2016 Chevy Camaro Accessories and Performance Parts Revealed
General Motors has just announced accessories and performance parts for the new sixth-generation Camaro, including air intake and exhaust systems, lowering kits, ground-effects packages, spoilers and Brembo brake systems.
“These accessories and parts were designed, engineered, and tested by our Camaro team, assuring proper fit and integration—and they are backed by Chevrolet,” said Jim Campbell, GM’s US VP of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “There’s almost no limit to the performance and personalization possibilities with the 2016 Camaro.”
Today GM announced that performance parts for the 2016 Chevy Camaro would include:
- Performance exhaust – Kits will be available late this year for Camaro SS with the LT1 V-8 and Camaro LT with the 3.6-liter V6. These axle-back systems enhance the performance sound of the Camaro and offer a premium appearance. Each is a direct replacement for the factory system and maintains the vehicle’s factory warranty. The kits are not compatible with the available dual-mode exhaust system.
- Suspension lowering kits – Incorporating higher-rate front and rear coil springs, along with specifically tuned struts and shocks, theses kits are designed to provide an integrated package that provides an aggressive stance by lowering the vehicle up to 0.8-inch (20mm), while optimizing ride quality and vehicle performance. They also deliver a lower center of gravity that enhances the feeling of responsiveness. Four kits are tailored for LT and SS coupe and convertible models. The SS kits are not compatible with vehicles equipped with the available Magnetic Ride Control. They will be available in early 2016.
- Brembo® performance front brake package (four-piston calipers) – Developed as an upgrade for Camaro LT models with the 2.0-liter Turbo and 3.6-liter V6 engines, this kit features Brembo® four-piston aluminum calipers in red with performance brake pads and 13.6-inch x 1.2-inch (345mm x 30mm) vented and slotted Duralife™ rotors–the same size as the Camaro SS. The kit is a direct replacement for the original front brakes and includes low-expansion front brake hoses and all necessary hardware.
- Brembo® performance front brake package (six-piston calipers) – Developed for the enthusiast looking for ultimate braking performance while maintaining street drivability. This Brembo® front brake system features six-piston monoblock aluminum calipers in red with performance brake pads and two-piece, 14.6-inch x 1.3-inch (370mm x 34mm) vented and slotted Duralife™ rotors (cast-iron braking rings with aluminum hats). This kit is available for all Gen Six Camaro models and includes low-expansion front brake hoses and all necessary hardware.
- Performance air intake – This kit, available in early 2016, helps reduce air restriction and includes a reusable open-element air filter, a sealed compartment with all the necessary installation hardware for the Camaro SS with the LT1 V8.
- Engine covers – These stylish, easily installed covers give the Camaro engine a show-quality appearance. They will be available by the end of the year in red, blue or black for the V8 and V6 engines and a cover for the 2.0-liter Turbo engine is planned as well.
In addition to the new performance parts, Chevy is also touting the Camaro’s new accessories, which include:
- Three aluminum wheel designs, in multiple finishes
- Grille kits with six body-color inserts for LT and SS models; inserts are also available in chrome-appearance or primed versions for custom painting
- A blade-style rear spoiler and ground effects kit, each offered in 10 colors
- Four exterior graphics packages, offered in multiple colors, including,” rally stripe,” front-fender “hash mark,” racing stripe designs and a body-side “spear” graphic
- Interior trim kits, offered in multiple colors.
Alternate-finish versions of other features such as smoked tail-lamp lenses and blacked-out of LED-lit bowtie emblems will also be available to customers, who can mix and match many of the accessories using the online Camaro Visualizer.
Now it’s only a matter of time until we get to watch Dale Earnhardt Jr. marvel at the newest Camaro accessories on the market.