2016 Infiniti QX80 Overview
The 2016 Infiniti QX80 is a luxurious and athletic SUV that is designed to be bold. This model comes with a large engine, large frame, and tons of capabilities. In short, this model is meant make a statement. The QX80 comes in three trims—Standard, Signature, and Limited—and it has AWD powertrain options as well. Starting at $63,250, the QX80 is meant to be Infiniti’s answer to the Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes-Benz GL, and the Range Rover.
Trained by the Best: Learn more about the Infiniti Engineering Academy
What’s New for the 2016 Infiniti QX80?
The 2016 model year is similar to the 2015, with some minor updates. This includes the Hydraulic Body Motion Control system to add comfort, minor exterior style changes, and Driver Assistance and Split Bench Seat packages. The Signature Edition QX80 comes with limited availability, as well as a premium high-contrast leather interior. The model still has the same wide grille, LED lighting, and three-row seating design. Fans of the previous model year will love the new 2016 Infiniti QX80.
2016 Infiniti QX80 Photos:
2016 Infiniti QX80 Exterior
The wide grille and LED lighting on the 2016 QX80 are relatively the same as the previous model year, adding confidence and finesse you won’t easily find elsewhere. Six-spoke aluminum alloy wheels add a touch of class, and features like roof rails, running boards with integrated splash guards, and a tow hitch create a sporty appeal. This model is truly large as well, running 208.9 inches in overall length and 75.8 inches in total height.
2016 Infiniti QX80 Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80
- 20 x 8.0-inch; split 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels; 275/60R20 all-season tires; LED center high-mounted stoplight (CHMSL); Automatic on/off LED headlights with high beam assist windshield wiper interlock;Integrated LED front fog lights; LED rear brake lights; LED turn signals; Skid plate; Body-color running boards with integrated splash guards; Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers; Rear window intermittent wiper and defroster with timer; Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch auto-open/close and sunshade; Stainless steel rear bumper protector; Power rear liftgate; Roof rails; UV-reducing solar glass; Rear privacy glass; Power folding, auto-dimming, heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, reverse tilt-down feature, and courtesy lights; Integrated Class IV tow hitch and 7-pin wiring harness with cover
Addtional exterior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80 Signature Edition
- Chrome side mirror covers, Chrome body side moldings
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited
- Dark Chrome roof rails and crossbars, 22 x 8.0-inch, 14-spoke dark finish forged aluminum-alloy wheels, 275/50R22 all-season tires, Dark Chrome headlight inner lens, Under running board with welcome lighting, Dark Chrome trim, Dark Chrome taillight inner lens
2016 Infiniti QX80 Performance
Under the hood of the 2016 QX80 is a 5.6-liter 32-valve V8 engine that generates an impressive 400 horsepower at 5800 RPM and 413 lb-ft of torque. Paired with a seven-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control, this model can do 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds and it can still tow up to 8,500 pounds when properly equipped. An independent double-wishbone suspension complements the powertrain, though it’s not ideal for off-roading.
2016 Infiniti QX80 Efficiency
Considering this model’s size, the fuel economy is what you would expect. The new QX80 gets an EPA-estimated 14/20 mpg (city/hwy). This model has a 26-gallon fuel tank, and it weighs 5,644 pounds. Compared to other models in its class, the QX80’s efficiency is nothing special.
2016 Infiniti QX80 Interior
The interior of the 2016 QX80 is sophisticated and high-tech, offering Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control to keep everyone in the backseats happy, standard Mocha Burl trim, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, real aluminum accents, and more. Bose speakers and Bluetooth pair well with the Infiniti Controller, and navigation and voice activation are standard. Infiniti Connection telematics keeps you connected, and tons of available features improve the interior atmosphere. Upper-level trims come with things like Bose Cabin Surround, suede and leather, Ash wood trim, and accent mats and lighting.
2016 Infiniti QX80 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80
- Interior Features: Three-blink turn signals, Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control system with microfilter, Heated front seats, Mild-flow vent located on upper dash, Rear-seat heater ducts under front seats, Front sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions, Power door locks with automatic locking feature, Eight-way power front-passenger’s seat, Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof, Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system and overhead ambient light, Overhead sunglasses storage, Dual overhead front map lights, Rear-seat reading lights, Lockable glove compartment, Front seatback map pockets, Nine cup holders, Four bottle holders, Front center console with adjustable armrest and storage compartment, Second-row center console armrest with two storage compartments, Front and rear carpeted floor mats, Power windows with illuminated switches and one-touch auto-up/down with auto-reverse feature, Leather-appointed seating, 10-way power driver’s seat, Entry/exit assist for driver’s seat and steering wheel, Mocha Burl trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Heated steering wheel, Aluminum kick plates, Second-row captain’s chairs with tip-up easy entry for third-row, Power 60/40-split fold-flat and reclining third-row seats
- Radio and Technology: Infiniti Voice Recognition for audio, navigation, and vehicle information systems; Infiniti Intelligent Key with Illuminated Push Button Ignition; 12-volt power outlet; Outside temperature display; Battery saver; Bose® 13-speaker Premium Audio system, including 2 subwoofers, AM/FM radio, single in-dash CD/DVD player with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS) and speed-sensitive volume control; Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology; Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Sonar System; USB port; SiriusXM Satellite Radio; Auxiliary audio port; Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls; Infiniti Controller for navigation, audio, climate-control, fuel economy, maintenance, and comfort and convenience features; Infiniti Navigation System with Lane Guidance and 3-D building graphics; NavTraffic with Real-Time Traffic information; Remote Engine Start System; Infiniti Connection® telematics system where applicable, including 1-year of safety, security and convenience services
Additional interior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80 Signature Edition
- Interior Features:Split Bench Seat Package, Saddle Tan High-Contrast Leather Appointed Interior
- Radio and Technology:Driver’s Assistance Package
Additional interior available on the 2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited
- Interior Features:Ultrasuede headliner and pillars, Unique silver center console buttons, Unique Floor mats and trunk mat, Truffle Brown leather with unique seat quilting, Open Pore Matte Finish Ash Wood, Leather covered grab handles and speaker grilles
- Radio and Technology:Single in-dash CD/DVD player with MP3 playback capability, Bose® Cabin Surround® 15-speaker sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding AM/FM radio, Radio Data System (RDS) and speed-sensitive volume control
2016 Infiniti QX80 Safety
The QX80 has many standard safety systems, as well as a range of driver assist technologies. Standard features include Around View and a Front/Rear Sonar System—great technologies for city driving and parking lots. An available Predictive Forward Collision Warning reduces the risk of a head-on crash, while the standard Active Brake Limited Slip system increases handling. For owners looking for added protection, the Signature Edition also comes with a Driver Assistance Package.
Standard Safety Features
- Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS)
- Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill start assist
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Driver and front-passenger front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Auto Hazard Warning Signal
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- Third-row 3-point seat belts with ELR and ALR
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Zone Body construction with reinforced passenger compartment and front and rear crumple zones
Shopping for Something Smaller? Take a look at the trims and features of the Infiniti Q50