2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Overview
The 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek offers off-road capability and real-life utility. Whether you’re buying a vehicle to serve as your daily commuter or want a capable vehicle to help you explore the wilderness, the Subaru XV Crosstrek is well worth consideration. Its fun-to-drive personality more than makes up for its sometimes lackluster acceleration, and its ample cargo and passenger space makes it perfect for a family—whether that family is two-legged or four-legged.
What’s New for the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek?
While in previous model years Subaru only offered Limited and Platinum trims for the XV Crosstrek gasoline version, for 2015 the Japanese automaker has added a Base trim level. This means the compact crossover is now accessible to a wider range of drivers with a wider range of budgets. Additionally, all trim levels now come with a standard rearview camera, as well as a 6.2-inch touchscreen with smartphone integration. If you prefer, you can opt for a 7-inch touchscreen instead. New features on the Limited trim level include keyless entry and ignition.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Photos
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Exterior
The 2015 XV Crosstrek is one of those cars that hardly needs a badge—chances are you’ll recognize it at first glance. With a sleek body shape and sporty styling, you’re sure to stand out when you drive this car. Standard features include 17-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, and rear privacy glass. As you move up the trim levels you’ll find features like heated mirrors and automatic headlights. Exterior color choices include the eye-catching Tangerine Orange Pearl, plus more traditional choices like Venetian Red Pearl, Quartz Blue Pearl, Crystal Black Silica, and Crystal White Pearl. A unique color available only in hybrid models is Plasma Green Pearl.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Exterior Photos
Exterior available on the 2.0i: 17-inch dark gray with machined finish aluminum alloy wheels, all-season tires, fog lights, rear spoiler, black folding side mirrors, body color door handles, two-speed windshield wipers with variable intermittent mode and mist feature, black raised roof rails, wheel arch cladding, power side mirrors
Exterior available on the 2.0i Premium: body-color power side mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer and heated side mirrors, single-speed rear window wiper with fixed intermittent mode
Exterior available on the 2.0i Limited: auto on/off headlights, body-color side mirrors with integrated turn signals
Exterior available on the Hybrid: 17-inch lightweight dark gray aluminum-alloy wheels, low-rolling resistance all-season tires, auto on/off headlights, extended rear spoiler, body-color side mirrors with integrated turn signals and chrome accents, LED taillights
Exterior available on the Hybrid Touring: 17-inch lightweight dark gray aluminum-alloy wheels, power tilt/sliding moonroof
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Performance
The 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, and 2.0i Limited models are all equipped with 2.0-liter four-cylinder Subaru BOXER gasoline engines that put out 148 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. For slightly better fuel economy, and a lower environmental impact, you can opt for the Hybrid or Hybrid Touring, both of which are equipped with the same gasoline engine as the other models, but with a hybrid electric drivetrain which is good for 160 hp and 163 lb-ft of torque. Zero-to-60 time is around 10 seconds for all models.
The 2.0i is powered by a five-speed manual transmission, which is also available in the 2.0i Premium. The Premium, Limited, and Hybrid models come with a standard Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with six-speed manual mode and paddle shifters.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Efficiency
One of the draws of the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek is its impressive fuel economy numbers. The 2.0i’s gasoline engine yields up to 31 mpg city and 23 mpg highway. This improves slightly in the 2.0i Premium and 2.0i Limited, both of which offer an EPA-estimated 34 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. Finally, the Hybrid and Hybrid Touring models offer 34 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Interior
The 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek’s interior can be as simple or as luxurious as you’d like it to be. Cloth seats are standard on the 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, and Hybrid models; while the 2.0i Limited and Hybrid Touring receive leather upholstery. Heated seats are standard in all but the base model. Available options include automatic climate control, an upgraded infotainment system with navigation, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter.
Size isn’t an issue inside the XV Crosstrek. With the rear seats up, there’s an available 22.3 cubic feet of cargo space; lower the rear seats and that increases to 51.9 cubic feet.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Interior Photos
Interior available on the 2.0i:
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, 4-way adjustable front passenger’s seat, 60/40 rear folding seatbacks, cloth upholstery, silver metallic accent trim, power windows with driver’s auto up/down feature, illuminated and lockable glovebox, air conditioning system
- STARLINK™ 6.2-inch multimedia package including a 6.2-inch high-resolution touch-screen, HD Radio ®, STARLINK ™ smartphone integration, CD player, 6 speakers, USM port, MP3 capabilities, Bluetooth ® audio streaming, hands free phone connectivity, and a rear vision camera
Interior available on the 2.0i Premium:
- Heated front seats, sun visors with concealed vanity mirrors, center console with storage tray and 12-V power outlet, rear cargo tray
- STARLINK ™ 7-inch multimedia package including a 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen, HD Radio ™, STARLINK™ smartphone integration, Satellite radio, CD player, 6 speakers, Bluetooth® audio streaming and phone controls, rear vision camera, and dual USB ports
Interior available on the 2.0i Limited:
- Leather-trimmed upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle, Lineartronic® CVT paddle shifters, automatic climate system, retractable and removable cargo area cover, cargo-area with two grocery bag hooks and four tie-down hooks
- Optional STARLINK ™ 7-inch Multimedia Navigation system with voice-activated GPS system, 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen, HD ® radio, STARLINK™ smartphone integration, Satellite Radio, Navigation and Traffic updates, CD player, 6-speakers, USB port, and Bluetooth® audio streaming and phone connectivity with steering wheel mounted controls
Interior available on the Hybrid:
- Cloth upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle, center console with storage tray and 12-Volt power outlet, illuminated and lockable glovebox
- STARLINK ™ 7-inch multimedia package including a 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen, HD Radio ™, STARLINK™ smartphone integration, Satellite radio, CD player, 6 speakers, Bluetooth® audio streaming and phone controls, dual USB ports, and a rear vision camera
Interior available on the Hybrid Touring:
- Heated front seats, leather-trimmed upholstery, sun visors with concealed vanity mirrors, rear cargo tray
- Optional STARLINK ™ 7-inch Multimedia Navigation system with voice-activated GPS system, 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen, HD ® radio, Satellite Radio, STARLINK™ smartphone integration, Navigation and Traffic updates, CD player, 6-speakers, USB port, and Bluetooth® audio streaming and phone connectivity with steering wheel mounted controls
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Safety
Being a Subaru, you can correctly assume that safety is standard in the 2015 XV Crosstrek. All models come with front side airbags, side curtain airbags, a driver’s knee airbag, stability control, traction control, antilock disc brakes, a rearview camera, and active front head restraints. Subaru’s EyeSight is available in the 2.0i Premium and 2.0i Limited trim levels, offering adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, steering-responsive foglights, and a forward collision mitigation system with automatic braking.
Additionally, the Hybrid and Hybrid Touring models come with an audible pedestrian alert system to help those on the outside of the car remain as safe as those on the inside.
The 2015 XV Crosstrek earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), as well as being named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Standard Safety Features
- Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Subaru advanced frontal airbag system, driver’s and passenger’s front airbags, driver’s knee airbag, seat-mounted front side-impact airbags, and side-curtain airbags
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- Brake Assist and 4-wheel antilock braking system
- Daytime Running lights
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Height adjustable 3-point front seatbelts
- LATCH system and rear child safety door locks