2016 Cadillac XTS Overview
The 2016 Cadillac XTS sedan earned a five-star safety rating from the federal government and it’s also the only luxury sedan with standard Magnetic Ride Control, which is the world’s fastest-reacting suspension. Coming available with a 410 horsepower twin turbo V6 engine and all-wheel drive, the 2016 XTS is as fast as it is luxurious. The new XTS features a starting MSRP of $45,295.
The 2016 Cadillac XTS is available in six trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Premium, Vsport Premium, Platinum, and Vsport Platinum.
What’s New for the 2016 Cadillac XTS?
New for the 2016 model year, the 2016 Cadillac XTS offers Apple CarPlay compatibility and wireless charging. The 2016 XTS also comes with a revised grille design and a new Surround View camera system. There are also three new color options for the 2016 Cadillac XTS: Crystal White Tricoat, Stellar Black Metallic, and Red Passion Tintcoat.
2016 Cadillac XTS Photos:
2016 Cadillac XTS Exterior
The 2016 Cadillac XTS features a polished and smooth appearance. The new XTS comes standard with 19-inch wheels, but it’s also available with 20-inch wheels. Exterior color options for the 2016 Cadillac XTS include Radiant Silver Metallic, Crystal White Tricoat, Silver Coast Metallic, Graphite Metallic, Dark Adriatic Blue, Red Passion Tincoat, Stellar Black Metallic, and Black Raven.
2016 Cadillac XTS Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Standard
- 19-inch aluminum wheels with premium paint and chrome inserts; maintenance free battery with rundown protection; Front-wheel drive; Electronic parking brake; HiPer Strut front suspension; Power electric steering; Daytime running lamps; Capless fueling system; Solar-Ray glass; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps; Power-adjustable, heated outside mirrors; Sport grille; Tire inflation kit
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard trim: Available all-wheel drive, 19-inch aluminum wheels with premium paint; Available All-wheel drive; Automatic parking assist; Illuminating door handles; Power folding, auto-dimming, and heated outside mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury trim: 19-inch polished aluminum wheels, Variable Assist Power Electric Steering delete, Adaptive forward lighting
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Vsport Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium trim: 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with chrome inserts, Standard all-wheel drive, Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), Variable Assist Power Electric Steering
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Vsport Premium trim: 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with chrome inserts, standard front-wheel drive, available all-wheel drive, Premium finish brake calipers, Platinum grille
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Vsport Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Platinum trim: 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with chrome inserts, standard all-wheel drive
2016 Cadillac XTS Performance
The 2016 Cadillac XTS sedan comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine capable of 305 horsepower and 264 lb-ft of torque. The Vsport models feature a twin turbo 3.6-liter V6 engine good for 410 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are matched with a six-speed automatic transmission with tap-shift control.
2016 Cadillac XTS Efficiency
Fuel Economy for the 2016 Cadillac XTS depends on which engine is equipped inside the vehicle. The choice between standard front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive also affects efficiency:
- Equipped with the standard V6 engine, the FWD 2016 Cadillac XTS yields 18/28 mpg city/highway.
- Equipped with the standard V6 engine, the AWD 2016 Cadillac XTS yields 17/26 mpg city/highway.
- Equipped with the twin turbo V6 engine, the AWD 2016 Cadillac XTS yields 16/23 mpg city/highway.
The 2016 Cadillac XTS sedan comes standard with a 19 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Cadillac XTS Interior
The 2016 XTS is the most spacious sedan available from Cadillac, as it offers approximately 40 inches of leg room for rear passengers. In addition, the 2016 Cadillac XTS comes with 18 cubic feet of trunk space. The 2016 Cadillac XTS comes standard with a Bose® premium eight-speaker sound system, HD radio, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio with a free trial period. Furthermore, the new XTS also offers Apple CarPlay compatibility and wireless charging.
2016 Cadillac XTS Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Standard
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column, Push button start, Rear park assist, Front bucket seats, Active Noise Cancellation, Air filtration system, Dual-zone climate control, Cruise control, Defogger, Door locks with lockout protection, Child locks, Carpeted floor mats, Lockable glove box, Head restraints, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Illuminated entry and courtesy lighting, Map pockets, Four-way power lumbar seats (driver and front passenger), mini-perforated leather seating inserts, 60/40 split-folding rear seats, Leather-wrapped shift lever, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Driver and front passenger illuminated visors with vanity mirrors, Power windows, Wood trim, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System, Bose® premium 8-speaker system, Adaptive remote start, Keyless access, Universal home remote, OnStar® with 4G LTE, Premium Care Maintenance, Wireless charging, Bluetooth® for phone interface, Driver Information Center, Electrical theft-deterrent system, Gauge cluster with 5.7″ Driver Information Center, NavTraffic, OnStar Basic plan for 5 years, OnStar Guidance plan for one year, Remote panic alarm, Retained accessory power, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Theft-deterrent system
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard trim: Ambient interior LED spotlights, Rear vision camera, Heated seats, Heated steering wheel, Ventilated front seats, Memory package, Convenience net, Leather-wrapped shift lever with wood, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with heat and wood, Variable Assist Power Electric Steering, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System with embedded navigation
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury trim: Tri-zone climate control, IntelliBeam Headlamps, 110-volt power outlet, Bose® Studio Surround® 14-speaker sound system, Reconfigurable 12.3-inch color display gauge cluster, Full-Color Reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Driver Awareness Package, Driver Awareness Package, Surround Vision
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Vsport Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium trim: Rear-window power sun shade, Front bucket seats with 22-way adjustability and massage feature, Front and Rear park Assist
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Vsport Premium trim: UltraView® power sunroof, Leather-wrapped console, Leather-wrapped door trim, Premium carpeted floor mats, Sueded microfiber headliner, Leather-wrapped instrument panel top pad, Rear side-door manual sunshades, Semi-Aniline mini-perforated seat trim inserts, Illuminated “Platinum” front sill plates, Driver Assist Package, optional Front and Rear park Assist, Adaptive cruise control
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac XTS Vsport Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on Platinum trim: Front and Rear park Assist
2016 Cadillac XTS Safety
The 2016 Cadillac XTS earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2016 XTS also offers advanced safety features such as lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot warning, safety alert seat, rear cross-traffic alert, and forward collision warning, as well as front-and-rear automatic braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Magnetic Ride Control
- Brembo® front anti-lock disc brakes
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
- All-speed traction control
- Air bag with Passenger Sensing System
- Three-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System