10 New F-150 Features Ford Knew You Wanted All Along
Ford is awfully proud of their 2015 F-150, and they’re just as proud of their ability to stay on the cusp of what drivers want and need in a new vehicle. So on that aforesaid cusp is Ford that they’ve put together a list of 10 new F-150 features that drivers didn’t even know they wanted but will get all the same on the new model.
“If I do my job, the customer simply intuits that things are right – both inside and outside of his truck – without even having to think about it,” said Cary Diehl, a Ford human factors engineer who contributed to the production of the 2015 F-150.
You heard it here first: Ford employs telepaths. Might not be a bad idea to start thinking about factory-installed screaming bald eagle wraps and zombie-proofing measures.
The 10 new F-150 features that Ford wants you to be aware of (without actually being aware of them while you’re driving) are as follows:
- Hard buttons on the keypad on the driver-side door
- Beltline armrest on the front doors
- Finger reliefs inside the door handle
- Buttons grouped together in a logical fashion
- Finger reliefs on the steering wheel
- Customization of the MyView productivity screen
- Infotainment limited to center stack
- Four-spoke steering wheel
- Grooved tailgate handle
- Large box step
Now, if only Ford could find a way to incorporate a coffee maker and a dehumidifier for the purposes of homemade beef jerky, we’d be all set.