2014 Ford EcoBoost Challenge Launches This April
Last year’s Ford EcoBoost Challenge was such a success, with more than 28,000 people taking part in the event, that the Blue Oval has brought it back for another go. The 2014 Ford EcoBoost Challenge will launch on April 12 in Phoenix, Arizona, and will bow in 11 other cities over the course of the next few months.
The goal of the challenge is to get drivers behind the wheel of popular, up-and-coming Ford models, powered by EcoBoost engines, which combine advanced technologies like turbocharging, direct injection, and variable valve timing for increased efficiency without the sacrifice of power. Drivers will get to take the hot EcoBoost models on three closed-course tracks, which include back-to-back drives with competitor vehicles. The three tracks include an ST Performance Academy, a Hybrid Challenge course, and an EcoBoost Challenge Drive.
Also at the 2014 Ford EcoBoost Challenge, drivers will get to race against the clock in a Fiesta ST and take a thrilling ride with a professional driver in the even more exciting Focus ST. Hybrid-oriented drivers, on the other hand, will get the chance to compete with the C-MAX Hybrid.
“Whether it’s our EcoBoost or electrified products, there’s no better way to experience the quality, innovation and fun of the Ford lineup than to get in the driver’s seat,” said Amy Marentic, Ford global car and crossover group marketing manager. “The EcoBoost Challenge lets consumers experience for themselves the technology that helps Ford deliver better fuel economy and a more engaged driving experience than the competition. And it’s just a lot of fun!”
Interested in attending a 2014 Ford EcoBoost Challenge event? You can register now at ecoboostdrive.com, and hey, it’s free! The locations and dates are listed below for your convenience. Each event runs from 9am to 6pm at most locations.
- University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, Arizona: April 12
- Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina: April 18-19 (runs in conjunction with Mustang 50th celebration)
- Calder Casino and Race Course in Miami, Florida: April 26
- Daytona International Speedway in Orlando, Florida: May 3
- Santa Anita Race Park in Los Angeles, California: May 10
- AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas: May 17
- Emerald Downs in Seattle, Washington: May 31
- Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas: June 7
- Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio: June 14
- Arlington Park in Chicago, Illinois: June 21
- Golden Gate Fields in San Francisco, California: June 28
- Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana: July 19