2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Overview
The 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan is an important vehicle, in that it marks the return of the Maybach brand, as a Mercedes-Maybach sub-brand. This sub-brand, of course, will feature ultimate luxury—even more refinement than Mercedes-Benz offers. (This’ll be similar to the Mercedes-AMG sub-brand, in that AMG specializes in performance.)
Check out our extensive gallery of 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 photos.
The 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan is offered in a single trim.
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Exterior
The exterior of the Mercedes-Maybach S600 is where the luxury first catches your eye, with all-LED exterior lighting, 20-inch multispoke alloy wheels, and an extended length (214.7 inches). It boasts a wheelbase of 132.5 inches and stands at 59.0 inches tall. If the 20-inch multispoke wheels aren’t quite your style, you can go with 19-inch multispoke alloy wheels, 19-inch twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, 20-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, or 20-inch Maybach Exclusive forged wheels, at no extra charge (and that’s good, because this thing starts at $189,350).
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Exterior Photos:
Exterior Features on the S600 Sedan
- Active full-LED headlamps; Rain-sensing windshield wipers; Four wheel choices at no additional cost: 19-inch multispoke alloy, 19-inch twin 5-spoke alloy, 20-inch 5-spoke alloy, 20-inch multispoke alloy; 15 color options; Optional rear spoiler ($500)
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Performance
A 6.0-liter biturbo V12 motivates the 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan. The engine is paired with a seven-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles and produces 523 horsepower and 612 lb-ft of torque. Performance features include MAGIC BODY CONTROL, Torque Vectoring Brake technology, and Electromechanical power steering. The Maybach S600 can sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5 seconds.
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Efficiency
The new S600 is equipped with Eco Start/Stop System, but even so, this ultra luxury machine cannot deliver the fuel economy numbers environmentalists like to see. At most, the S600 can get around 20 mpg on the highway and just 13 mpg in the city, for a combined rating of 15 mpg.
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Interior
Luxury continues into the interior with a handcrafted cabin and advanced technology. The all-LED lighting theme carries over from the exterior, and drivers benefit from a panorama roof, extended wood and leather trims, and more. Active multicontour front seats with massage and heated 12-way power front seats with memory are just a few of the standout comfort features. Keep things pleasant with a cabin fragrance system, and stay entertained with the latest in radio technology.
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Interior Photos:
Interior Features on the S600 Sedan
- Heated 12-way power front seats with memory, Active multicontour front seats with massage, Multicolor/multizone LED ambient lighting, Cabin fragrance system, Certified allergy-friendly cabin, Ventilated front seats, Power Executive rear seats with memory, Heated and ventilated rear seats, EASY-ADJUST rear-seat head restraints, Active multicontour rear seats with massage, Heated front seats PLUS, Heated rear seats PLUS, Heated armrests and door panels, Heated steering wheel, Exclusive Nappa leather upholstery, KEYLESS-GO, Cabin-air purification system, 4-zone automatic climate control, Electrically heated windshield, Illuminated door sills, Power rear-window sunshade, Power rear-side window sunblinds, Soft-close doors, Electronic trunk closer, HANDS-FREE ACCESS, Household-type 115V power outlet, Illuminated entry system, HomeLink™ garage door opener, Brake HOLD feature
- Dual 12.3-inch high-resolution screens, COMAND system with touchpad controller, Head-up display, Burmester 3D surround sound system, 80GB hard-drive navigation with three years of updates, In-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth® streaming audio with hands-free interface, HD Radio™ receiver, SiriusXM Radio with six-month All Access trial, SiriusXM Traffic and Weather with three years of service, 10GB Music Register, In-dash 6-disc DVD/CD changer and SD card reader, Rear Seat Entertainment system
2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600 Sedan Safety
The new Maybach S600 Sedan brings with it a whole slew of innovative active and passive safety technologies. Below is a short list of the features you can expect from this ultra luxury sedan.
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist
- Crosswind Assist
- Active Blind Spot Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist
- Night View Assist PLUS
- Surround View System
- Brake Assist
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL