2016 Honda Civic Coupe Overview
The 2016 Honda Civic Coupe has been given a fresh new exterior design and comes with many advanced tech features, with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility being two prime examples. Carrying a starting MSRP of $19,050, the new Civic Coupe provides better fuel efficiency and more powerful engines options than the outgoing model. The 2016 Civic Coupe competes in the compact car segment with the Chevrolet Cruze, Toyota Corolla, and Hyundai Elantra.
What’s New for the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe?
The 2016 Civic Coupe features a sporty new design, while the sloped roofline provides ample storage space in the trunk. A new 2.0-liter four-cylinder replaces the 1.8-liter engine offered on last year’s model. In addition, the 2016 Civic coupe offers new tech and safety features that are sure to make it an appealing option for families looking for a new car.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Photos:
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Exterior
The exterior styling of the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe is sportier and more refined than the outgoing version. The front headlights are noticeably thinner and the fenders have a more distinctive look. Coming standard on the ’16 Civic Coupe are 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels and LED daytime running lamps, but a wing spoiler and fog lights can be added as standalone features. Exterior color options include Aegean Blue Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, and Rallye Red.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
- Security system with Remote Entry and Trunk Release, Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars, Push-to-release fuel filler door, One-touch turn indicators, Body-colored door handles, Integrated rear-window antenna, Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto-on/off, Body-colored power side mirrors with expanded view driver’s mirror, Two-speed intermittent wipers, Capless fuel filler
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Smart Entry
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
- Fog lights, Fin-type roof-mounted antenna, Heated mirrors, Variable intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
- The EX-L offers the same exterior features as the EX-T
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
- LED one-touch turn indicators, Chrome door handles, LED headlights with auto-on/off, Heated mirrors with integrated turn signals, Rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Performance
There are two available engines for the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe. The LX and LX-P trims come with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. That engine works with the consumer’s choice of either a continuously variable transmission (CVT) or a six-speed manual. The EX-T, EX-L, and Touring models are motivated by a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder motor good for 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. The turbo engine only comes matched with the CVT. In addition, the new Civic Touring model can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than seven seconds.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe depends on the buyer’s choice of engine and transmission:
- When equipped with the 2.0-liter four-cylinder and six-speed manual, the 2016 Civic Coupe yields an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.
- When the 2.0-liter four-cylinder is paired with the CVT, efficiency rises to 31 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway.
- The combination of the turbocharged four-cylinder and the CVT help the new 2016 Civic Coupe yield 31 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway.
A 12.4 gallon fuel tank comes standard in the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior
Honda claims that the 2016 Civic Coupe provides “best-in-class interior volume,” and its cabin also comes standard with a rearview camera, dual-zone climate control, and a five-inch display screen. Consumers have the choice between two cloth and two leather interior combinations, depending on how much they are willing to spend moving up trim levels, as the leather interior option is only available for the top-level EX-L and Touring models. Furthermore, the new Civic Coupe provides up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo room in the trunk and the center console provides an additional 7.2 liters of storage space. The ’16 Civic Coupe is also available with a 7-inch touchscreen that’s compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
- Driver’s and front passenger’s vanity mirrors, Automatic Climate Control system, Power windows and Auto-up/down diver’s and front passenger’s windows, Power door locks with auto-lock feature, Driver’s and front passenger’s illuminated window and door lock controls, Cruise control, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Centre console with sliding armrest and storage compartment, Sliding sun visors, Door-pocket storage bins, Electronic remote trunk release, Headlights-on reminder, Map lights, Floor mats, 12-volt power outlet, Rear window deforester, Cargo area light, Beverage holders, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Driver’s seat with manual height adjust, Adjustable head restraints, Fold-down rear seatback (60/40 split), MP3/WMA/USB, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth Streaming Audio, Radio Date System, Speed-sensitive Volume Control, Four-speaker system, Five-inch color LCD screen, Multi-Information Display
Interior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
- LED gear position indicators, Push Button Start, Shift lever position indicator, Remote Engine Start
Interior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
- Illuminated vanity mirrors, Dual-zone automatic climate control system, LED pocket light, Heated front seats, Fog lights indicator, Shift lever position indicator, Honda LaneWatch, Pandora Compatibility, SMS text message function, HondaLink, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, SiriusXM, HD Radio, 10-speaker system with subwoofer, Seven-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touchscreen
Interior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather upholstery, Leather-Trimmed seats
Interior available on the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
- Compass, Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Road Departure Mitigation System, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (ACC), Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic and Song By Voice (SBV)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Safety
Besides coming standard with antilock brakes, a rearview camera, and stability control, the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe is also available with Honda Sensing, which is a suite of safety and driver assistive-technologies that are meant to warn the driver when bad situations are impending. Technologies that are featured in this safety package include lane-departure warning and intervention, forward-collision alert with automatic braking, and adaptive cruise control. The 2016 Honda Civic Coupe has yet to be rated by either the NHTSA or IIHS at the time of writing.
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS), SmartVent® Front Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Three-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control4
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Daytime Running Lights
Get The Best: Should you lease or buy a new Honda