2016 Fiat 500X Overview
The 2016 Fiat 500X is a crossover with a lot of European flair. Considered the Italian carmaker’s first true “American” car, the 500x offers typical Fiat styling with plenty of space to spare. Add the five available trim levels and the variety of customization options, and you have one vehicle that is sure to make you smile every time you get behind the wheel.[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Fiat 500X
The 2016 Fiat 500X is a brand-new model from the Italian carmaker.
The 2016 Fiat 500X is available in five different trim levels: Pop, Easy, Trekking, Lounge, and Trekking Plus.
2016 Fiat 500X Photos:
2016 Fiat 500X Exterior
Fiat is known for its quirky European styling, and it looks like the 500X has received a healthy dose of just that. As a beefier version of the Fiat 500, the 500X is a subcompact crossover SUV with plenty of personality. Its body is rounded, from its front fascia and headlights all the way to its rear end, giving it an appealing, unique look that is sure to turn heads.
2016 Fiat 500X Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Pop:
- Rear Window wiper, Power mirrors, Capless Fuel Filler, Rear body-color spoiler, Bi-function Halogen projector headlamps, Exterior mirrors with heating elements
Exterior available on the Easy:
- 17-inch x 7.0-inch aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the Trekking:
- Automatic headlamps, Fog and cornering lamps
Exterior available on the Lounge:
- Windshield wiper de-icer
Exterior available on the Trekking Plus:
- 18-inch x 7.0-inch aluminum wheels, 225 / 45R18 BSW all season tires
2016 Fiat 500X Performance
The base Pop trim level comes with a 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. It is available with only a six-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive. Every other 500X is equipped with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that ups the horsepower to 180, while also getting 175 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is also available.
2016 Fiat 500X Efficiency
The 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine has an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating of 28 miles per gallon combined, getting 25 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway. The 2.4-liter four-cylinder is good for an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined, with 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.
2016 Fiat 500X Interior
The 2016 Fiat 500X combines luxury and affordability in one neatly-wrapped interior package. High-quality materials, soft-touch surfaces, and a standard center console in a class where this feature is typically optional make the 500X a great choice for any consumer. Drivers and passengers alike will stay entertained thanks to the Uconnect system, which is run through a 6.5-inch touchscreen. This suite of apps includes navigation, Yelp! local search, and Internet radio. It also makes sure you keep your hands on the wheel at all time with text-to-speech and speech-to-text capability. While the Fiat 500X is small, it still offers a lot of cargo space.
2016 Fiat 500X Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Pop:
- Electric Power steering, Two glove box storing areas, Driver seat height adjuster, Cluster 3.5-inch TFT Black and White display, Heater booster, Rear window defroster
- Radio 3.0 AM/FM, 4 speakers, Steering wheel Mounted Audio controls
Interior available on the Easy:
- Deep tint sunscreen glass, Front center sliding armrest, Passive Entry/Keyless Go, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Premium wrapped steering wheel
- 0-inch Touchscreen display, 6 speakers, GPS Antenna Input, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®, Uconnect® Access via Mobile, 1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service
Interior available on the Trekking:
- Cluster 3.5-inch TFT color display, Premium cloth bucket seats
Interior available on the Lounge:
- Ambient lighting, Heated steering wheel, Cargo compartment cover, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Heated front seats, Compass gauge
- HD Radio, 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service, 6.5-inch touchscreen display, FIAT Premium Audio System, GPS Navigation
Interior available on the Trekking Plus:
- Leather-trimmed bucket seats
2016 Fiat 500X Safety
Along with the standard safety features listed below, the 2016 Fiat 500X also has a long list of available features. These include a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, a blind-spot monitoring system, rear cross-traffic alerts, a lane departure intervention system, and a forward collision warning system.
Standard Safety Features
- Security Alarm
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electric Park Brake
- Advanced Multi-stage Front Airbags
- Supplemental Side-Curtain front and rear airbags
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- 4-wheel Anti-lock brakes