2016 Buick Verano Overview
The 2016 Buick Verano features a starting MSRP of only $21,065, but that relative low price doesn’t mean this sedan isn’t both classy and luxurious. Available with a 2.0-liter turbo DOHC engine with VVT, this machine can propel itself from 0-to-60 in only 6.2 seconds.
The 2016 Buick Verano comes in five trim levels: 1SV, Verano, Convenience Group, Leather Group, and Premium Turbo.
What’s New for the 2016 Buick Verano?
The 2016 Buick Verano comes with a new Base trim that eliminates many of the technology features found on other trim levels such as Bluetooth, a rearview camera, and Buick IntelliLink. Additionally, the push-button keyless start has been re-positioned from the center stack to the steering column.
2016 Buick Verano Photos:
2016 Buick Verano Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Buick Verano doesn’t offer the flashiness of a Cadillac ATS or Chevy Camaro, but that’s part of its allure which defines its mature and refined appearance. Exterior color options for the 2016 Buick Verano include Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, Summit White, Quicksilver Metallic, and Ebony Twilight Metallic.
2016 Buick Verano Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Verano 1SV
- Acoustic laminated glass, Chrome moldings, Daytime running lamps, Body-colored door handles, Halogen composite projector beam headlamps, Power-adjustable mirrors, Solar-absorbing glass
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Verano
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SV trim: Optional rear spoiler, Available wheel locks
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Convenience Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Verano trim: Halogen fog lamps, Heated power-adjustable mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Leather Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Convenience Group trim: Body-colored door handles with chrome
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Premium Turbo
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group trim: Rear spoiler
2016 Buick Verano Performance
The 2016 Buick Verano comes standard with a 2.4-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 180 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque. If you are in need of more power, then you can opt for the Premium Turbo trim that comes equipped with the 2.0-liter turbo DOHC engine with variable valve timing. This available turbo engine is capable of producing 250 horsepower, 260 lb-ft of torque, a top-speed of 129 mph, and can accelerate from 0 to 60 in just 6.2 seconds.
2016 Buick Verano Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Buick Verano isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t match the outstanding fuel efficiency of its GM cousin, the Chevy Cruze, which is good for up to 42 mpg on the highway. When equipped with the standard 2.4-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine, the 2016 Buick Verano produces an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway. If you opt for the 2.0-liter turbo DOHC engine with VVT, then you’re not sacrificing much in terms of fuel efficiency, as the turbo engine gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Verano comes with a 15.6 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Buick Verano Interior
The 2016 Buick Verano uses an acoustic windshield, triple-sealed doors, and laminated side glass to ensure one of the quietest rides available on the automotive market. The interior cabin also offers 4G LTE wireless and automatic climate control to make sure the ride is as entertaining and comfortable as possible.
2016 Buick Verano Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Verano 1SV
- Driver eight-way manual seat adjuster, Ambient lighting, Color-keyed carpet and mats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Front bucket seats, Humidity sensor
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Verano
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SV trim: Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Convenience Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Verano trim: Driver eight-way power seat adjuster, Heated front seats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Leather Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Convenience Group trim: Leather-appointed seating, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
Interior available on the 2016 Buick Verano Premium Turbo
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group trim: Aluminum sport pedals
2016 Buick Verano Safety
The 2016 Buick Verano received the best safety rating possible of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2016 Verano comes with standard safety features such as a four-wheel antilock braking system, daytime running lamps, stability control, tire pressure monitoring, emergency braking assist, and traction control. Every trim, except for the Base, comes standard with a rearview camera and the Premium Turbo trim also features blind-spot monitoring.
Standard Safety Features
- 10 standard air bags
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren)
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Available Ultrasonic® Rear Park Assist
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert
- Available Rear Vision Camera
- Available Lane Departure Warning
- Available Forward Collision Alert
More From Buick: Compare the 2016 Verano with its 2015 counterpart