2016 Kia Soul EV Overview
If you are looking for a stylish car that is also eco-friendly, look no further than the 2016 Kia Soul EV. As the all-electric version of the Kia Soul, this EV offers the Soul’s funky styling with a zero emission powertrain. Offering a versatile interior, innovative electric motor, and affordable price, the 2016 Soul EV has it all.
Related: The History of Kia
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Soul EV
The Kia Soul EV has gained a new trim level for the 2016 model year, now offering three total. A new, lower price point is also a big change, offering the EV’s efficiency and long list of standard features for a significantly lower price. Other changes include a standard charge port nozzle lock, an illuminated USB/Auxiliary port, and two new exterior colors—Shadow Black and Bright Silver.
2016 Kia Soul EV Photos:
2016 Kia Soul EV Exterior
If you are looking to stand out, there’s no better way to do it than the 2016 Kia Soul EV. This stunning hatchback offers a sculpted, futuristic silhouette to consumers that like to express their unique style. With a two-tone color scheme, blue-accented projector beam headlights, and LED taillights, this Soul EV is a quirky consumer’s dream. Add the exclusive aerodynamic wheels, which help improve efficiency and range, and you have one hatchback that can’t be ignored.
2016 Kia Soul EV Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on EV-E:
- Body-color bumpers with contrasting color accents, Body-color front grille charge port door, Dual body-color and heated power mirrors, Auto light control, Projector beam headlights, Jewel type LED positioning lights, LED rear combination lamps, Solar control glass, Privacy glass, Heated rear glass with timer, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer
Exterior available on EV:
- Mirror-mounted LED turn signal indicators
Exterior available on EV+:
- Power-folding outside mirrors
2016 Kia Soul EV Performance
Never stop at the gas pump again with the 2016 Kia Soul EV’s pure electric powertrain. This EV is powered by an electric motor that is capable of reaching a maximum 109 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque. This motor is combined with an innovative 200 kWh Lithium Ion Polymer battery. There are two standard charging ports for the EV and the time to recharge the battery differs, ranging from 24 hours for a fully depleted battery to as little as 33 minutes if you merely want an 80% charge.
2016 Kia Soul EV Efficiency
If you’re wondering if the Soul EV will be able to get you to work and back without charging, worry no more. This electric car has a EPA-estimated range of 93 miles and an EPA-estimated 105 combined MPGe.
2016 Kia Soul EV Interior
The 2016 Soul EV’s interior isn’t just stylish—it’s just as eco-friendly as its powertrain. Through the innovative use of 52.7 pounds of bio-based organic interior content, the Soul EV earned recognition as the first vehicle to receive automotive environmental validation from Underwriters Laboratory for its eco-friendliness. This innovative use of recyclable and organic materials is just one example of how terrific the Soul EV interior truly is. Inside the cabin, you will find a variety of standard creature comforts, like heated front seats, a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, and soft-touch materials. The amount of comfort in the 2016 Soul EV isn’t exactly what you would expect, but it’s exactly what you want.
2016 Kia Soul EV Interior Photos:
Interior available on EV-E:
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio and cruise control buttons, Tilt and telescoping column, Power windows with driver one-touch auto-up/down and anti-pinch, Automatic climate control with cluster ionizer, Air induction control with Auto Defog System, Individual climate control, Electronic Parking Brake with auto hold, Glove box with illumination, Center console with armrest, Front and rear door bottle holders, Dual front cup holders, Day/night interior rearview mirror, Interior lighting with delay off, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Luggage under-floor tray, Bio fabric seat trim, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, Heated front seats, Height-adjustable front seatbelt anchors, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Rear-seat adjustable headrests, Bio-material interior trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Heated steering wheel, Soft-touch dash and upper door panels, Satin chrome interior door handles
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM audio system, 6 speakers with dash-mounted tweeters, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Illuminated USB/auxiliary input jacks, Supervision Meter Cluster with 3.5-inch Organic Light Emitting Diode color display, Trip computer, FlexSteer™, Active Eco system, Push-button start with Smart Key and immobilizer
Interior available on EV:
- Heat pump heating and air conditioning system, Climate scheduling
- UVO EV Services, Rear-camera display, Voice-command navigation with 8-inch display and HD Radio
Interior available on EV+:
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Cargo cover, Leather seat trim, Ventilated front seats, Heated rear seats, Leatherette meter hood, Leatherette door center trim inserts, Leatherette door armrest
- Parking Assist with front and rear sensors
2016 Kia Soul EV Safety
Not only is the 2016 Kia Soul EV stylish and eco-friendly—it’s also safe. The EV recently earned a 5-star Overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It also earned the highest possible rating of “Good” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in the side impact test, roof strength test, and rear crash protection/head restraint test.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor
- Front seatbelt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Antilock Braking System
- Pedestrian Warning System
- Electronic Stability Control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Rear child-safety door locks
Related: Buying vs. Leasing