2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Overview
The 2016 Kia Rio 5-Door is back with a sportier feel and plenty of luxurious amenities. A newly redesigned exterior—along with two new colors—makes the 2016 Rio 5-Door funkier and fresher than ever before. Check out what this fun-to-drive hatchback has to offer.
What’s New For the 2016 Kia Rio 5-Door?
The Kia Rio 5-Door has several updates for the 2016 model year. This includes two new colors—Urban Blue and Digital Yellow—and a new exterior redesign. The funky hatchback is also quieter than ever before thanks to improved sound-proofing, while the cabin also offers new technology features and an available two-tone Designer Package on the EX trim level.
The 2016 Kia Rio 5-Door is offered in three trim levels: LX, EX, and SX.
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Photos:
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Exterior
The Kia Rio 5-Door is turning up the style for the 2016 model year. With newly redesigned front and rear fascias, this popular hatchback looks more athletic than ever before. Standard 15-inch wheels add to the 2016 Rio 5-Door’s sporty appearance, while sculpted body lines and two new colors—Urban Blue and Digital Yellow—create a funky style that is hard to resist.
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the LX:
- Dual Body-Color Power Heated Mirrors, Rear Spoiler, Front Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, 15-inch Wheels with Full Covers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Body-Color Exterior Door Handles, Black Mesh Radiator Grille, Locking Fuel-Filler Door, Solar Control Glass, Heated Rear Glass w/ Timer
Exterior available on the EX:
- Front Fog Lights (Projector Beam), 15-inch Alloy Wheels, Black Mesh Radiator Grille w/ Chrome Surround
Exterior available on the SX:
- Auto Light Control, LED Positioning Lights, 17-inch Alloy Wheels, Projector Beam Headlights, Power-Folding Outside Mirrors, Power Sunroof w/ Tilt, Outside Mirrors with Turn-Signal Indicators, LED Rear Combination Lamps
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Performance
A 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine powers the 2016 Rio 5-Door, generating a peppy 138 horsepower and 123 pound-feet of torque. This perky engine is mated with a standard six-speed automatic transmission, which is the only transmission available. The powertrain sends power to the 5-Door’s front wheels, making it a fun-to-drive option for all.
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Efficiency
The 2016 Rio 5-Door has an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating of 27 miles per gallon in the city and 37 mpg on the highway. This allows the funky hatchback to achieve an overall combined mpg of 31.
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Interior
Inside the 2016 5-Door’s cabin, small changes have helped increase the hatchback’s sophisticated atmosphere. Whether you choose the base trim level or the premium SX, the list of standard features is endless, including SiriusXM® satellite radio and steering-wheel-mounted audio controls. For the EX trim, gray stitching on the steering wheel, center console armrest, and shifter add a premium feel to the cabin, while the additional satin-finish bezels on the center console add a touch of luxury. Because of its hatchback-style body the Rio 5-Door also has plenty of room for both cargo and passengers, making it a versatile vehicle that is hard to ignore.
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Interior Photos:
Interior available on the LX:
- 6-Way Adjustable Driver’s Seat, 60/40 Split-Folding Rear Seat, Front & Rear Door Map Pockets w/ Bottle Holder, Height-Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors, Active Eco System, Glove Box with Illumination, Rear-Seat Adjustable Headrests, Trip Computer, Woven Cloth Seat Trim, Tilt Steering Column, Air Conditioning, Dual Front Cup Holders, Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio Buttons
- 4 Speakers, AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® Satellite Audio System, USB/Auxiliary Input Jack, Bluetooth® Wireless Technology w/ Steering-Wheel-Mounted Control Buttons
Interior available on the EX:
- Power Windows w/ Driver’s One-Touch Auto-Up and Down, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, Steering-Wheel-Mounted Cruise Control Buttons, Premium Knit Cloth Seat Trim, Center Console w/ Sliding Armrest and Storage, Soft-Touch Dash, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel / Gearshift Knob, Cargo Under Floor Tray with Net, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Power Door Locks w/ Keyless Remote, Dual LED Map Lights
- 6 Speakers w/ A-Pillar-Mounted Tweeters
Interior available on the SX:
- Rear-Camera Display, Aluminum Pedals , Supervision Meter Cluster, Steering Wheel-Mounted Paddle Shifters
- Voice-Command Navigation with 7″ Color Touch-Screen Display, HD Radio™ Technology and SiriusXM Traffic, UVO eServices Infotainment System
2016 Kia Rio 5-Door Safety
The Rio 5-Door has many standard safety features, including dual front seat-mounted side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, Extronic Stability Control, antilock brakes, Hill Start Assist, and a top-notch LATCH system.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/ Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks