2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Overview
The 2016 Santa Fe Sport is a crossover SUV with a starting MSRP of $24,950. In addition, the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport comes designed with two available trims, the Santa Fe Sport and the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T.
Autonomous Driving: Check out the latest self-driving tech from Hyundai
What’s New for the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
The 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport remains primarily the same as the 2015 model with several cosmetic changes for a more modern appearance.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Photos:
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Exterior
The 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport features a modern design with sharper edges and creases. The grille is larger, and pops with a new hexagonal shape. Both the front and rear bumpers have been reshaped, as have the taillights. Roof rails, a rear spoiler, and alloy wheels are available as well.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Front solar glass and rear privacy glass, Projector headlights with LED accents, Daytime Running Lights, Chrome accent grille and door handles, Rear windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
- Adds to or replaces features on Santa Fe Sport: Side mirror-mounted turn signal indicators, Windshield wiper de-icer, Front fog lights, Proximity Key entry, Roof rack side rails
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Performance
The latest Hyundai Santa Fe Sport comes with two available engines. The base 2.4-liter four-cylinder boasts 190 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder hits higher up the belt with 264 horsepower and 259 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Efficiency
The base 2.4-liter four-cylinder earns an EPA-estimated 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg. The more powerful 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder earns slightly less, coming in at 19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg. Both engines can be combined with an all-wheel drive system.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Interior
The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport features an interior luxury automakers envy. Seating five to seven depending on trim, high quality materials make up everything from the seats to the armrest. The infotainment system has received the latest updates and the entire interior is covered in leather.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- 5-passenger seating, Power door locks, 40/20/40 split-folding 2nd-row bench seat, YES Essentials ® stain-resistant cloth seating surfaces, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions, Hidden cargo-area storage compartment, Driver Selectable Steering Mode
Interior available on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
- Adds to or replaces features on Santa Fe Sport: 8-way power driver seat with 4-way power lumber support, Dual front automatic temperature control with CleanAir Inoizer, Heated front seats, Manual rear side window sunshades, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Safety
Overall, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport the top score of five stars. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety hasn’t officially given a rating just yet but so far, “good” ratings are looking likely.
Standard Safety Features
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Active front head restraints
- Driver’s knee airbag
- 4-wheel, 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Downhill Brake Control
- Hillstart Assist Control
- Energy-absorbing steering column