2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Overview
It seems that nobody who makes sports cars cares much for the middle-class enthusiast. It appears that every true performance vehicle is ludicrously expensive, while lower-priced vehicles are limited to four-cylinder sedans and SUVs that handle like tanks.
Wait, Nissan produces a performance sports car that starts at around $30,000 MSRP, which is specifically good at handling and maneuverability?
The 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe comes in six trim levels: Base, Sport, Sport Tech, Touring, NISMO®, and NISMO Tech. It also comes with a number of NISMO optional add-ons, including a NISMO Cat-back Exhaust System, a NISMO Suspension Stabilizer Kit, and several more. Other options include an In-mirror RearView Monitor with HomeLink® and a Digital Compass, an Aerodynamic Kit (which includes a Front Chin Aero Deflector and Rear Decklid Spoiler), and several more.
What’s New for the 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe?
For 2016, Nissan has added a few enhancements to resolve noise issues with previous 370Z models. Previously, people have complained that the 370Z’s V6 produced a harsh noise, so Nissan added Active Noise Control and Active Sound Enhancing to all models equipped with the Bose audio system. The Active Noise Control is meant to reduce and remove low-frequency engine noise, while the Active Sound Enhancement is meant to make the engine sound sportier.
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Photos:
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Exterior
The 370Z Coupe looks ready to tear off down the road at any moment. This sensation is increased in Sport and NISMO trims as the Coupe gets a more aerodynamic body. This is especially so on the NISMO models–the NISMO trims get a unique NISMO body design with unique front and rear fascia, spoiler side sills, and rear spoiler. The Sport models get a front chin aero deflector and rear spoiler, which increase downforce for zero lifting in the front or rear.
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Base:
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Automatic headlights, HID Headlights, Front and rear stabilizer bars , LED daytime running lights
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport:
- Nissan sport brakes, Heated side view mirrors, 19-inch RAYS forged wheels, Body-color rear spoiler, LED-illuminated Z® side marker emblem
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport Tech:
- 19-inch RAYS forged wheels, Heated side view mirrors, Body-color rear spoiler, Nissan sport brakes, LED-illuminated Z® side marker emblem
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring:
- 18-inch black-finish aluminum-alloy wheels
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe NISMO:
- 19-inch NISMO® forged alloy wheels, NISMO® front and rear performance chassis dampers, NISMO® reinforced tower brace, NISMO® aerodynamic design
Exterior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe NISMO Tech:
- Same as NISMO®
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Performance
Every 2016 370Z Coupe is powered by a 3.7-liter V6 engine with a standard six-speed manual transmission (although a seven-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, paddle shifters, and Downshift Rev Matching is optional on every trim). The V6 gives the 370Z Coupe 332 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque in all non-NISMO trims. The NISMO V6 engines are specially tuned to produce more horsepower, pushing the energy up to 350 horsepower and 276 lb-ft of torque. According to Edmunds.com, these engines give the 370Z Coupe a 0-to-60 time of 5.3 seconds in lower trims and 5.2 seconds in the NISMO models.
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Efficiency
The 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe gets 18 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway with the manual transmission. With the addition of the optional automatic transmission, fuel economy improves, but only slightly—from 18 to 19 mpg in the city.
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Interior
The interior of the 2016 370Z Coupe is centered on the driving experience. The bolstered seats include a holding layer of anti-slip material to prevent movement in your seat while cornering. Pads on the sides of the center column protect your knees. The windshield pillars have been minimized to improve visibility. The steering wheel is oval-shaped. The gauges are large and adjust with the steering column. Altogether, the interior is specially formulated for a sports car with amazing handling.
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Base:
- Power windows, Tilt steering wheel, Power door locks, Eight-way adjustable driver’s seat, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport:
- Automatic cabin temperature control, Steering wheel-mounted cruise control, Eight-way adjustable driver’s seat, Active Noise Cancellation, Active Sound Enhancement
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Sport Tech:
- Speed-sensitive volume control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Touring:
- Synthetic suede door panel inserts, Rear cargo cover, Leather-appointed seats, Driver’s seat adjustable lumbar support, Aluminum-trimmed pedals, Power seats, Heated seats
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe NISMO:
- NISMO® Alcantara®/leather-wrapped steering wheel, NISMO® tachometer, NISMO® signature red interior stitching, NISMO® smooth leather-wrapped shift knob, Dash-mounted storage, Signature NISMO® interior trim, NISMO® Recaro® leather-appointed seats
Interior available on 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe NISMO Tech:
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe Safety
When it comes to the safety, the 2016 Nissan 370Z Coupe comes with antilock brakes, traction control, stability control, Nissan’s Advanced Air Bag System with side curtain airbags, and a number of other features. The Coupe also can have optional upgraded brakes, which can stop the 370Z from 60 mph in 106 feet.
Standard Safety Features:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System
- Active head restraints
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Vehicle Dynamic Control with Traction Control System
- Seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Aluminum side-door guard beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System