2016 Hyundai Tucson Overview
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson is a reasonably priced compact SUV, sporting an MSRP of $22,700 for the standard edition and is loaded with numerous safety and convenience features to enhance the driving experience. The 2016 Hyundai Tucson comes with multiple engine choices and includes Active ECO System technology to aid fuel efficiency. The third-generation Tucson also includes the latest technology, such as an integrated Bluetooth hands-free phone system and an available touchscreen navigation system with a rearview camera.
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson is offered in four trim levels: SE, Eco, Sport, and Limited.
Best Buys: Best SUVs and Crossovers of 2015
What’s New for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson?
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson marks the debut of its new third-generation design, which features a larger and more comfortable cabin, as well as technology upgrades over last year’s model. The 2016 Hyundai Tucson also features a redesigned multi-link rear suspension that promises a more relaxed trip when it’s time to buckle up.
2016 Hyundai Tucson Photos:
2016 Hyundai Tucson Exterior
On the exterior, the 2016 Hyundai Tuscon features a more aggressive appearance than last year’s model because of its boldly designed rims and forward-raking wheel arch design. This Tucson also features an available twin, bevel-cut chrome exhaust tips and LED lighting system.
2016 Hyundai Tucson Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson SE:
- Dual fold-away heated power bodycolor side mirrors, LED Center High-Mount Stop Light, Rear spoiler, Solar control glass, Privacy glass, Halogen Projector headlights, Automatic headlights
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Eco:
- Roof rack side rails, Side mirror-mounted turn-signal indicators, Premium front and rear fascias, Premium metallic painted side sills, Front fog lights, LED Daytime Running Lights
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Sport:
- Proximity Key entry with push button start, Hands-free Smart Liftgate
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited:
- Shark-fin antenna, LED headlights, LED taillights, Chrome front grille, Chrome door handles
2016 Hyundai Tucson Performance
The standard edition 2016 Hyundai Tucson comes with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine good for 164 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque. The standard edition model also features a six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® and Active ECO System. The Eco, Sport, and Limited trims sport a more powerful 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder turbocharged engine, which produces 175 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque. The advanced trims features a seven-speed EcoShift® Dual Clutch transmission.
2016 Hyundai Tucson Efficiency
Equipped with Active ECO System technology to improve efficiency, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson features respectable fuel economy, especially for a compact SUV. The 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder engine is good for 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway, while the 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder turbocharged engine on the Eco trim can keep the Tucson going for an impressive 26 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway. The third-generation Tucson is made with 32% more high-strength steel than the second-generation model, which allows for better handling and overall driving experience.
2016 Hyundai Tucson Interior
The interior of the 2016 Hyundai Tucson is more spacious and comfortable than ever before, featuring 31 cubic feet of cargo space; if you fold down the rear seats, that measurement improves to 61.9 cubic feet of cargo space. The Hyundai Tucson also comes with an optional 8-inch color touchscreen navigation system with NavTraffic.
2016 Hyundai Tucson Photos:
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson SE:
- Power door locks, Cloth seating, YES Essentials® cloth, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Rear reclining back seats, Rear center armrest, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors, Steering-wheel-mounted controls
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Eco:
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Rear reclining back seats, Rear center armrest, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors, Steering-wheel-mounted controls, Power door locks, Cloth seating, YES Essentials® cloth
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Sport:
- Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Rear reclining back seats, Rear center armrest, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited:
- Dual front automatic temperature control, Floor console-mounted rear vents, 6-way power passenger seat, Leather seating surfaces, Premium instrument panel and driver’s side panel, Premium door sill plates, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass
2016 Hyundai Tucson Safety
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson comes standard with a rearview camera and also offers available Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection, and Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection. Additionally, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson features Blue Link Connected Care, which can notify Hyundai’s response center of your location if you get in an accident so it can send emergency personnel.
Standard Safety Features
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System
- Driver’s blind spot mirror (SE and Eco)
- Blind Spot Detection (Sport and Limited)
- Rear Cross-traffic Alert (Sport and Limited)
- Lane Change Assist (Sport and Limited)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Vehicle Stability Management system
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System
- Dual front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Front and rear roof-mounted side-curtain airbags with rollover sensors
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Remote keyless entry system with alarm
- Rear LATCH System
- Power window lock-out button
Stay Calm And Care For Your Car: What to Do When You Get A Flat
- Tim ShultsContributor
Tim Shults is the President of the Shults Auto Group. In his spare time he likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters. Shults Auto Group is the largest auto group in the Southern tier. With over 400 employees, Shults Auto Group has 11 different dealerships carrying 15 different makes and 2 strictly used car stores, Shults Toyota, Ed Shults Chevrolet Cadillac, Shults Chevrolet of Westfield, Edmond Chevrolet Buick GMC, Ed Shults Ford Lincoln of Jamestown, Kia of Jamestown, Ed Shults Subaru of Warren, Shults Hyundai, Ed Shults Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Warren, Shults Resale, Shults Resale Olean, and Shults Nissan.