20 Fun Car-Themed Ice Breaker Questions for Starting Conversations
Being on a road trip or meeting new people can be a lot of fun…except when you can’t think of any small talk to break the ice and instead you’re awkwardly sitting in silence. Ice-breaker questions are a great way to get conversations rolling in the car, in line at the amusement park, or at a party. If you and those in your group are fans of cars or racing, these automotive-themed ice breaker questions are just what you need to get to know each other. Ask a couple questions and you’re sure to learn something new about the people you’re with!
Better to Give Than to Receive: Can you guess what the 10 most generous towns in America are?
Basic Automotive Questions
- If you could only drive in one car for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- Do you have a name for your current car or previous cars? What’s the story behind that name?
- If you could eliminate one car from having ever been produced, what model would you pick?
- What do you think is the sexiest car ever built?
Motorsports Racing Questions
- If you could live the life of any professional motorsports driver, who would you trade places with?
- If you could race at any racetrack in the world, which course would you pick?
- Which is the best: NASCAR, Formula 1, IndyCar, or monster truck rallies?
- If you had a race car, what brands/products would you have painted across the exterior as sponsors?
Car Culture Questions
- Did your dad, family members, or neighbors own a classic car when you were growing up? What model was it and what do you remember about it?
- If you could make any one type of car modification become a new widespread fad, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite car movie?
- What’s the most memorable bumper sticker you’ve ever seen? Did you ever have a bumper sticker on your car?
A Wise Investment: These cars are known for retaining the most value over time
Driving Laws Questions
- If you could add any one single driving law across the nation, what rule would you make mandatory on the road?
- What one current driving law would you eliminate if you could?
- Describe your experience learning to drive and/or taking driver’s ed courses. What was it like learning to drive?
- Did you pass your driver’s test on your first attempt? What items did you fail on?
- If you had to name your child after any of the automaker brands, which one would you pick?
- If you could have any one person as a chauffeur, who would you hire for the job?
- Have you ever been in a car accident before? What happened and what was it like?
- If you could invent a vehicle that could run on any substance as an alternative fuel, no matter how crazy, what would that fuel be?