2016 Chevrolet SS Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet SS is a performance sedan with a starting MSRP of $46,575. The Chevy SS features Magnetic Ride Suspension, Brembo brakes, and a 415-horsepower V8 engine. Chevy says the vehicle can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 4.7 seconds.
Japanese, German or American: Check out this list of the best-selling automobile manufacturers around the world
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet SS?
The 2016 version of the SS sedan comes with a new dual-mode exhaust system, as well as new hood vents, among other exterior updates.
2016 Chevrolet SS Photos:
2016 Chevrolet SS Exterior
The exterior of the SS sedan has been updated for the 2016 model year, adding new hood vents, LED lighting, and 19-inch aluminum wheels. Vertical ducts have also been added to the front fascia, which steer airflow over the front wheel openings in an effort to better the car’s aerodynamics. Exterior color options include Regal Peacock, Some Like It Hot Red Metallic, Jungle Green Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Red Hot 2, Phantom Black Metallic, Heron White, Slipstream Blue Metallic, and Mystic Green Metallic.
2016 Chevrolet SS Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet SS
- Dual-mode exhaust, Daytime Running Lamps, 19-inch aluminum wheels, Rear spoiler, Front intermittent Rainsense wipers, Power sunroof, Hood blanket
2016 Chevrolet SS Performance
The 2016 Chevrolet SS comes equipped with a 6.2-liter V8 engine rated at 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. Chevy says the SS sedan can accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 4.7 seconds. Furthermore, consumers have the choice between the standard six-speed automatic transmission and the optional six-speed manual.
2016 Chevrolet SS Efficiency
When equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission, the 2016 Chevrolet SS yields an EPA-estimated 14 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway. Fuel efficiency improves to 22 mpg on the highway with the available manual transmission. The SS sedan features an 18.8 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Chevrolet SS Interior
Despite having a powerful V8 engine, the cabin of the 2016 Chevy SS is quiet thanks to acoustic wheelwell liners and 5mm-thick side glass that limits noise and vibration. The new SS sedan also comes with 10-way power seats that are both heated and ventilated. Furthermore, the SS provides 39.7 inches of leg room for rear passengers. Additionally, the sedan features a nine-speaker Bose premium audio system, head-up display, 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection, and the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system.
2016 Chevrolet SS Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Chevrolet SS
- Radio AM/FM, Navigation, 8-inch Color Touch (STD), Front sport bucket seats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Head-Up Display with color digital readouts, Dual-zone climate control, Leather-wrapped shift lever, Keyless start, Bose premium 9-speaker system, USB port, Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth, Rear Vision Camera, Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi from OnStar
2016 Chevrolet SS Safety
The 2016 Chevrolet SS features OnStar RemoteLink technology, which can activate your vehicle’s horn and lights remotely. The SS sedan also comes with a reinforced safety cage, high-performance Brembo brakes, eight standard air bags, and OnStar with automatic crash response for six months.
Standard Safety Features
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Automatic Parking Assist
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- OnStar Roadside Assistance
- OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- OnStar Remote Horn and Lights
- OnStar Remote Door Unlock
- OnStar Low Mileage Discount
- OnStar Hands Free Calling
- OnStar Emergency Services
- 8 air bags
- OnStar Crisis Assist
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
Can’t Decide Which Brand To Go With? Then take a look at this list of popular automotive brands