2016 Acura RLX Overview
The 2016 Acura RLX is a mid-size luxury sedan that includes many advanced safety features, offers one of the most spacious interiors available in its segment, and scored very well during government safety testing. The 2016 Acura RLX comes standard with 3.5-liter V6 engine and features a starting MSRP of $54,450.
The 2016 Acura RLX is available in four trim levels: RLX with Technology Package, RLX with Advance Package, RLX Sport-Hybrid with Technology Package, and RLX Sport-Hybrid with Advance Package.
More From Acura: Check out this review of the 2016 Acura ILX
What’s New for the 2016 Acura RLX?
The 2016 Acura RLX has discontinued the base trim of its previous model year and has added three new available safety features: rear cross-traffic alert, 360-degree camera system, and road departure mitigation. The 2016 Acura RLX also comes available with AcuraWatch on every trim, which includes driver assist technologies, such as collision mitigation and cross-traffic monitor.
2016 Acura RLX Photos:
2016 Acura RLX Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Acura RLX is mostly unchanged from the previous model year, however it does come standard with 19-inch wheels, LED headlights, and a moon roof. Exterior color options for the 2016 Acura RLX include: Crystal Black Pearl, Slate Silver Metallic, Bellanova White Pearl, and Graphite Luster Metallic.
2016 Acura RLX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 Acura RLX with Technology Package
- Power moonroof; Jewel Eye® LED headlights; LED-illuminated taillights, brake lights, side mirror-integrated directional signals, rear license, and Center High Mount Stop Light; LED-illuminated door handles; Acoustic glass windshield; Acoustic front and rear side glass; Remote-operated windows and moonroof-open function; Power-folding side mirrors; 19-inch aluminum-alloy bright finish noise-reducing wheels
Exterior available on 2016 Acura RLX with Advance Package
- The 2016 RLX with Advance Package includes the same exterior features as the 2016 Acura RLX with Technology Package.
Exterior available on 2016 Acura RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RLX with Advance Package: LED fog lights, Smoked chrome finish for front grille, Hybrid badging, 19-inch machine-finished noise-reducing wheels
Exterior available on 2016 Acura RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Advance Package
- The 2016 RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Advance Package includes the same exterior features as the 2016 Acura RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package.
2016 Acura RLX Performance
The 2016 Acura RLX comes standard with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 310 horsepower and 272 lb-ft of torque. The top level 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD features three additional electric motors and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, which increases the sedan’s power output to 377 horsepower and 341 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Acura RLX Efficiency
When equipped with the standard 3.5-liter engine and six-speed automatic transmission, the 2016 Acura RLX is good for an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. Fuel economy rises to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg combined for the 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD, which uses the same 3.5-liter V6 engine as the base model, but utilizes three additional electric motors and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. This mid-size luxury sedan comes standard with a 18.5 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Acura RLX Interior
The interior of the 2016 Acura RLX is both spacious and stylish. This luxury sedan from Acura comes standard with leatherette upholstery, eight-way power adjustable seats, a moon roof, and a navigation system, as well as keyless ignition and entry. The 2016 Acura RLX also features 15.3 cubic feet storage space in its truck and 38.8 inches of legroom for passengers riding in the rear seats. Kelly’s Blue Book lists the available 14 speaker Krell audio option as one if its favorite features on the 2016 Acura RLX.
2016 Acura RLX Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2016 Acura RLX with Technology Package
- Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed seats, Driver and front passenger 12-way power seats including 4-way lumbar support, Heated front seats, Multi-function front center console with left/right opening and sliding armrest with integrated tray, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Metal trim on console and doors, Rear-seat center armrest with locking trunk pass-through, Tri-zone automatic climate control with humidity control and air filtration, Keyless Access System, Power windows with auto-up/down and auto-reverse, Active sound control, Steering wheel-mounted controls, Electronic tilt and telescopic steering column, Ambient cabin lighting, Automatic dimming rearview mirror, 12-volt power outlets
Interior available on 2016 Acura RLX with Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RLX with Technology Package: Heated and ventilated front seats, Heated rear outboard seats, Heated steering wheel, Remote engine start, Power rear sunshade, Rear door side sunshades (manual), Rear footwell lighting
Interior available on 2016 Acura RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RLX with Advance Package: Electronic gear selector, Head-up display, Reactive Force Accelerator Pedal
Interior available on 2016 Acura RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RLX Sport-Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package: Heated and ventilated front seats, Heated rear outboard seats, Heated steering wheel, Remote engine start, Power rear sunshade, Rear door side sunshades (manual), Rear footwell lighting
2016 Acura RLX Safety
The 2016 Acura RLX received the highest crash test safety rating possible of five-stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Additionally, the 2016 Acura RLX earned the best rating of “good” in all crash tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. New safety features available for the Acura RLX include a 360-degree camera system, road departure mitigation, and rear cross-traffic alert.
Standard Safety Features
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure
- Theft-deterrent system with electronic immobilizer
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control and motion adaptive steering
- Forward Collision Warning
- Brake Assist
- Multi-view rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Blind spot information system
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags
- Lane Departure Warning
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Front side airbags
- Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Driver’s knee airbag
- LATCH child-seat mounting system
- Side-impact door beams
Looking For An Acura At A Reduced Cost? Learn more about the benefits of buying a Certified Pre-Owned Acura