2016 Ford Fiesta Overview
The 2016 Ford Fiesta is the perfect vehicle for those who need versatility and utility but don’t want to sacrifice fun in order to get it. Available as either a sedan or hatchback, there are few vehicles on the road more fun than the Fiesta–particularly if you wind up opting for the incredible Fiesta ST.
What’s New for the 2016 Ford Fiesta?
Changes are few and far between for 2016, but they are nonetheless significant. The base Fiesta S gets standard remote keyless entry and anti-theft alarm, and the SE is eligible to be equipped with the Black package and a sport body kit. Arguably, the biggest change is the availability of Ford SYNC 3, which debuts in the Fiesta and Expedition.
2016 Ford Fiesta Exterior
The 2016 Ford Fiesta is unchanged on the exterior, which means it maintains its fun, compact profile. The Fiesta features a streamlined look, complimented by bold lines and Ford’s signature trapezoidal grille. The addition of a sport body kit or opting for the Fiesta ST assures drivers an even more impressive aesthetic.
Exterior available on Fiesta S:
- 15-inch steel wheels with silver-plated wheel covers, Black beltline, Carbon black lower grille and chrome upper grille bars and surround, Body-color door handles, Body-color front and rear bumpers, Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler, Halogen headlights with black-surround bezel, Body-color power mirrors with integrated blind spot mirrors, Rear decklid spoiler (hatchback only), Solar tinted glass, Acoustic-laminate windshield
Exterior available on Fiesta SE (additions/replacements to S):
- 15-inch sparkle silver-painted aluminum wheels, Body-color power side mirrors with integrated turn signals and integrated blind spot monitors
Exterior available on Fiesta Titanium (additions/replacement to SE):
- 16-inch premium sparkle nickel-plated aluminum wheels; Body-color, power, heated side mirrors with turn signal indicators and integrated blind spot mirrors; Chrome beltline; Fog lamps with chrome bezels; Piano black painted lower grille with chrome smile and chrome upper grille; Halogen headlights with chrome surround bezel
Exterior available on Fiesta ST (additions/replacements to Titanium):
- 17-inch Rado Gray premium painted wheels, Body-color lower extension front fascia with black center airfoil, Body-color rear fascia lower extensions with unique black diffuser, Twin chrome-tipped exhaust, Fog lamps with black bezels, Mesh grille insert, Rear carpeted floor mats with embroidered ST logo, Unique body-color side rocker moldings, Unique high-mounted rear spoiler, Unique ST logo front door sill plates, Performance summer tires and performance brakes with track pads
Gallery: 2016 Ford Fiesta Exterior
2016 Ford Fiesta Performance
The 2016 Fiesta comes standard with a 1.6-liter Ti-VCT four-cylinder mated to either a five-speed manual or PowerShift six-speed automatic with SelectShift. This combination generates 120 horsepower and 112 lb-ft of torque. The award-winning 1.0-liter turbocharged and direct injected Ti-VCT is available for the SE with the five-speed manual, and it generates 123 horsepower and 125 lb-ft of torque. The Fiesta ST comes standard with a turbocharged and direct injection variation of the 1.6-liter four-banger, mated to a six-speed manual transmission and capable of 197 horsepower and 202 lb-ft of torque.
Gallery: 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
2016 Ford Fiesta Efficiency
The 2016 Ford Fiesta returns 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway/31 mpg combined when equipped with the 1.6-liter four-cylinder and the five-speed manual and 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway/31 mpg combined with the 1.6-liter four-cylinder and the six-speed automatic. The Fiesta SE with the 1.0-liter turbo Ti-VCT returns 31 mpg city/43 mpg highway/36 mpg combined, and the Fiesta ST returns 26 mpg city/33 mpg highway/29 mpg combined.
2016 Ford Fiesta Interior
The 2016 Ford Fiesta may appear small on the outside, but 60/40 split folding rear seats make it an incredibly versatile choice for those who find themselves transporting bulky goods with any regularity. The Fiesta sports a clean and even luxurious interior that is brimming with technology.
Interior available on Fiesta S:
- Carpeted front floor mats, Center dome lamp with map lights, Day/night rearview mirror, Driver’s left footrest, Front center floor console with two front and one rear cupholders and cell phone holder, Front passenger rear seat back map pocket, Ice Blue® cluster lighting, Illuminated lighting for glove box and load compartment, Intermittent front windshield wipers with anti-drip wipe, Manual air conditioning with electronic actuation, Manual tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Manual windows, Multifunction message center with LCD screen, Power door locks with automatic locking doors, Rear-seat heat ducts, Rear-window defroster, Shift knob with metallic trim insert, 4-way manual front-passenger seat, 60/40 split rear seat, 6-way manual driver’s seat, Cloth front bucket bolster seats, Auxiliary audio input jack, AM/FM stereo with single CD/MP3 capability, SYNC® with SYNC Applink
Interior available on Fiesta SE (additions/replacements to S):
- Ambient lighting; Chrome door release handles; Cruise control; Front center floor console with armrest, two front and one rear cupholders, and cell phone holder; Metallic trim on instrument panel registers, center stack, and shifter bezel; MyKey®; Overhead console; Power windows with driver one-touch up-down feature; Rear dome lamp; Trip computer, Upgraded cloth front bucket bolster seats
Interior available on Fiesta Titanium (additions/replacement to SE):
- Electrochromic auto-dimming rearview mirror, Electronic automatic temperature control, Intelligent Access with push-button start, Leather shift knob with chrome insert, Rearview camera, Reverse sensing system, Driver’s seat adjustable lumbar support, Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed seats, HD Radio™, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Sony® branded audio system, SYNC®3, Two Smart Charging USBs
Interior available on Fiesta ST (additions/replacements to Titanium):
- Dual-outlet stainless-steel exhaust integrated into fascia, GS-specific front and rear appearance features, Body-colored lower rocker moldings, Rear lip spoiler
Gallery: 2016 Ford Fiesta Interior:
2016 Ford Fiesta Safety
The 2016 Ford Fiesta is offered with a number of standard and available passive and active safety features, including a rearview camera and reverse-sensing system standard for Titanium.
Standard Safety Features:
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control
- Battery saver
- Child safety rear door locks, LATCH anchors and tethers for child safety seats
- Driver’s knee airbag, Side curtain airbags
- Side-intrusion door beams
- Tire pressure monitoring system