2016 Chevrolet Sonic Overview
The Chevrolet Sonic is an affordable city driver, and is available as both a sedan and a hatchback. It’s a fun car to drive, available in vibrant colors and plenty of infotainment options. The versatile interior means this compact car is flexible enough to keep up with you and your busy life.
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Sonic?
For 2016, the Chevy Sonic has been given three new colors: Nightfall Gray Metallic, Mosaic Blue Metallic, and Kinetic Blue Metallic. The 2016 model will no longer be available with a CD player. Other changes include adjustments to optional packages.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Exterior
The Chevrolet Sonic is sold as both a hatchback and sedan. Big windows insure that there are minimal blind spots, and available painted aluminum wheels really finish off the look. Its small size makes it easy to maneuver wherever you go.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Sonic LS:
- Solar-absorbing glass, 15-inch steel, wheels, Manual body-color side mirrors, Headlamp control with auto on/off
Additional exterior available on Sonic LT:
- Heated body-colored side mirrors, Chrome belt-line trim, 15-inch painted aluminum wheels
Additional exterior available on Sonic LTZ:
- Body-colored door handles with chrome trim, 17-inch painted aluminum wheels, Front fog lamps, Chrome rear lift handle
Additional exterior available on Sonic RS:
- 17-inch Midnight Silver aluminum wheels, Rear integrated decklid spoiler
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Performance
The Chevrolet Sonic is available with two engine options. The first is an EcoTec 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine that has 138 horsepower and 125 lb-ft of torque. The other option is an EcoTec turbocharged 1.4-liter engine that performs at 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. All trims of the Chevrolet Sonic are available with a manual or automatic transmission, except the Chevrolet Sonic LTZ that is only available with an automatic.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Efficiency
The Chevrolet Sonic’s EcoTec 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine achieves 26 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway, for an average mpg of 30. The EcoTec turbocharged 1.4-liter engine does better in the city, with 27 mpg, and not as well on the highway at 34 mpg for a combined MPG of 30. All mpg numbers are estimates and are dependent on the driving style.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic Interior
The Chevrolet Sonic’s exterior is very misleading, as this small package holds a surprisingly comfortable interior. With options like leather seating, remote start, and Chevy MyLink, it’s easy to make the Spark your own with features that fit your sensibilities.
2016 Chevrolet Spark Interior Photos:
Interior available on Sonic LS:
- Front bucket seats, Steering wheel controls, Compass, AM/FM, OnStar with 4G LTE Wi-Fi
Additional interior available on Sonic LT:
- Express-Up and Down windows, Deluxe cloth seating, Chevy MyLink, Cruise control, SiriusXM
Additional interior available on Sonic LTZ:
- Perforated leatherette seating, Heated front seats, Remote vehicle starter, Rear Vision Camera
Additional interior available on Sonic RS:
- Three-spoke leather wrapped steering, Four-wheel Disc Brakes, Sport brushed-aluminum pedals
2016 Chevrolet Spark Safety
The NHTSA has awarded the Chevrolet Sonic the top five-star overall safety rating. Historically, the Spark has always been one of the few compact cars to earn that distinction. This tiny marvel is also loaded with many standard safety features to protect you if the worst should happen.
Standard Safety Features:
- 10 air bags
- Brake Assist
- Daytime Running Lights
- Traction control
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- OnStar safety suite