2016 Cadillac CT6 Overview
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is a full-size sedan with a starting MSRP of $53,495. The Cadillac CT6 is available with three different engine options and comes with many advanced technology features. The 2016 Cadillac CT6 competes in the same segment as the 2016 BMW 7 Series, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, and Audi A8.
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is offered in four trim levels: CT6, Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum.
What’s new for the 2016 Cadillac CT6?
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is an entirely new model.
2016 Cadillac CT6 Photos:
2016 Cadillac CT6 Exterior
The exterior styling of the 2016 Cadillac CT6 is both bold and elegant. The vehicle features a wheelbase of 122.4 inches and a curb weight of less than 3,700 pounds, which is made possible by the extensive use of aluminum in the vehicle’s design. The CT6 has a unique front grille and comes with technologically advanced Indirect Fire LED headlamps. The CT6 borrows much of its design from the ATS and CTS models.
2016 Cadillac Ct6 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6
- Daytime Running Lamps, Body-color door handles, LED high beam/low beam headlamps, Capless fueling system, Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors, Rear tail lamps with LED illumination, Compact spare tire, 18-inch all season tire, 18-inch multi-spoke aluminum wheels with Blade Silver painted finish
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on CT6: Hands-free power decklid, Illuminated door handles, IntelliBeam headlamps, Front cornering lamps, Power-folding heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: Enhanced Vision and Comfort Package
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium Luxury: Active Chassis Package, Comfort Package, Driver Assist Package, Rear Seat Package, 20-inch all season tires, 20-inch 5-split spoke aluminum wheels with Manoogian Silver premium painted finish and 5 chrome inserts
2016 Cadillac CT6 Performance
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is available with three different engines. There’s a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder rated at 272 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. Another option is the naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, good for 335 horsepower and 285 lb-ft of torque. The most powerful engine is the completely new twin turbocharged 3.0-liter V6, which pumps out 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. Each engine comes matched with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
2016 Cadillac CT6 Efficiency
Fuel economy information for the 2016 Cadillac CT6 has yet to be released.
2016 Cadillac CT6 Interior
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 comes with a luxurious and spacious interior. Rear passengers receive 40.4 inches of leg room, and wireless phone charging comes standard, along with a OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. Other advanced technologies featured in the CT6 include a 34-speaker Bose audio system, video screens that are located in the back of the driver and passenger seats, as well as a 10-inch CUE infotainment system.
2016 Cadillac CT6 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6
- Duel-zone automatic climate control, Cruise control, Power programmable door locks with lockout protection, Premium carpeted front and rear floor mats, Front and Rear Park Assist, 8” diagonal color gauge cluster, Driver memory seat, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Auxiliary power outlet with dual USB ports, Rear Vision Camera, 14-way front bucket seats for driver and front passenger, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Universal Home Remote, Bluetooth with Natural Voice Recognition, Bose 8-speaker premium audio system, Cadillac CUE Information and Media Control System, OnStar with 4G LTE, SiriusXM Satellite Radio and HD Radio, Wireless Charging
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on CT6: Driver Awareness and Convenience Package, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Collision Alert, Front pedestrian detection, Heated steering wheel, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Front passenger memory seat, 110V auxiliary power outlet, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, 16-way front bucket seats for driver and front passenger, Heated front seats, Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear side manual sunshades, Surround Vision, Vehicle inclination sensor, Vehicle interior movement sensor, Theft-deterrent system, Bose 10-speaker Surround Sound audio system, Cadillac CUE Information and Media Control System with navigation
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: 12-inch diagonal cluster gauge control, Reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Rear Camera Mirror, UltraView panoramic power sunroof,
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium Luxury: Quad-zone climate control with dual control settings for front and rear passengers, Adaptive full-speed range cruise control, Enhanced Night Vision, Ionizing Air Cleaner, 20-way front bucket seats for driver and front passenger, Heated rear seats, Ventilated driver and front passenger seat cushions and seatbacks, Bose Panaray sound system with 34 speakers, Rear seat infotainment
2016 Cadillac CT6 Safety
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 comes equipped with a 360-degree camera that displays images through the CUE infotainment system, which helps to reduce blind-spots for the driver. The 360-degree camera will also activate automatically if it senses the vehicle is being broken into. Other advanced safety features of the CT6 include enhanced night vision, advanced park assist, and pedestrian collision mitigation technology, which can automatically apply the brakes if it detects an imminent collision.
Standard Safety Features
- Airbag with Passenger Sensing System
- Driver and front passenger frontal, front-seat thorax and pelvic, side-curtain, and knee airbags
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- Rear Vision Camera
- 3-point driver and front passenger safety belts
- 3-point rear all seating positions safety belts
Tim Shults likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters.