2016 Lexus ES Overview
The 2016 Lexus ES is a full-size luxury car that is ready to show you the best the automotive world can offer. This new generation was unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show earlier this year, and its updated make it more competitive than ever in a crowded luxury segment. For eco-conscious drivers, the Lexus ES is also available as a hybrid.
What’s New for the 2016 Lexus ES?
There are so many new features to the Lexus ES this model year. Perhaps the most striking is its newly sculpted exterior and updated interior. The car is also available in four new paint colors: Amber, Eminent White Pearl, Caviar, and Nightfall Mica. This Lexus is now also equipped with the Lexus Safety System +.
2016 Lexus ES Photos:
2016 Lexus ES Exterior
As part of the Lexus ES’s extensive upgrades, it now sports a new front fascia with a spindle grille. This model year also has significantly more satin chrome than its predecessor. The roofline has been a new shape, dubbed the “graceful roofline.” The headlights and taillights reflect the Lexus brand with their “L” shape.
2016 Lexus ES Photos:
Exterior available on ES 350:
- Power moonroof, Illuminated entry system, 17-inch split-10-spoke alloy wheels with high-gloss finish, LED daytime running lights, LED taillamps
Exterior available on ES 300h:
- 17-inch split-5-spoke alloy wheels, Illuminated entry system, LED daytime running lights, Power moonroof, LED taillamps
2016 Lexus ES Performance
The gas-powered Lexus ES is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that generates 268 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque. Buyers who choose the Lexus ES 300h hybrid will drive with a 2.5-liter in-line four-cylinder engine with 200 horsepower.
2016 Lexus ES Efficiency
According to Lexus estimates, the Lexus gasoline engine that equips the ES achieves 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway for a combined 24 mpg. The Lexus ES hybrid option has 40 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway, combining for 40 mpg overall. Actual mileage will be different for every driver.
2016 Lexus ES Interior
In the 2016 model year, Lexus ES buyers can choose between four seat colors: Parchment, Flaxen, Black, and Stratus Grey. Three different materials–leather, semi-aniline leather, and Lexus NuLuxe–are also available to choose from. Discerning buyers will be happy to know that there are also four unique styles of interior trim: Linear Dark Mocha Wood, Illustrious Piano Black, and Espresso Bird’s Eye Maple with Shimamoku ornamentation.
2016 Lexus ES Interior Photos:
Interior available on ES 350:
- Interior Features: Perforated NuLuxe interior trim, Dual-zone climate control, Power-adjustable front seats, Available Ultra Luxury Package
- Radio and Technology: HD Radio with iTunes tagging, Color LCD multi-informational display with Meter Link, Lexus Display Audio with color multimedia display and eight speakers, Bluetooth and USB smartphone connectivity, SmartAccess with push-button Stop/Start, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather updates via HD Radio
Interior available on ES 300h:
- Interior Features: Dual-zone climate control, Power-adjustable front seats, Perforated NuLuxe interior trim, Available Ultra Luxury Package
- Radio and Technology: Bluetooth and USB smartphone connectivity, HD Radio with iTunes tagging, SmartAccess with push-button Stop/Start, Lexus Display Audio with color multimedia display and eight speakers, Color LCD multi-informational display with Meter Link, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather updates via HD Radio
2016 Lexus ES Safety
The optional Lexus Safety System+ uses tools like Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, and intelligent high-beam headlamps to help drivers stay aware of the road around them. Standard safety features, like the Lexus Enform tools, work together with sensors in the vehicle to call for help if the worst should happen, or help law enforcement find your vehicle if it has been stolen.
Standard Safety Features:
- Smart Stop Technology
- Backup camera
- 10 standard airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Traction Control
- Lexus Enform Service Connect
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Lexus Enform Remote app
- High-Speed Radar Cruise Control
- Vehicle Proximity Notification System
- Whiplash Injury Lessening Front Seats
- Brake System