2016 BMW X1 Overview
The BMW X1 is a compact Sports Activity Vehicle, but don’t let that description fool you. Since it’s made by BMW, it has the performance capability that you would expect from a much smaller car. With so many luxury features standard on this model, it’s sure to impress.
The 2016 BMW X1 is offered in one trim level in the United States, the xDrive28i.
What’s New for the 2016 BMW X1?
The BMW X1 is entering a new generation for the 2016 model year, and has received a major refresh. The body has been redesigned, and it now has the most interior space of any vehicle in its compact SUV class. It is also now equipped with the most powerful engine in its class, and the 2016 model year will include the xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system to help you stay on the road in the most difficult driving situations. For 2016, there have also been significant technology updates, including the newest BMW Head-Up Display and Driver Assistance Plus package.
2016 BMW X1 Photos:
2016 BMW X1 Exterior
The 2016 BMW X1 will surely turn heads as it drives along the road. Its sleek styling beats out the boxy cookie-cutter forms of the competition. The headlights of the BMW X1 turn to take corners with the vehicle, helping make sure that drivers can see what could be in the road ahead of them.
2016 BMW X1 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on BMW X1 xDrive28i:
- Matte Chrome exterior trim, Y Spoke light alloy wheels, Satin aluminum roof rails, Privacy glass (rear windows), Halogen high- and low-beam headlights, Halogen free-form fog lights, Chrome tailpipe finishers
2016 BMW X1 Performance
The 2016 BMW X1 is reportedly the most powerful compact SUV in its class. The 28i 2.0-liter four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine has 228 horsepower and generates 258 lb-ft of torque. It is also equipped with xDrive, BMW’s adaptive all-wheel-drive system, which allows drivers to keep control of their vehicles in difficult driving conditions.
2016 BMW X1 Interior
With comfortable upholstery and incredibly roomy interior, a ride in the BMW X1 is something you’ll look forward to, even if it’s your morning commute. Advanced infotainment features mean that you’ll be entertained throughout your ride with your favorite playlists and know where you’re going with navigation.
2016 BMW X1 Interior Photos:
Interior available on BMW X1 xDrive28i:
- Automatic climate control with micro-filter recirculation, Eight-way power-adjustable fronts, SensaTec upholstery, Anthracite headliner, High-gloss black trim with Pearl gloss chrome highlight, 12-volt power sockets
- Bluetooth wireless, Vehicle and key memory, BMW TeleService, HiFi Sound System (seven speakers), Dynamic Cruise Control, iDrive system with onboard computer, Audio streaming, 6.5-inch center screen, HD Radio with multicast
2016 BMW X1 Safety
Safety is one of BMW’s top concerns, and the BMW X1 is fully loaded to keep you and your precious cargo protected. If the worst should happen and you are in a collision, BMW Assist eCall will notify BMW if the airbags of the X1 deploy. Sensors will tell the BMW Assist Center how many times the car was hit, if it flipped, and more, and then they can alert emergency responders.
Standard Safety Features
- BMW Assist eCall
- Programmable LED Daytime Running Lights
- Auto-locking retractors (ALR) on seatbelts
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Advanced airbags
- Head Protections System (HPS)