2016 Honda CR-Z Overview
The 2016 Honda CR-Z is a hybrid vehicle with a starting MSRP of $20,295. Besides offering good fuel economy, the Honda CR-Z also boats a comfortable and tech-savvy cabin. The 2016 Honda CR-Z competes with other hybrid vehicles such as the BMW i8, Ford C-MAX Energi, and the Chevrolet Volt.
What’s new for the 2016 Honda CR-Z?
The EX-L trim level has been added for the 2016 model year, which includes the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System. Other changes include new 5-spoke alloy wheels, redesigned bumpers, and an innovative octagonal grille.
2016 Honda CR-Z Photos:
2016 Honda CR-Z Exterior
The 2016 Honda CR-Z features a sleek and distinct design that’s sure to turn heads on the highway. The front and rear fascias feature a bolder appearance than last year’s model and the 5-spoke wheels will definitely grab your attention. Exterior color options for the 2016 Honda CR-Z include Aegean Blue Metallic, Deep Violet Pearl II, Ivory Pearl, Jet Black, Milano Red, and Polished Metal Metallic.
2016 Honda CR-Z Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z LX
- 16-inch alloy wheels, P195/55/16 86V all-season tires, Smart Entry, Fin-type roof-mounted antenna, Security system with Remote Entry, One-touch turn indicators, LED brake lights, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Reverse-linked intermittent rear window wiper/washer, Push-to-release fuel filler door, Body-colored door handles, Projector-beam halogen headlights, Body-colored power side mirrors with expanded view driver’s side mirror and integrated turn signals, Daytime Running Lights
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: LED Daytime Running Lights, Fog lights, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights with auto-on/off, Heated body-colored power side mirrors with expanded view driver’s side mirror and integrated turn signals
Exterior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z EX-L Navi
- Includes the same exterior features as the EX.
2016 Honda CR-Z Performance
The 2016 Honda CR-Z is powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC in-line four-cylinder engine with electric motor and lithium-ion battery, which work together to produce 130 horsepower and 140 lb-ft of torque. The Honda CR-Z comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission, but it’s also available with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Torque reduces to 127 lb-ft with the CVT.
2016 Honda CR-Z Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Honda CR-Z depends on the buyer’s choice between the standard six-speed manual transmission and the optional CVT:
- The 2016 Honda CR-V, equipped with the manual transmission, yields 31 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
- The 2016 Honda CR-V, equipped with the CVT transmission, yields 36 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Honda CR-V features a 10.6 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Honda CR-Z Interior
The interior of the 2016 Honda CR-V features a brand new Display Audio setup with a 7-inch touchscreen. In addition, the EX and EX-L Navi trims now come with Honda Lane Watch, while the EX-L Navi also features the Honda-Linked Navigation System, as well as heated seats.
2016 Honda CR-Z Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z LX
- Automatic climate control, Power windows with auto-up/down driver’s window, Power door locks, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Beverage holders, Upper instrument panel storage, Door-pocket storage bins, Map lights, 12-volt power outlets, Glove compartment, Courtesy lights, Rear cargo console, Rear window defroster, Retractable cargo area cover, Floor mats, Cargo area light, Illuminated window switches, Driver’s vanity mirror, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls (cruise/audio/phone/MID), Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment, Plus Sport System®, 3-mnode drive system (Sport/Normal/ECON), Eco Assist™ system, Hill Start Assist, Idle-stop, Cruise control, Push button start, Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only), Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® streaming audio, Pandora® compatibility, SMS text message function, MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control, HondaLink® Next Generation, Display audio iunterfact, USB audio interface with 1.5- and 1.0-amp charging ports in center stack, 7-inch display audio with high-resolution WVGA with electrostatic touch-screen and customizable feature settings, 160-watt audio system with 6 speakers, Multi-Information Display (MID)
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Aluminum shift knob with leather (six-speed transmission only), Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Textured aluminum pedals, Ambient console lighting, Illuminated driver’s and front passenger’s vanity mirrors, Honda LaneWatch™, 360-watt premium audio system with 7 speakers including subwoofer
Interior available on the 2016 Honda CR-Z EX-L Navi
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls (cruise/audio/phone/MID/Navi), Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed seats, HD Radio, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation system with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
2016 Honda CR-Z Safety
The Honda CR-Z earned a four star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In addition, a rearvision camera comes standard on every 2016 model.
Standard Safety Features
- Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- SmartVent® front side airbags
- Driver’s and front passenger’s active head restraints
- 3-point seat belts with automatic tensioning system
- Driver’s and front passenger’s seat-belt reminder
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure
- Dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags
Car Technology Explained: Understand what a trip computer is and does