2015 Ford EcoBoost Challenge Dates Announced
Ford will be rolling out the third annual iteration of its nationwide EcoBoost® Challenge, which will span 17 cities across the country and provide current and potentially future customers with the opportunity to test their skills in five different driving experiences. As an added bonus, those who participate in the EcoBoost Challenge will be able to register for the opportunity to win a 2015 Ford Edge.
“With EcoBoost engines now available across 100 percent of our U.S. light-duty lineup, the EcoBoost Challenge lets consumers experience this innovative technology that helps Ford deliver better fuel economy with a more engaging driving experience than the competition,” said Michele Bartlett, Ford group marketing manager for large cars and SUVs. “Not only is the EcoBoost Challenge a lot of fun, but getting people in the driver’s seat is the best way for them to experience the craftsmanship, innovation and performance of the Ford lineup.”
Need a Quick Quote? Use the Black Book Credit Estimator
Ford will be bringing the heat from its 2015 lineup, including Mustang, F-150, Edge, Expedition, Escape, Fusion Hybrid, and Transit Connect Wagon. One of the most unique (and arguably bold) challenges will allow drivers to test either an F-150 or Edge back-to-back against a direct competitor.
Other challenges include the ST Reaction Time Challenge, which puts drivers behind the wheel of either a Fiesta ST or Focus ST, and a course dedicated specifically to highlighting the performance of the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost.
Perhaps of the most appeal to drivers raised on automatic transmissions is the “ShiftPhobia” boot camp, which will serve as a crash-course on how to drive manual. Why, if you complete “ShiftPhobia,” you’ll be able to snark online about people who drive automatic with the best of ‘em!
Pre-registration is open now at EcoBoostDrive.com with the first event scheduled for March 7th at Sun Life Stadium in Miami. Additional events are as follows:
- Los Angeles: Santa Anita Park, March 14
- Dallas: AT&T Stadium, March 21
- Washington, DC: FedEx Field, March 28
- Houston: NRG Park, April 18
- Louisville, Kentucky: Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, April 25
- Phoenix: WestWorld, May 2
- Concord, North Carolina: Charlotte Motor Speedway, May 2
- Seattle: Emerald Downs, May 9
- Chicago: Arlington Park, May 9
- Cincinnati: Forest Fair Village Mall, May 30
- Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, May 30
- Orlando, Florida: Orange County Convention Center, June 6
- Philadelphia: Wells Fargo Center, June 6
- San Francisco: Oakland Alameda Coliseum, June 13
- Rochester, New York: Monroe Community College, June 13
- Minneapolis: Mall of America, June 20
Shopping for a Ford? See the benefits of using Ford Credit