2016 Kia Soul Overview
When it comes to unique styling, few cars can beat out the popular Kia Soul. For the 2016 model year, the Korean carmaker is bringing back the Soul with more features than ever before, which makes it a force to be reckoned with in the compact car segment. With plenty of ways to customize your Soul—not to mention a long list of standard technologies—the 2016 Kia Soul is the perfect fit for consumers looking to express themselves.
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Soul
The Kia Soul enters the 2016 model year with a variety of new style and feature updates, including standard alloy wheels. Base models can even come equipped with the Convenience Package, adding a 4.3-inch color touchscreen, SiriusXM® satellite radio, and a Rear Camera Display to its already long list of features.
The 2016 Kia Soul is offered in three trim levels: Base, + (Plus), and ! (Exclaim).
2016 Kia Soul Photos:
2016 Kia Soul Exterior
For individuals who like to show off their funky side, there is no better vehicle out there than the Kia Soul. When Kia first introduced the Soul, it shook up the automotive industry with its unique styling. Now, this compact car continues to do just that, with its slightly boxy shape and sporty front end. A special Designer Collection allows consumers to spruce up the 2016 Soul even more, adding a two-tone color scheme to the vehicle.
2016 Kia Soul Exterior Photos:
Exterior Available on Base:
- 16-inch alloy wheels, Matte black front and rear bumper inserts, Chrome and matte black front upper grille, Dual body-color power mirrors, Multi-reflector headlights, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer, Locking fuel-filler door, Privacy glass, Heated rear glass with timer
Exterior Available on + (Plus):
- 17-inch alloy wheels, Gloss black front and bumper inserts, Chrome and gloss black front upper grille, Heated outside mirrors, Auto light control, Front fog lights
Exterior Available on ! (Exclaim):
- 17-inch alloy wheels, Body color front and rear bumper inserts, Mirror-mounted LED turn-signal indicators
2016 Kia Soul Performance
The base engine on the 2016 Kia Soul is a 1.6-liter four-cylinder that generates a healthy 130 horsepower and 118 lb-ft of torque. Both the Plus and Exclaim models get a power boost thanks to a 2.0-liter engine that churns out 164 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque, giving the Soul plenty of energy. A six-speed manual transmission comes standard with the 1.6-liter engine, along with an optional six-speed automatic. The 2.0-liter engine comes exclusively with the six-speed automatic.
2016 Kia Soul Efficiency
The fuel efficiency of the 2016 Kia Soul varies depending on the powertrain option you choose. The 1.6-liter engine gets an impressive 26 mpg combined with both the manual and automatic transmissions. For the 2.0-liter engine, fuel efficiency raises just a touch, allowing the Soul’s outfitted with this engine to earn 27 mpg combined.
2016 Kia Soul Interior
When it comes to comfort, the 2016 Kia Soul doesn’t balk. This compact car combines modern lines, convenience, and a touch of funky style to offer consumers a cabin that is easy to fall in love with. Features like the available 4.3-inch color touchscreen, SiriusXM® satellite radio, and a Rear Camera Display make the Soul even more fun to drive. As you go up trim levels, you get even more goodies inside your vehicle, including Nappa leather seating, surround mood lighting, and a panoramic sunroof.
Interior available on Base:
- Tilt and telescopic steering column, FlexSteer™, Power windows with driver one-touch auto-down, Power door locks with two-turn entry system, Air conditioning, Glove box with illumination, Dual front cup holders, Front and rear door bottle holders, Day/night interior rear-view mirror, Interior lighting with delay off, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Woven and tricot cloth seat trim, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, Height-adjustable front seat-belt anchors, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Rear seat adjustable headrests, Soft-touch dash and upper door panels
- AM/FM/MP3/SiriusXM® Audio System, 6 speakers with dash-mounted tweeters, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity with steering-wheel mounted controls, USB/auxiliary input jack, Steering-wheel mounted audio controls, Trip computer
Interior available on + (Plus):
- Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto-up/down and anti-pinch, Front-seat center console with armrest, Rear-seat folding armrest with cup holder, Cargo cover, Woven cloth seat trim
- 4.3-inch color touch-screen audio display, Rear-camera display, Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Active Eco System, Remote Keyless Entry with folding key and illuminated ignition ring
Interior available on ! (Exclaim):
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror, Leather seat trim, 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with gearshift knob, Leatherette meter hood, Leatherette door center trim inserts, Leatherette door armrest, Piano Black accents, Satin chrome interior door handles
2016 Kia Soul Safety
Like many Kia models, the 2016 Kia Soul is focused on keeping all occupants safe. This compact car offers a number of standard safety features that will give you peace of mind. It even offers an optional Lane Departure Warning System and Forward Collision Warning System. With these technologies, you will definitely stay safe while out on the road.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted airbags
- 3-point seat-belts for all seating positions
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Front seat-belt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Antilock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Rear child-safety door locks