2016 Honda Battle of the Bands Lineup Revealed
Today Honda announced the eight Historically Black College and University (HBCU) marching bands that have been chosen by voters to compete in the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase, which takes place at Atlanta’s Georgia Dome on January 30, 2016.
The eight top marching bands selected through online fan voting include:
- Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Alcorn State University, Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Bethune Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of the South (Southeastern Athletic Conference)
- Lincoln University (PA), Orange Crush Roaring Lions (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association)
- Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm (Southwest Athletic Conference)
- South Carolina State University, Marching “101” (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Conference)
This is the 14th installment of Honda’s Battle of the Bands, and this year’s contest features a diverse lineup that ranges from first-time participant Lincoln University to familiar face Bethune-Cookman University, which is returning for its eleventh appearance.
In addition to providing travel and accommodations for the eight HBCU marching bands, Honda is also giving a $20,000 grant to support each school’s music education programs.
“Honda Battle of the Bands is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that helps HBCU student musicians showcase their talent and discover their greatness, both on and off the field,” said Steve Morikawa, Corporate Community Relations VP of American Honda. “Honda is proud to have a longstanding relationship with America’s HBCUs, and is honored that many students consider this event a highlight of their collegiate experience.”
Tickets to the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands can be purchased at the official HBOB website, and start at just $10.