2016 Kia Forte Koup Overview
If you want sporty style that offers some premium features, but don’t want to pay a hefty price, then the 2016 Kia Forte Koup is the vehicle for you. With a starting price tag of $19,890, this two-door sedan offers an endless list of standard features that you would most definitely have to pay for with other models. Features like standard SiriusXM satellite radio, steering wheel-mounted controls, and a 4.3-inch touchscreen display make the Forte Koup the perfect luxury vehicle. Add Kia’s top-notch UVO infotainment services, and it’s likely you won’t find a better coupe—or should we say Koup?—in the industry for its price.
A Rich History: Learn more about the history of Kia
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Forte Koup
There have been a few minor revisions to the list of standard and optional features for the 2016 Kia Forte Koup.
The 2016 Kia Forte Koup comes in two trims: EX and SX.
2016 Kia Forte Koup Photos:
2016 Kia Forte Koup Exterior
If the fact that the Forte Koup is a two-door doesn’t give away the fact that this car is meant to be sporty, then a single glimpse of the exterior will do just that. The 2016 Forte Koup brings athleticism to life with sculpted body lines, sweeping curves, and a standout front fascia that sets this model apart from its competition. Add the Koup’s available eye-catching HID headlights, and there’s no doubt that you will turn heads as you drive down the road.
2016 Kia Forte Koup Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the EX:
- 16-inch alloy wheels, Chrome door handle inserts, Dual heated power-folding side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Solar control glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Heated rear glass with timer, Project beam headlights, Auto light control, Front fog lights, LED positioning lights, Locking fuel-filler door
Exterior available on the SX:
- LED front fog lights, Dual chrome exhaust tips
2016 Kia Forte Koup Performance
The 2016 Kia Forte Koup comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Despite the Forte Koup’s relatively small size, this 2.0-liter engine pumps out some peppy power with 173 horsepower. This engine is only available with a six-speed automatic transmission.
For true power, consumers can turn to a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that churns out 201 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque. This engine, which is only available on the SX trim level, comes standard with a six-speed manual gearbox, though a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters is available as an option.
2016 Kia Forte Koup Efficiency
If you opt for the standard 2.0-liter engine, the EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating is 25 mpg city and 34 mpg highway, which gives it a combined rating of 28 mpg. The turbocharged 1.6-liter engine comes in with 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway with the standard six-speed manual transmission, while the six-speed automatic gets 22 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. Regardless, each transmission gets 25 mpg combined.
2016 Kia Forte Koup Interior
Despite its value-oriented price, the Kia Forte Koup is anything but an economy car. Rather than stuffing the Koup’s interior with plastic and low-quality materials, Kia has instead created a cabin that gives premium-level vehicles a run for their money. With a standard touchscreen interface, comfortable seating, and generous cargo space, the Forte Koup is truly unique in its segment. Available heated front seats keep both driver and passenger comfortable, while a six-speaker sound system with SiriusXM Radio makes it easy to stay in the groove while driving.
2016 Kia Forte Koup Interior Photos:
Interior available on the EX:
- Cloth seat trim, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, 60/40 split folding rear seat with center armrest and adjustable rear headrests, Soft-touch upper door panels, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Illuminated ignition key lock cylinder, Air conditioning, Remote keyless entry, Power door locks, Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto-up/down, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Cruise control, FlexSteer driver-selectable steering assist
- 6-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM audio system, 4.3-inch touchscreen audio display, rear camera display, Bluetooth wireless hands-free connectivity, USB and auxiliary input jack, Steering-wheel-mounted controls
Interior available on the SX:
- Alloy pedals, Push button start with Smart Key and Immobilizer
- UVO eServices infotainment system
2016 Kia Forte Koup Safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has not tested the 2016 Kia Forte Koup, but it has tested the Forte sedan and given its highest score of “Good” in its moderate-overlap frontal-offset impact tests, along with its side-impact, roof-strength, and whiplash protection tests.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- 3-point seat belts for all seating positions
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Rear child-safety door locks
Why Buy a Kia? Find out why a Kia model is right for you