2016 BMW X4 Overview
The BMW X4 is a versatile SUV with the heart of a coupe. Passengers will be happy with the large cabin and entertainment options, and drivers will love the powerful engine and safety features. When driving the BMW X4, even a trip to the grocery store is exciting.
Connect with Your Vehicle: Learn more about the BMW Enlighten App
What’s New for the 2016 BMW X4?
Expect a more aggressive front end and some extra horsepower with the 2016 BMW X4.
2016 BMW X4 Photos:
2016 BMW X4 Exterior
The 2016 BMW X4 is almost like a hatchback version of the X3, which is great if you like the X3 and that kind of style. It features a low roof and, for the 2016 model year, a more aggressive front end, a more athletic profile, and an overall sleeker design that hints at the extra horsepower BMW was able to squeeze out of the engine.
2016 BMW X4 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 BMW X4 xDrive28i:
- Body-color door handles, LED Corona headlight rings, Heated side mirrors, Power lift tailgate, Adaptive Light Control, Xenon headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, Power side mirrors
Exterior available on 2016 BMW X4 xDrive35i:
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers, 19-inch wheels, Power-folding side mirrors, Heated side mirrors, LED Corona headlight rights, Automatic-dimming rearview and sideview mirrors, Xenon headlights
2016 BMW X4 Performance
The 2016 BMW X4’s base engine is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. The updated engine is a 3.0-liter six-cylinder that delivers 300 hp and 300 lb-ft directly to your right foot, after passing through an eight-speed shiftable automatic transmission (same as the base engine). Both come with BMW’s patented xDrive all-wheel-drive system. At best, you’ll get your X4 from 0 to 60 mph in just over 5 seconds.
2016 BMW X4 Efficiency
Thanks to direct fuel injection and variable valve timing, both engines get respectable fuel economy numbers. The EPA estimates 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway for the four-cylinder and 19/28 mpg for the six-cylinder.
2016 BMW X4 Interior
The new design that makes the 2016 BMW X4’s exterior look so fresh and sporty does come at some cost of interior room for the rear passengers. But with standard leather upholstery, satellite radio, leather upholstery, heated seats, Bluetooth capability, and dual-zone automatic climate control, it’s hard to complain.
- Cruise control, Sirius XM satellite radio, iDrive infotainment system, Two-way power glass moonroof, 40/20/40-split folding rear seats, Tilt and telescoping steering wheel, HiFi Sound System, Wood trim, Auto-dimming mirrors, Nine speakers, SensaTec upholstery, HD radio, Eight-way power adjustable seats
Interior available on 2016 BMW X4 xDrive35i:
- HD Radio, Integrated garage-door opener, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, SiriusXM satellite radio, Harmon Kardon® Surround Sound System, Panoramic moonroof, 16 speakers, Ambiance lighting, Automatic climate control
2016 BMW X4 Safety
Standard safety equipment includes four-wheel antilock disc brakes, traction and stability control, adaptive HID headlights, side-mounted and head curtain airbags, BMW Assist, post-collision safety system, and a remote anti-theft alarm. Options include adaptive cruise control, forward-collision alert, blind-spot monitoring, a top-down camera, and lane-keeping assist.
Standard Safety Features:
- BMW Assist eCall™
- Post-collision safety system
- Front side-impact airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Active Head Restraints
- Traction and stability control
An Even More Complete Picture: Check out this additional BMW X4 model overview