2016 Dodge Dart Overview
With a sporty exterior and the performance to match, the 2016 Dodge Dart is the perfect everyday car for those consumers that love to drive. Though its segment has a lot of competition, including the Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus, the 2016 Dart easily stands its ground. Its aggressive styling, driver-focused interior, and long list of standard features make this Dodge one-of-a-kind in the automotive industry.
What’s New for the 2016 Dodge Dart?
New features for the 2016 Dodge Dart include two new colors—ToRed and Go Mango. The Dart GT model also now comes standard with 18-inch Hyper Black wheels. For the GT and SXT models, the Rallye and Blacktop Packages are also available.
The 2016 Dodge Dart is available in five trim levels: SE, SXT, AERO, GT, and LIMITED.
2016 Dodge Dart Photos:
2016 Dodge Dart Exterior
The 2016 Dodge Dart has the soul of an athlete, and its exterior styling reflects that perfectly. Sculpted body lines, Dodge’s signature grille, and a low roofline add a touch of aggressiveness to the Dart’s silhouette, while its integrated spoiler enhances its sporty vibe. There’s no denying the Dart has a certain “wow” factor to it that, with the help of nine outlandish exterior colors, will help you turn turn heads when you’re out on the road.
2016 Dodge Dart Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on SE:
- 16-inch wheel covers, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, Black day light opening moldings, Center high-mount stop light, Chrome headlamp bezels, Daytime running lamps, LED stop/turn/tail lamps, Rear window defroster, Remote trunk lid release, Removable short mast antenna, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Body-color crosshairs with body-color surround
Exterior available on SXT:
- 16-inch Tech Silver aluminum wheels, Automatic headlamps, LED “Racetrack” tail lamps, Black headlamp bezels, Body-color door handles, Body-color power mirrors, Black crosshair with body-color surround
Exterior available on AERO:
- Bright crosshairs with body-color surround
Exterior available on GT:
- 18-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels, Fog lamps, Body-color power heated mirrors, Dual rear exhaust with bright tips, Exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps and turn signals, Hyper black crosshairs with black surround
Exterior available on LIMITED:
- 17-inch Satin Silver aluminum wheels, Bright door handles, Power express open/close sunroof, Bright crosshairs with body-color surround
2016 Dodge Dart Performance
The 2016 Dart is available with three engine options. The first is the standard 2.0-liter Tigershark four-cylinder, which generates 160 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. For a bit more kick, consumers can also choose the 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine, which also delivers 160 hp, but ups the torque to 184 lb-ft. Finally, the standard engine on the SXT, Limited, and GT is the 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir 2 four-cylinder, which delivers an outstanding 184 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque.
All three engines come standard with a six-speed manual or an available six-speed automatic transmission.
2016 Dodge Dart Efficiency
The 2.0-liter Tigershark engine has an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating of 25 mpg city and 36 mpg highway. For the 1.4-liter MultiAir engine, ratings come in around 28 mpg city and 41 mpg highway, while the more powerful 2.4-liter engine has slightly lower numbers with 23 mpg city and 35 mpg highway.
2016 Dodge Dart Interior
Though the 2016 Dodge Dart is part of the compact car segment, its spacious interior will make you think otherwise. Comfortable front and rear seats make driving easy, while the flowing dashboard design hints at the Dart’s sporty character. The Dart has a low sticker price, but its interior is warm, inviting, and top-notch compared to similarly priced competition. It even has an available 8.4-inch display for navigation, climate, and audio controls, adding a touch of sophisticated tech to its cabin.
2016 Dodge Dart Interior Photos:
Interior available on SE:
- 6-way manual passenger seat adjust, Driver seat height adjuster, Rear folding seat, Sport cloth seats, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in instrument panel, Chrome interior door handles, Electric power steering, Floor console with covered storage, Heater with instrument panel ventilation, Instrument cluster with tachometer, Manual 6-way driver’s seat, Manual door locks, Outside temperature display in odometer, Passenger assist handles, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature, Rearview day/night mirror, Satin silver shift knob, Sun visors with vanity mirrors, Tilt/telescopic steering column
- Four speakers, Audio jack input for mobile devices, Radio 200, Single disc integrated CD player
Interior available on SXT:
- 60/40 rear seat with trunk pass-through, Premium cloth seats, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in instrument panel, Air conditioning, Driver and passenger front seatback pockets, Electronic vehicle information system, Instrument cluster with display screen, Overhead console with sunglasses holder, Rear seat armrest with storage cup holder, Rearview mirror with microphone
- Six speakers, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth
Interior available on AERO:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Premium instrument cluster with tachometer
- 8.4-inch touchscreen display, iPod® control, Radio 8.4, Remote USB port, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with one-year subscription
Interior available on GT:
- GT Nappa Leather seats with perforated seat inserts, Heated front seats, Power 4-way driver lumbar adjust, Power 6-way driver’s seat, Dual-zone automatic temperature control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power front windows with one-touch up/down feature, Soft touch instrument panel, Universal garage door opener
Interior available on Limited:
- Limited Nappa leather seats with accent stitching, Leather-wrapped shift knob
- 3.195 Final Drive Ratio, 5-year SiriusXM Traffic Service, 5-year SiriusXM Travel Link, GPS navigation, Radio 8.4 NAV
2016 Dodge Dart Safety
For the 2016 model year, the Dodge Dart has come out on top in safety. This compact car recently earned an overall 5-star safety rating from the NHTSA, making it a safe option for any driver. It also has optional safety features like the ParkSense Rear Park Assist system, ParkView Rear Back Up Camera, and Rear Cross Path Detection system.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Driver and passenger inflatable knee-bolster airbags
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Supplemental rear seat side airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain front and rear airbags
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Electronic stability control
- All-speed traction control
- Trailer swap damping
- Battery run-down protection
- Front seat reactive headrests
- Three rear-seat head restraints
- Hill start assist
- Insider emergency trunk lid release
- LATCH-ready child seat anchor system
- Sentry Key® theft deterrent system