2016 Cadillac Escalade Overview
Few SUVs have withstood the test of time like the Cadillac Escalade, which was introduced in 1999. Offering a 420 hp engine, a stunning exterior, and a trailering rating of up to 8,300 pounds, the 2016 Escalade is almost guaranteed to remain one of Cadillac’s best-selling vehicles. The starting MSRP of the 2016 Cadillac Escalade is $72,970.
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade is available in four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Premium, and Platinum.
What’s new for the 2016 Cadillac Escalade?
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade comes with an upgraded CUE infotainment system, which is now compatible with Apple CarPlay. The 2016 Escalade is also available with lane keep assist for the first time.
2016 Cadillac Escalade Photos:
2016 Cadillac Escalade Exterior
Coming of its major redesign for the 2015 model year, the exterior of 2016 Cadillac Escalade is largely unchanged. The 2016 Escalade is highlighted by a Galvano chrome grille and standard 20-inch aluminum wheels. Exterior color options for the 2016 Cadillac Escalade include Radiant Silver Metallic, Crystal White Tricoat, Silver Coast Metallic, Gray Silk Metallic, Dark Granite Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic, Red Passion Tintcoat, Terra Mocha Metallic, and Black Raven.
2016 Cadillac Escalade Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Standard
- 17-inch full-size steel spare wheel, 20-inch 7-spokechrome plated wheels, Black assist steps, Front active aero shutters, Full LED taillamps, Deep-tinted glass, Hands-free power liftgate, Acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass, Automatic on/off headlamps, LED high-beam/low-beam headlamps, Roof-mounted chrome luggage rack, Outside heated rearview mirrors, Rear intermittent wiper, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
- 22-inch 7-spoke premium painted wheels with chrome inserts, IntelliBeam headlamps, Power sunroof
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Premium
- Front cornering lamps, Illuminated door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
- Unique grille design, 22-inch 9-spoke ultra-bright Silver metallic wheels with chrome inserts, Platinum sill plates
2016 Cadillac Escalade Performance
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade comes with a 6.2-liter V8 engine matched with an eight-speed automatic transmission, which combine to create 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. All 2016 Cadillac Escalade models are available in either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. The 4WD 2016 Escalade is capable of accelerating from 0-to-60 mph in only 5.96 seconds, according to Cadillac’s official web site. When properly equipped, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade has a trailering rating of 8,300 pounds.
2016 Cadillac Escalade Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Cadillac Escalade depends on the consumer’s choice between the standard rear-wheel drive and the available all-wheel drive option:
- The RWD 2016 Escalade yields 15/22 mpg city/highway.
- The AWD 2016 Escalade yields 15/21 mpg city/highway.
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade comes standard with a 26 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Cadillac Escalade Interior
In order to create one of the quietest rides available in the automotive industry, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade was built with triple door seals, acoustic-laminate glass, and Bose® Active Noise Cancellation technology. With three rows of seating and 15.2 cubic feet of storage space behind the third row, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade offers room to stretch out and haul cargo. In addition, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade comes standard with leather upholstery and its CUE infotainment system is now compatible with Apple CarPlay.
2016 Cadillac Escalade Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Standard
- 110-volt power outlet, 12-inch reconfigurable high-resolution Normal Black instrument cluster, Piano black interior accents with chrome finish, Adaptive Remote Start, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Overhead console, Electronic cruise control, Electric rear-window defogger, Power programmable door locks, Driver Information Center, Electrical theft-deterrent system, Floor console, Color-keyed carpeted first and second row floor mats, Front and Rear Park Assist, Leather front passenger seats, Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats, Heated second row seats, Heated steering wheel, Keyless push-button start, Rear cargo net
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
- 4-color Reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Content theft-deterrent system, Second row power bucket seats
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Premium
- Full-speed range Adaptive Cruise Control
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
- Nappa leather Semi-Aniline first and second row seats, Full Mulan leather third-row seating, Leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors, 18-way driver and front-passenger seats with 3-mode driver massage, Front console with insulated cooler, Sueded microfiber headliner, Premium floor mats
2016 Cadillac Escalade Safety
In safety tests performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade earned five stars for side-impact protection, but only received three stars for its rollover rating. The new Escalade has yet to undergo safety testing for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2016 Escalade is also available with advanced safety features such as lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision alert, and safety alert seat, as well as forward and reverse collision mitigation with automatic braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Air bag system
- Dual-stage frontal, driver, and right-front passenger with Passenger Sensing System
- Head curtain side-impact air bags
- Surround Vision
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- Passenger Sensing System, sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector
- Safety belts
- Driver inboard seat-mounted air bag for far side passenger protection
- Seat-mounted side-impact driver and front passenger air bags
- StabiliTrak vehicle stability enhancement system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System