2016 Ford C-Max Overview
The 2016 Ford C-Max is a hybrid hatchback vehicle that provides fuel economy of up to 90 MPGe and comes with a long list of standard features, which includes a six-speaker sound system, Bluetooth capabilities, and dual-zone climate control. While the Ford C-Max may not provide the same type of fuel economy as the new Toyota Prius, the C-Max does come with more horsepower, and the C-Max Energi can travel up to 62 mph using only electric power. Besides the Prius, the new C-Max also competes with the Chevy Volt and the larger Ford Fusion Energi.
Helpful Hints: Check out these easy fuel economy tips for daily drivers
What’s new for the 2016 Ford C-Max?
Other than offering a few new exterior color options, the only other notable new feature included with the 2016 C-Max is the Sync 3 infotainment system, which provides quicker responses, better voice recognition, and its larger digital buttons are easier to manipulate by swiping or pinching your fingers.
2016 Ford C-Max Photos:
2016 Ford C-Max Exterior
The 2016 Ford C-Max offers its own unique design to the auto industry. The front end of this hatchback is all about aerodynamics, as its active grille shutters can shut at fast speeds in order to steer more air around the vehicle, which aids in fuel efficiency. Automatic headlights and 17-inch alloy wheels come standard on the 2016 C-Max, but those who opt for the more expensive Energi model willbe rewarded with foglights and heated mirrors. Exterior color options for the Ford C-Max Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Kona Blue Metallic, and Oxford White.
2016 Ford C-Max Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE
- Integrated blind spot mirrors, Center high-mounted stop lamp, Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, Manual liftgate with remote liftgate release, Variable interval windshield wipers, Fixed interval rear window wiper, Panoramic fixed-glass Vista Roof
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL
- Adds to or replaces features from Hybrid SE trim: Heated exterior power mirrors, Fog lamps, Piano black grille, Reverse sensing system, Rain-sensing wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Energi
- Inlcudes the same features as the Hybrid SE.
2016 Ford C-Max Performance
The 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid receives power from a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and electric motor that utilizes a lithium-ion battery pack. Those two engines combine to provide the C-Max hybrid with 188 horsepower and 129 lb-ft of torque. The C-Max Energi variant comes with a larger 7.6 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that allows it to travel roughly 19 miles using only electric power. Both the hybrid and the plug-in hybrid come equipped with a continuously variable transmission and the plug-in hybrid can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than eight seconds.
2016 Ford C-Max Efficiency
The 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid yields an EPA-estimated 42 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway. The C-Max Energi model even boasts an all-electric range of 19 miles, but once its battery loses it charge, it takes approximately two-and-a-half hours at a 240-volt charging station to restore that battery to full power. Consumers should also be aware that it could take up to five hours for that battery to fully charge with a 120-volt wall outlet.
2016 Ford C-Max Interior
The interior of the 2016 Ford C-Max is more elegant and comfortable than some people might anticipate as the interior in filled with high quality materials and useful entertainment features. The Ford C-Max’s Sync 3 infotainment system provides smartphone app integration and Bluetooth connectivity to keep passengers entertained while they relax in either the 60/40-split rear seat or manually adjustable front seats. The C-Max Hybrid also offers 52.6 cubic feet of available cargo space with the rear seats folded down, but the Energi model only provides 42.8 cubic feet of available storage room, due to its larger battery pack taking up more space.
2016 Ford C-Max Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE
- 6-way manually adjustable driver seat, Second-row 60/40 split-forward fold flat, Cloth bucket seats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Rear seat heat ducts, Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel, Power windows, Remote Keyless Entry system, Trip computer, EcoSelect button, SmartGauge with EcoGuide, Cruise control, AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio with 6 speakers, Audio input jack, USB port, Speed sensitive volume control, SYNC infotainment system
Interior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL
- Adds to or replaces features from Hybrid SE trim: 10-way power-adjustable driver seat, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Ambient lighting, Heated seats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Universal garage door opener, Intelligent Access with push-button start, SYNC 3 infotainment system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Interior available on the 2016 Ford C-Max Energi
- Adds to or replaces features from Hybrid SE trim: Remote start system, MyFord Mobile app and website
2016 Ford C-Max Safety
The Ford C-Max earned a four-star overall safety rating (out of a possible five) in crash tests performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Standard safety features on the C-Max include antilock brakes, stability and traction control, as well as multiple airbags. The new Ford C-Max also features 911 Assist, which can alert emergency responders via your smartphone if your vehicle’s airbags deploy. Another available technology is MyKey, which allows the owner to preset the radio’s maximum volume and top speed for when it’s being driven by teenagers.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Drive knee airbag
- Safety Canopy side-curtain airbags
- Anti-lock brake system
- Traction control
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Electronic-assist parking brake
- SOS Post-Crash Alert