2015 Fiat 500 Overview
Retro and compact, the 2015 Fiat 500 is as much a fashion statement as it is a car. Choose from options like the budget-friendly Pop, the sporty Turbo, and the vintage-inspired 1957 Edition. In addition to its unique styling, the Fiat 500 also offers incredible fuel economy, making it ideal for young drivers and city dwellers.
What’s New for the 2015 Fiat 500?
For 2015, the sporty Fiat 500 Turbo model gets an optional automatic transmission as well as the previously available manual. All trim levels besides the base Pop have received an upgrade to the instrument cluster. Finally, all models now have Bluetooth audio streaming and an additional USB port.
2015 Fiat 500 Photos
2015 Fiat 500 Exterior
The 2015 Fiat 500 has an unmistakable exterior design that’ll leave you in no doubt as to its make. Based on the original 1957 design, the modern Fiat 500 combines retro styling with Italian design to create a vehicle that’s truly one-of-a-kind. Available exterior features include heated mirrors, foglights, retro paint, and a sport-tuned suspension on the Sport and Turbo trims.
2015 Fiat 500 Exterior Photos
Exterior available on the Pop
- 15-inch steel wheels with tech silver painted wheel covers, bi-function halogen projector headlamps, high-beam daytime running lights, gloss black finish exterior door appliqués, body-color power heated mirrors, exterior spotter mirrors, rear window defroster, rear window wiper/washer, removable short mast antenna, belt moldings, chrome door handles, chrome exhaust tip
Exterior available on the Sport
- 16-inch cast-aluminum polished face wheels with dark mineral grey painted pockets, foglamps, sport spoiler
Exterior available on the Lounge
- 15-inch cast-aluminum wheels, fixed glass roof, chrome power heated mirrors, body side molding with 500 logo, bright belt moldings
Exterior available on the 1957 Edition
- 16-inch aluminum white, light green, or light blue wheels; retro fascia with bright inserts, retro FIAT badging
Exterior available on the Turbo
- 16-inch cast-aluminum polished face wheels with gloss black painted pockets, matte finish exterior door appliqués, black-trimmed lights, body-color fascias, sport spoiler, side sills ground effects
2015 Fiat 500 Performance
The 2015 Fiat 500 comes with two engine choices. A 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine resides beneath the hood of the Pop, Sport, Lounge, and 1957 Edition models, pumping out 101 horsepower and 97 lb-ft of torque. This engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission, although a six-speed automatic is also available.
If you prefer something a tad sportier, opt for the Turbo model, which is equipped with a turbocharged version of the aforementioned engine. This version is good for 135 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. Again, a five-speed manual transmission is standard, while a six-speed automatic is optional.
2015 Fiat 500 Efficiency
Fiat 500 models equipped with the base four-cylinder and the five-speed manual transmission engine yield an EPA-estimated 31 mpg city and 40 mpg highway, which comes out to an outstanding 34 mpg combined. Opting for the automatic transmission drops those numbers to 24/32/27 mpg city/highway/combined.
The Turbo’s numbers decrease slightly, to 28 city/34 highway/30 combined when powered by the manual transmission, and 24/32/27 mpg city/highway/combined with the automatic.
2015 Fiat 500 Interior
As expected, the interior of the 2015 Fiat 500 is decidedly retro. Despite its low starting price, even the entry-level Pop’s interior is surprisingly upscale. Cloth seats are standard, and a Luxury Leather package can be added to the Sport and Turbo trim levels if you’d like a little more opulence. Additionally, the Comfort and Convenience package—also available on Sport and Turbo—offers automatic climate control, heated front seats, and satellite radio. However, opting for these upscale additions can make your cheap entry-level car leap way above your budget.
As far as comfort and spaciousness goes, you’ll find that the Fiat 500 is best suited for two people. The driver and front passenger seat are much roomier than you might think, but the back seats are equally as cramped. Leaving the seatbacks up will allow you to carry up to 9.5 cubic feet of cargo, while lowering the back seats increases that to 30.2 cubic feet.
2015 Fiat 500 Interior Photos
Interior available on the Pop
- Cloth bucket seats, driver and passenger seat memory, rear 50/50 split fold-down seat, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in center console, air conditioning, driver seat armrest, driver seat height adjuster, electric power steering, electronic vehicle information center, front floor mats, glove box with damped door, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power windows with front one-touch-down feature, rear cargo shelf panel, rearview day/night mirror, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, sun visors with vanity mirror, tinted windows, urethane shift knob, body-color instrument panel bezels, chrome interior door handles, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with six speakers, BLUE&ME streaming audio and handsfree communication, media hub in center console
Interior available on the Sport
- Passenger seat armrest, sport cloth bucket seats, chrome shift knob, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, overhead passenger assist handle, premium 7-inch color cluster display, FIAT Premium Audio System
Interior available on the Lounge
- Premium cloth bucket seats, auto temp control air conditioning, leather-wrapped steering wheel, one-year subscription to SiriusXM
Interior available on the 1957 Edition
- Retro Marrone (brown) leather seats, Marrone leather shift knob and steering wheel, driver and front passenger seatback pockets, retro ivory door trim panel
Interior available on the Turbo
- Sport cloth bucket seats, chrome shift knob, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, silver accent stitching
2015 Fiat 500 Safety
The smaller the car, the less safe it is… right? Not necessarily. The 2015 Fiat 500 offers front and side curtain airbags, a driver knee airbag, active front head restraints, stability and traction control, hill start assist, and antilock disc brakes. That earned the model four out of five stars in crash testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and were awarded “good” ratings (the highest possible) in four of five crash tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced Multi-stage airbag system
- Engine immobilizer
- Hill Start Assist
- LATCH Child Seat Anchor System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Speed Control