2016 Ford Edge Overview
The 2016 Ford Edge is a mid-size crossover that offers three engine choices and earned impressive crash test safety ratings from the federal government. Coming with the choice of front-wheel and all-wheel drive, the 2016 Edge carries a starting MSRP of $28,700. Key competitors in the mid-size crossover segment include the Nissan Murano, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.
What’s new for the 2016 Ford Edge?
The 2016 Ford Edge now comes standard with push-button start and keyless entry. The new Sync 3 infotainment system also is available for the 2016 Edge. For those with a little more cash to spend, the top-level Sport model now comes standard with all-wheel drive, power rear liftgate, and variable-ratio steering. Furthermore, the base SE model is no longer available with a V6 engine option.
2016 Ford Edge Photos:
2016 Ford Edge Exterior
The 2016 Ford Edge features a sleek and sculpted exterior that comes standard with dual exhaust tips, LED taillights, and 18-inch alloy wheels. The large trapezoidal grille gives the new Edge even more personality and this crossover also features active grille shutters, which can close at high speeds in order to improve upon fuel efficiency. Families might also enjoy the available rear power liftgate, which the driver or passengers can open just by moving their foot in front of a rear sensor. Exterior color options for the 2016 Ford Edge include Kona Blue Metallic, Shadow Black, and Too Good To Be Blue Metallic.
2016 Ford Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Edge SE
- Projector-beam halogen headlights, Automatic headlights with wiper activation, Intermittent speed-sensitive front windshield wipers, Power mirrors with integrated blindspot mirrors, Black exterior mirror caps, Body-color door handles, Body-color rear spoiler, Dual bright exhaust tips, Bright grille, LED taillamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Edge SEL
- Adds to or replaces features on SE: Heated power mirrors with LED signal indicators, Body-color exterior mirror caps, Bright beltline molding, Optional Panoramic Vista Roof®, LED signature lighting
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Edge Titanium
- Adds to or replaces features on SEL: Optional High-Intensity Discharge headlamps with auto high beams, Body-color door handles with chrome inserts, Optional silver roof rack side rails, LED taillights with light bar, Optional rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Edge Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on Titanium: Piano Black grille with Magnetic accent, Unique headlamp appearance treatment, Body-color front and rear lower fascia, Body-color side lower cladding, Trapezoidal fascia-integrated bright exhaust tips
2016 Ford Edge Performance
There are three engine options for the 2016 Ford Edge and they all come matched with a six-speed automatic transmission. The standard engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder rated at 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. The SEL and Titanium trims are available with a 3.5-liter V6 good for 280 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque, while the Sport model comes with a turbocharged 2.7-liter V6 motor that produces 315 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Furthermore, the new Ford Edge can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2016 Ford Edge Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Ford Edge depends on which engine is placed inside the vehicle, as well as the customer’s choice of either the standard front-wheel drive system or the available all-wheel drive option. The 2016 Edge gets its best fuel efficiency of 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with FWD and the 2.0-liter engine. The top-level Edge Sport yields an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. Additionally, the FWD Ford Edge comes with a 18.3 gallon fuel tank and the AWD version boasts a 19.2 gallon tank.
2016 Ford Edge Interior
The 2016 Ford Edge features a first-rate interior that provides seating for up to five people. Both driver and passengers will enjoy vast amounts of legroom and the optional Sync 3 infotainment system is more responsive and easier to navigate than the outgoing system. Owners of the new Ford Edge can even preset the stereo’s maximum volume and top speed for when their kids or valets are driving their vehicle. For storage purposes, the 2016 Ford Edge provides 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and available storage room grows to 73.4 cubic feet with the back seats folded down.
2016 Ford Edge Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Edge SE
- Single-zone manual air conditioning, Rear cargo management system, Four 12-volt powerpoints, Power windows with one-touch up/down driver’s side window feature, Liftgate assist handle, Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start, Leather shifter knob, Steering wheel with controls, Cloth-trimmed seats, Reclining front bucket seats, Fold-down rear seats, Cruise control, Sync®, AM/FM/CD player, Audio input jack
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Edge SEL
- Adds to or replaces features on SE: Dual-zone automatic temperature controls, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with controls, Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, Cargo net, Optional remote start system, Optional heated steering wheel, Unique cloth-trimmed seats, Optional leather-trimmed seats, Second-row EasyFold® remote seat release, Reverse Sensing System, Optional Sync®3, Optional Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic, SiriusXM™ Radio, Optional premium audio system
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Edge Titanium
- Adds to or replaces features on SEL: 10-way power driver’s seat, 6-way power passenger seat, Ambient lighting, Universal garage door opener, Memory feature for exterior mirrors, Hands-free liftgate, Two driver-configurable 4.2-inch LCD displays in cluster, Smart charging media bin, Bright illuminated scuff plates, Heated front seats, Driver’s seat memory features, Optional perforated leather-trimmed sports seats, Optional heated front seats, Optional cooled front seats, Optional heated rear outboard seats, Optional Adaptive Cruise Control, Optional Lane-Keeping System, Optional enhanced active park assist with sensing systems, Optional front 180-degree camera, Sync®3, Audio system from Sony® with HD Radio™
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Edge Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on Titanium: Aluminum pedal covers, Unique leather-trimmed sport seats with perforated suede inserts
2016 Ford Edge Safety
The 2016 Ford Edge earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The new Ford Edge comes standard with traction and stability control, as well as antilock brakes, but this mid-size crossover also offers even more advanced safety technology such as rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring, and a forward collision warning system.
Standard Safety Features
- Personal Safety System
- Safety Canopy® System
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Belt-Minder® System
- Child safety rear door locks
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children) System
- Rearview camera
- Front-Passenger Sensing System
- Driver knee airbag
- Glove-box-door-integrated knee airbag
Rather Have A Truck? Check out this overview of the 2016 Ford F-150