2016 Buick Enclave Overview
The 2016 Buick Enclave is a mid-size SUV with a starting MSRP of $39,065. The 2016 Buick Enclave comes standard with a 3.6-liter engine good for 288 horsepower and also features the auto-industry’s first standard front center side air bag, which deploys from the inside portion of the driver’s seat and works in the space between the front passenger and driver.
The 2016 Buick Enclave is available in three trim levels: Convenience Group, Leather Group, and Premium Group. The 2016 Enclave comes standard as a FWD model, but AWD is also available on the Leather Group and Premium Group.
What’s new for the 2016 Buick Enclave?
The 2016 Buick Enclave comes with OnStar 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, which allows up to seven personal devices to be connected at once. The 2016 Buick Enclave also comes with three new exterior color options: Ebony Twilight Metallic, Summit White, and White Frost Tricoat.
In addition, the 2016 Buick Enclave comes with an available Tucson Edition that’s offered for both the Leather Group and Premium Group. The Tucson Edition will include the luxury features of the Leather Group and Premium Group, as well as featuring a bronze grille and 20-inch chrome wheels with bronze accents.
2016 Buick Enclave Photos:
2016 Buick Enclave Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Buick Enclave comes standard with a black-chrome waterfall grille and 19-inch aluminum wheels. Exterior color options available for the 2016 Buick Enclave include: Quicksilver Metallic, Ebony Twilight Metallic, Dark Sapphire Blue, Summit White, Midnight Amethyst Metallic, White Frost Metallic, Iridium Metallic, Sparkling Silver Metallic, Crimson Red Tintcoat, and Dark Chocolate Metallic.
2016 Buick Enclave Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Convenience Group
- 19-inch 10-spoke aluminum wheels, Automatic on/off headlamps, Daytime running lamps, Roof-mounted chromed luggage rack side rails, Heated power outside mirrors, Power rear liftgate, Rear intermittent wiper with washer, Front intermittent wipers with structureless wiper blades
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group
- The 2016 Buick Leather group includes the same exterior features as the 2016 Buick Enclave Conveience Group
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group: 19-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels, Articulating headlamps, Heated power-folding side mirrors
2016 Buick Enclave Performance
The 2016 Buick Enclave comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which combine to produce 288 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Enclave was capable of accelerating from 0-to-60 mph in 8.6 seconds during testing performed by Edmunds.
2016 Buick Enclave Efficiency
The standard front-wheel drive version of the 2016 Buick Enclave gets an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The available all-wheel drive option for the Leather Group and Premium Group trims receives an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Buick Enclave comes with a standard 22 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Buick Enclave Interior
The interior of the 2016 Buick Enclave is both elegant and spacious. The 2016 Enclave features 23.3 cubic feet of available cargo space, as well as OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot so passengers can stay connected and entertained during long trips. Additionally, the 2016 Enclave comes standard with Buick’s IntelliLink 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
2016 Buick Enclave Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Convenience Group
- Seven-passenger seating, 8-way power-adjustable driver seat, Cruise control, Rear-window electric defogger, Power programmable door locks, Carpeted floor mats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power windows, Remote vehicle starter system, Steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, Rear underfloor cargo area, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Tilt and telescopic steering column
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Convenience Group: 8-way power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats, Heated front seats, Memory presets for two drivers, Heated steering wheel
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group: Heated and cooled front seats, Power tilt and telescopic steering column
2016 Buick Enclave Safety
The 2016 Buick Enclave earned the highest safety rating possible of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Additionally, the 2016 Enclave earned ratings of “good” in all tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2016 Enclave comes standard with a rear vision camera, rear parking sensor, and four-wheel antilock disc brakes.
Standard Safety Features
- Daytime running lights
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Rear park assist
- StabiliTrak® stability control system
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- Traction control
- Tire pressure monitor system
- Airbag system with driver front center seat-mounted side-impact airbag and head curtain side-impact airbags