2016 Nissan Murano Overview
The 2016 Nissan Murano is still blowing customers away after its redesign for the 2015 model year. While most SUVs are created with kids in mind, the sophistication of the Murano makes it perfect for any type of driver and family. Print publications like US News & World Report are constantly giving the Murano new awards for its trophy case for being the best in its class and being a great value. Take a look at the trim levels and features below to see if this car earns a chance to impress you.
Shopping For A Sedan Instead? Learn more about the all-new 2016 Nissan Maxima
What’s New for the 2016 Nissan Murano?
After its 2015 redesign, the 2016 Nissan Murano remains relatively unchanged for the model year. As the model was so advanced when it was redesigned, Nissan is working to bring its features to the rest of the lineup.
2016 Nissan Murano Photos:
2016 Nissan Murano Exterior
The 2016 Nissan Murano boasts a contemporary look, setting it apart from the rest of the segment. The arched roof appears to be floating while the sides feature a curve that forms a beltline. At the rear, a swooping arch connects the taillights. The front end features Nissan’s V-motion grille with the aggressive, sporty, bold design also featured on the Maxima sport sedan. Aerodynamic as ever, the Murano’s design is sleek, laid back, and ready for adventure.
2016 Nissan Murano Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano S
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), 18-inch machine-finished split 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, Automatic on/off headlights, Chrome door handles, Rear privacy glass, Power outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, UV-reducing solar glass
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano SV
- Fog lights, Black roof rails, Vehicle speed-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano SL
- Power heated outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Silver roof rails, Power liftgate, Mirror position memory
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum
- LED headlights, 20-inch machine-finished aluminum alloy wheels
2016 Nissan Murano Performance
The Nissan Murano features a single engine in the lineup. The 3.5L V6 engine is capable of producing 260 hp and 240 lb-ft of torque. It’s paired to a continuously variable automatic transmission. With great passing power, the Murano gathers speed quickly while remaining smooth and easy on the ears.
2016 Nissan Murano Efficiency
With its V6 engine and continuously variable transmission, the 2016 Nissan Murano puts up very competitive numbers when it comes to fuel efficiency. No matter the model, the Murano earns an EPA-estimated 21 city/28 hwy/24 combined mpg. Whether the crossover is equipped with front wheel drive or all-wheel drive, fuel economy remains the same. The lack of a difference is due to the Murano’s aerodynamic design.
2016 Nissan Murano Interior
On the inside, the 2016 Nissan Murano features a low-set instrument panel with metallic trim around the center console, gauges, and steering wheel. Designed to be a panoramic space, the interior features distinct trims around the door panels and center console. Unlike some SUVs, the Murano isn’t designed with just families with small children in mind. Rather, it’s designed to appeal to an older buyer that cares about style.
2016 Nissan Murano Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano S
- Rear passenger air conditioning vents, Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) with in-cabin microfilter,Steering-wheel mounted cruise control, Power windows and locks, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Jasper Pearlescent or Brushed Silver-tone trim, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, 12-volt DC power outlets (3), 60/40-split fold-down rear seatbacks with cargo area-accessible levers, Cloth seat trims
- RearView Monitor, Advanced Drive-Assist Display with 7.0-inch WVGA color display, Hands-free text messaging assistant, Bluetooth hands-free Phone System, AM/FM/CD, Six speakers, MP3/WMA CD playback, AUX/USB input, SiriusXM, Bluetooth streaming and wireless technology, NissanConnect with Mobile Apps
Additional interior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano SV
- Eight-way power driver’s seat, Driver’s seat power lumbar support, Four-way power front-passenger’s seat, Leather-wrapped steering and shift knob
- SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, NissanConnect with Navigation and 8.0-inch multi-touch control color monitor, Remote Engine Start with Intelligent Climate Control, HD Radio, Radio Data System, Rear passenger USB connection, Speed-sensitive volume
Additional interior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano SL
- Driver’s seat memory, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Adjustable ambient interior lighting, Leather-appointed seating, Heated front seats
- HomeLink Universal Transceiver, Around View Monitor, Bose Premium Audio with AM/FM/CD, Driver Attention Alert (DAA), 11 speakers with dual subwoofers, Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Moving Object Detection (MOD)
Additional interior available on the 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum
- Power-tilt and power-telescoping steering column, Steering-wheel position memory, Climate-controlled front seats (heated and cooled), Heated rear seats
2016 Nissan Murano Safety
Overall, the 2016 Nissan Murano comes out with four out of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the Murano as a “Top Safety Pick+,” a rating that includes a “Superior” rating in front crash prevention.
Safety features include forward-collision warning with automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, surround-view camera system, as well as the usual features. Plenty of airbags, front active head restraints, electronic stability control, hill-start assist, and anti-lock brakes round out the list.
Standard Safety Features
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags
- Driver’s supplemental knee air bag
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (CDC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS)
- Three-point ALR/ELR front seat belt system
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Zone Body construction with crumple zones
- Hood buckling creases
What Speed Limit? Check out the latest Nissan GT-R