2016 Chevrolet Traverse Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is a mid-size SUV that has been perfected over the model years. It has been forecasted that this will be the last model year before a major refresh, so buy this Traverse while you can before it changes.
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse?
The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse has received minor changes for 2016, including two new colors, slight package changes, and OnStar 4G LTE.
2016 Chevrolet Traverse:
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Exterior
The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse has the perfect mid-size exterior that is larger than a crossover, but still more sleek and stylish than its SUV counterparts. It comes in nine colors, and is available with heated mirrors to make sure you can see the road around you clearly.
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on LS:
- 17-inch all-season tires, Power-adjustable black mirrors, Blackwall tires
Exterior available on 1LT:
- Heated power-adjustable mirrors with turn signal indicators, 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, Optional Style and Technology Package, Optional Dual SkyScape® sunroof
Exterior available on 2LT:
- Power rear liftgate, Optional heated power-folding and auto-dimming mirrors with side indicators
Exterior available on LTZ:
- Dual exhaust, Body-color bodyside with chrome accent, heated power-folding and auto-dimming mirrors with side indicators, 20-inch blackwall tires
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Performance
All four trims of the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse use a 3.6-liter V6 engine that generates 281 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque. The engine is also accompanied by the six-speed automatic transmission for easy driving.
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Efficiency
The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse’s engine achieves an estimated 17 city and 24 highway mpg according to the EPA.
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Interior
With optional seating for up to seven passengers, the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is ready to take on your family and its busy schedule. Ample cargo room also means you’re never worried about whether or not that next big purchase will fit. Unused seats can also fold down for additional cargo room for those big moves or road trips. With optional leather interior, a ride in the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is sure to be a comfortable one!
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Interior Photos:
Interior available on LS:
- Single-zone manual air conditioning, Power windows with Express-Down, 4-way manual driver’s seat, 8-passenger seating, Urethane steering wheel
Interior available on 1LT:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, Optional 7-passenger seating, Remote Vehicle Start, Optional 120-volt household style power outlet, Optional heated front seats
Interior available on 2LT:
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, 7-passenger seating, Rear seat audio controls with headphone jacks, Automatic tri-zone climate control, Heated front seats
Interior available on LTX:
- 8-way adjustable driver’s seat with memory, Driver power windows with Express-Up/Express-Down, Heated and cooled front seats, Heated steering wheel
2016 Chevrolet Traverse Safety
Chevrolet is committed to safety, which is evident with the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse. With several airbags, antilock brakes, traction control, backup camera, and stability control, this vehicle is fully equipped to handle the road ahead if it gets rough.
Standard Safety Features:
- Frontal driver and passenger air bags
- Side body air bags
- Antilock brakes
- Child safety rear door locks
- Daytime running lights
- Traction control
- Tire pressure monitor
- Back-up camera
- Stability control