2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Overview
The 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth is available in either hatchback or convertible configuration. The Abarth model differentiates itself from the base Fiat 500 model because of its more powerful engine and specialized suspension.
What’s New for the 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth?
The 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth will feature Chrysler’s Uconnect infotainment system with available navigation, which replaces the previous TomTom navigation system. The 2016 Abarth also features new exterior color options such as Rhino, Grigio Cenre, Giallo Moderna Perla, and Celeste Blue.
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth 500 Photos:
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Exterior
Besides offering new exterior color options for the 2016 model year, the new Fiat 500 Abarth comes with unique 16-inch wheels and an eye-catching dual exhaust system. A performance spoiler, fog lamps, and chrome door handles are several of the standard exterior features of the 2016 Abarth.
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth
- 16-inch aluminum wheels, 195 / 45R16XL tires, Exterior door matt finish, Bi-function halogen projector lamps, Fog lamps, High-beam daytime running headlamps, Body-color power heated mirrors, Exterior spotter mirrors, Rear window defroster, Rear window wiper and washer, Tinted windshield glass, Belt moldings, Body-color fascia, Chrome door handles, Dual chrome exhaust tips, Performance spoiler, Side sills ground effects
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Performance
The 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth packs a 1.4-liter turbo engine, and when matched with the standard five-speed manual transmission, it’s good for 160 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. Performance numbers change to 157 horsepower and 183 lb-ft of torque when paired with the available six-speed automatic transmission. In testing performed by Edmunds, the 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth with the manual transmission was able to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 7.1 seconds.
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Efficiency
The 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth features EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 28 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Arbarth comes standard with a 10.5 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Interior
Inside the 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth, you’ll find the Uconnect infotainment system with 5-inch touchscreen, which includes USB ports, as well as Bluetooth capability. The Abarth also includes an Alpine stereo and rear parking sensors (convertible model). A Comfort and Convenience package is also offered for the Abarth, and includes satellite radio, heated seats, and automatic climate control.
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth
- Performance cloth high-back bucket seats, Driver and passenger seat memory, Rear 50/50 split fold-down seat, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, 160-MPH primary speedometer, Air conditioning, Aluminum pedal covers, Driver and passenger front seatback pockets, Chrome interior door handles, Driver seat height adjuster, Electric power steering, Leather-wrapped instrument panel, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Luxury front floor mats, One-touch power windows, Rearview day and night mirror, Rear cargo area lamp, Rear cargo shelf panel, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Sun visors with vanity mirror, Tilt steering column, Tinted glass windows, Turbo boost gauge, Two front and rear cup holders, Premium 7-inch color cluster display, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio, FIAT premium audio system, BLUE&ME™ Handsfree Communication, USB and auxiliary ports in center console, USB port in glovebox, Bluetooth phone support and navigation
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth Safety
The 2016 Fiat 500 hatchback model only earned four of five stars in safety tests performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Abarth took 123 feet to come to complete stop from 60 mph in tests performed by Edmunds. The 2016 Fiat 500 comes standard with seven airbags and fog lamps.
Standard Safety Features
- Traction control
- Four-wheel ABS
- Front and rear head airbags
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Child seat anchors
- Stability control
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Post-collision safety system
- Rear Park Assist
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Emergency braking assist
- Ventilated front disc brakes
- Daytime running lights
- Front fog/driving lights