2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Overview
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV is luxury SUV with a starting MSRP of $72,790. The Cadillac Escalade ESV features the same powerful V8 engine and luxurious interior as the regular Escalade, but the ESV model is approximately 20 inches longer than the standard version. The 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV is available in four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Premium, and Platinum.
Car Color Options: What does your car say about you?
What’s new for the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV?
The Cadillac Escalade ESV was completely redesigned in 2015. For the 2016 model year, new technology was added to its already astounding level of advanced equipment. Cadillac improved its CUE infotainment interface and added an available lane-departure intervention system and a front-view camera.
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Photos:
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Exterior
Stunning and stately exterior design is synonymous with the Escalade name and the latest Escalade does not disappoint. This SUV sits on classy 20-inch dual seven-spoke chrome-plated wheels. For improved functionality, the Escalade comes standard with assist steps as well as front active aero shutters that improve aerodynamics and help cool the engine. Full LED taillights adorn the back end, adding a strong touch of luxury. A roof-mounted, chrome luggage rack gives the exterior a rugged note while simply giving you more options to store cargo.
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Standard
- 17-inch full-size steel spare wheel, 20-inch 7-spokechrome plated wheels, Black assist steps, Front active aero shutters, Full LED taillamps, Deep-tinted glass, Hands-free power liftgate, Acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass, Automatic on/off headlamps, LED high-beam/low-beam headlamps, Roof-mounted chrome luggage rack, Outside heated rearview mirrors, Rear intermittent wiper, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Standard: 22-inch 7-spoke premium painted wheels with chrome inserts, IntelliBeam headlamps, Power sunroof
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Luxury: Front cornering lamps, Illuminated door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Premium: Unique grille design, 22-inch 9-spoke ultra-bright Silver metallic wheels with chrome inserts, Platinum sill plates
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Performance
Power is an essential part of the package. The 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV features a 6.2-liter V8, good for 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. The Escalade can tow up to 8,000 pounds and heavy-duty trailering equipment comes standard. For its size, the Escalade ESV delivers exceptional handling and control. A heavy-duty locking rear differential certainly helps as does the groundbreaking Magnetic Ride Control.
2016 Cadillac ESV Efficiency
For the front-wheel drive version, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV delivers 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway, superb for its size and power. Efficiency is enhanced by the standard eight-speed automatic transmission with driver shift control manual mode. The V8 on the Escalade also features active fuel management. When power needs are low, the SUV operates as a four-cylinder to save fuel.
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Interior
Inside the cabin, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV proves to be nothing but smart and luxurious. The driver can easily get pertinent vehicle information from the 12-inch reconfigurable high-resolution Normal Black instrument cluster. It always stays nice and quiet inside the SUV thanks to the Bose active noise cancellation making it all the better when listening to your favorite tunes through the Bose centerpoint surround sound 16-speaker audio system. The fast and reliable Cadillac CUE with embedded navigation comes standard.
2016 Cadillac ESV Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Standard
- 110-volt power outlet, 12-inch reconfigurable high-resolution Normal Black instrument cluster, Piano black interior accents with chrome finish, Adaptive Remote Start, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Overhead console, Electronic cruise control, Electric rear-window defogger, Power programmable door locks, Driver Information Center, Electrical theft-deterrent system, Floor console, Color-keyed carpeted first and second row floor mats, Front and Rear Park Assist, Leather front passenger seats, Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats, Heated second row seats, Heated steering wheel, Keyless push-button start, Rear cargo net, Bluetooth, Bose Active Noise Cancellation, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound 16-speaker audio system, Cadillac CUE with Embedded Navigation, NavTraffic system, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in WiFi hotspot, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Surround Vision video system, Universal Home Remote, Wireless charging for mobile devices
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Standard: 4-color Reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Content theft-deterrent system, Second row power bucket seats, Driver Awareness Package, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Safety Alert Seat, Side Blind Zone Alert, Theft-Deterrent Package, Vehicle inclination sensor, Vehicle interior movement sensor
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Luxury: Full-speed range Adaptive Cruise Control, Rear seat entertainment system with in-dash DVD player, Driver Assist Package, Automatic Safety Belt Tightening
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features found on ESV Premium: Nappa leather Semi-Aniline first and second row seats, Full Mulan leather third-row seating, Leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors, 18-way driver and front-passenger seats with 3-mode driver massage, Front console with insulated cooler, Sueded microfiber headliner, Premium floor mats, Dual DVD screen located on the backside of front-row head restraints
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Safety
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV is big and powerful and more than anything, this SUV is safe. An advanced airbag system, including head curtain side impact air bags, keeps you well protected as does the standard surround vision. A number of OnStar services, such as automatic crash response and roadside assistance gives the Escalade ESV that distinct Cadillac touch.
Standard Safety Features
- Air bag system
- Driver inboard seat-mounted air bag for far side passenger protection
- Dual-stage frontal, driver, and right-front passenger with Passenger Sensing System
- Head curtain side-impact air bags
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- Passenger Sensing System, sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector
- Safety belts
- Seat-mounted side-impact driver and front passenger air bags
- StabiliTrak vehicle stability enhancement system
- Surround Vision
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Hot Technology: Take a look at Cadillac’s award-winning rear camera mirror