2016 Chrysler 200 Overview
The 2016 Chrysler 200 is a mid-size sedan with a starting MSRP of $21,995. Offering the choice between two capable engines and a host of advanced safety features, this stylish sedan is sure to turn heads whether it is cruising down the highway or simply resting in an office parking lot.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 is available in four trims: Chrysler 200 LX, Chrysler 200 Limited, Chrysler 200S, and Chrysler 200C. The Chrysler 200 is available in either FWD or AWD configurations.
What’s New for the 2016 Chrysler 200?
The Limited trim now comes standard with a rearview camera and it’s also available with the V6 engine. In addition, a 90th anniversary package is available, which offers unique floor mats, a sunroof, the Uconnect 8.4-inch touch screen package, and all the premium features included in Comfort Group package.
2016 Chrysler 200 Photos:
2016 Chrysler 200 Exterior
Fresh of its restyling in 2015, the exterior of the 2016 Chrysler 200 is mostly unchanged, offering a stylish design, smooth lines, and a sophisticated front fascia that’s sure to draw attention. LED tail lamps, 17-inch steel wheels, and automatic headlights come standard with the new Chrysler 200. Exterior Color options for the 2016 Chrysler 200 include Redline Tri-Coat Pearl, Vivid Blue Pearl Coat, Black Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, Velvet Red Pearl Coat, Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat, and Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl.
2016 Chrysler 200 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200 LX
- 17-inch x 7-inch steel wheel with cover, 215/55R17 BSW all season Nexen tires, Tire service kit, Automatic bi-function halogen projector headlamps with turn-off time delay, LED tail lamps, Active grille shutters, Body-color door handles, Body-color power mirrors, Chrome upper grille and headlamp bezels, Lower body side cladding, Lower grille mold-in-color accents and surround, Lower horizontal grille, Rear window defroster, Solar control glass, Tinted windshield glass, Underbody aerodynamic treatment
Exterior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited
- Adds to or replaces features on 200 LX :17-inch x 7.5-inch Tech Silver Aluminum wheels, 215/55R17 BSW All Season tires, Compact spare tire, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps with light pipe, Lower grille chrome surround, Rear fascia chrome appliques
Exterior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200S
- Adds to or replaces features on 200 Limited: 18-inch x 8-inch Satin Carbon Aluminum wheels, Fog lamps, Dual integrated exhaust tips, Gloss black upper grille and headlamp bezel, Power heated exterior mirrors with manual fold-away, Lower grille gloss black surround, Lower grille satin black accents, Rear fascia gloss black appliques, Tinted acoustic windshield glass, Optional exterior body kit by Mopar®
Exterior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200C
- Adds to or replaces features on 200S: 17-inch x 7.5-inch Satin Silver Aluminum wheels, 215/55R17 BSW All Season tires, Door handles with chrome accents, Exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, Lower grille chrome surround, Rear fascia chrome appliques, Chrome upper grille and headlamp bezels
2016 Chrysler 200 Performance
The 2016 Chrysler 200 comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and nine-speed automatic transmission, which combine to produce 184 horsepower and 173 lb-ft of torque. A 3.6-liter V6 engine, good for 295 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque, comes optional for the Limited, S, and C trims. While front-wheel drive is standard, all-wheel drive becomes an option if you select the V6 engine. Edmunds tested an AWD 2016 Chrysler 200S with the V6, and found that it could accelerate from 0-to-60 mph in 6.2 seconds. It should be noted that a sport-tuned suspension is featured on the S trim.
2016 Chrysler 200 Efficiency
The 2016 Chrysler 200’s fuel economy depends on whether it is equipped with the four or six-cylinder engine, as well as the choice of either FWD or AWD that comes with the V6.
- The standard four-cylinder engine yields 23/36 mpg city/highway
- The optional V6 engine with FWD yields 19/32 mpg city/highway
- The optional V6 engine with AWD yields 18/29 mpg city/highway
The 2016 Chrysler 200 comes standard with 15.8 gallons of fuel tank capacity.
2016 Chrysler 200 Interior
The interior of the 2016 Chrysler 200 is both elegant and classy. Coming standard with a four-speaker sound system, complete with an auxiliary jack and USB interface, as well as other standard features like premium cloth bucket seats and ambient LED interior lighting; the 2016 Chrysler 200 is the definition of luxury. A Comfort Group package is optional for the Limited and S trims, which comes with heated front seats, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and heated steering wheel (just for the S trim). Additionally, the C trim comes with a 7-inch Driver Information Display, which includes advanced features such as a digital speedometer, engine performance and fuel economy information, compass, navigation, tire pressure monitor, and maintenance notifications.
2016 Chrysler 200 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200 LX
- 2-way reactive front seat headrests, 6-way manual passenger seat adjust, 60/40 rear seat with trunk pass-thru, Cloth seat cushion, Passenger seat height adjuster, Premium cloth bucket seats, Rear adjustable headrests, Three rear seat head restraints, 4 cargo tie down loops, Air conditioning, Base door trim panel, Coat hooks, ECO Driving feedback display, Front center sliding armrest, Front seatback map pockets, Full-length floor console with storage, Instrument cluster with tachometer, Lit and locking glove box, Molded-in driver’s heel pad, Outside temperature gauge, Overhead console with sunglasses holder, Passenger assist handles, Passive entry driver door and trunk, Power accessory delay, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature, Rear seat armrest with storage cup holder, Rearview day/night mirror, Satin Chrome interior door handles, Sun visors with vanity mirrors, Tilt/telescoping steering column, Trunk lamp, Ambient LED interior lighting, Front overhead incandescent map lamps, 4 speakers
- 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in console, 12-volt outlet on passenger side lower console, Audio jack input for mobile devices, Integrated window antenna, Radio 3.0, Remote USB port
Interior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited
- Adds to or replaces features on 200 LX: Accessory switch bank, Compass gauge, Power front windows with 1-touch up and down feature, Rearview mirror with microphone, 6 speakers
- 5-inch touchscreen display, Integrated voice command with Bluetooth®, Uconnect 5.0, ParkView™ Rear Back-Up
Interior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200S
- Adds to or replaces features on 200 Limited: Cloth with leather- trimmed sport seats, Power 4-way driver lumbar adjust, Power 8-way driver seat, Black chrome interior accents, Deluxe door trim panel, Laminated acoustic front door glass, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front door map pocket LED lamps
- Steering wheel-mounted shift control, Sport suspension, SiriusXM® sat radio with 1-year SiriusXM Radio service, Optional 9 Alpine® speakers with subwoofer, Optional Alpine® 506-watt amp, Optional HD® Radio
Interior available on the 2016 Chrysler 200C
- Adds to or replaces features on 200S: 6-way power passenger seat, Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, A/C auto temperature control with dual zone control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, Front and rear climate control outlets, GPS antenna input, Heated steering wheel, Highline door trim panel, Humidity sensor, Premium 7-inch driver information display cluster, Rear air conditioning and heat ducts, Universal garage door opener, Footwell courtesy lamp, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Ride and Handling suspension, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Uconnect 8.4, 6-month trial Uconnect® Access, Navigation capabilities, Remote start system
2016 Chrysler 200 Safety
The FWD 2016 Chrysler 200 earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In addition, the new Chrysler 200 was also named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Edmunds tested the AWD 2016 Chrysler 200 and established that is was capable of stopping from 60 mph in only 119 feet. The 2016 Chrysler 200 also offers advanced safety features like a rearview camera, lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, and a blind-spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert, as well as forward collision warning and forward collision mitigation.
Standard Safety Features
- Anti-lock 4-wheel disc brakes
- Electric park brake
- Engine immobilizer
- Security alarm
- Tire pressure monitoring display
- Speed control
- Front passenger seat belt alert
- Inside emergency trunk lid release
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go™
- Keyless entry with panic alarm
- LATCH child seat anchor system
- ParkView™ Rear Back-Up (Limited and above)
- Passenger inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- Driver inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- Electronic stability control
- Speed sensitive power locks
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain front and rear airbags
- Traction control