2016 Nissan Pathfinder Overview
The 2016 Nissan Pathfinder is a mid-size crossover SUV that provides seating for up to seven people. This vehicle comes with a starting MSRP of $29,830 and it’s also available in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive. The Pathfinder competes for sales with the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Chevrolet Traverse.
New Chevy Models: Have you seen the outdoors-inspired Silverado Realtree Edition?
What’s new for the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder?
The new 2016 Pathfinder doesn’t come with many changes. A cold weather package is now available for the SV trim, which includes a heated steering wheel and heated front seats. One other notable change is the SL model now comes standard with the heated steering wheel.
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Photos:
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Exterior
The outside of the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder offers a smooth and refined design, which is quite a contrast from the bulky vehicle it was in the past. For the 2016 model year, the Pathfinder comes standard with 18-inch alloy wheels, dual power outside mirrors, and rear black privacy glass. For those who can afford it, a SL Premium package is available that adds a panoramic sunroof and 360 degree camera. Exterior color options for the 2016 Pathfinder include Cayenne Red Metallic, Arctic Blue Metallic, Magnetic Black Metallic, Glacier White, and Java Metallic.
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder S
- 18-inch aluminum wheels, P235/65R18 all-season tires, Roof rails, Front UV-reducing solar glass, Rear privacy glass
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder SV
- Adds to or replaces features on S: Smart Auto Headlights, Fog lights, Front tow hook
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
- Adds to or replaces features on SV: Dual power heated mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature, Chrome body side moldings, Power liftgate with position memory
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: 20” aluminum wheels, P235/55R20 all-season tires, Dual Panorama moonroof, Tow hitch receiver with 7-pin wiring harness
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Performance
Underneath the hood of the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder is a 3.5-liter V6 engine good for 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque. That motor works with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) on both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models. Furthermore, the new Nissan Pathfinder can tow up to 5,000 pounds when equipped properly.
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder depends on the consumer’s choice between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive:
- The FWD Nissan Pathfinder yields 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
- The AWD Nissan Pathfinder yields 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
The new Pathfinder comes standard with a 19.5 gallon gas tank.
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Interior
The 2016 Nissan Pathfinder boasts an elegant and spacious interior cabin, which can seat up to seven people. Passengers in the first two rows enjoy vast amounts of leg room and the premium materials used in the vehicle’s interior make this SUV feel even more refined. The 2016 Pathfinder comes standard with tri-zone climate control, an AM/FM/6-CD audio system, and push button ignition. In addition, the new Nissan Pathfinder provides 79.8 cubic feet of available cargo space.
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder S
- Advanced Drive-Assist® Display, Push Button Ignition, Remote keyless entry, Tri-zone automatic temperature control, In-cabin microfilter, Power door locks with auto-locking feature, Power windows with driver’s one-touch auto-down, Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Intermittent rear window wiper, Front map lights, Rear reading lights, Two 12-volt DC power outlets, Sun visors with vanity mirrors, Tilt/telescoping steering column, 6-way manual adjustable driver’s seat with manual lumbar, 60/40 split fold-flat EZ Flex Seating System, Cloth seat trim, AM/FM/CD audio system with 6-CD changer, MP3/WMA CD playback capability, Auxiliary port, Six speakers, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder SV
- Adds to or replaces features on S: 7-inch color Information Center, Rear Sonar System, Nissan Intelligent Key, Power windows with front one-touch auto-up/down, Variable intermittent speed-sensitive windshield wipers, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Four 12-volt DC power outlets, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with manual lumbar, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, AM/FM/CD audio system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio 3-month trial subscription, Plug-in VTR jack, USB port, RearView Monitor, Remote Engine Start System, Radio Data System, Speed-sensitive volume control
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
- Adds to or replaces features on SV: Digital compass, Welcome lighting, 120-volt AC power outlet, 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar, Driver’s seat and outside mirrors position memory, 4-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, Leather-appointed seats and door trim, Heated front seats, Heated rear seats, Heated steering wheel, Wood-tone trim, Stainless steel kick plates
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Power tilt/telescoping steering column, Steering-wheel position memory, Platinum leather-appointed seats and door trim, Climate-controlled front seats, Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with 8-inch touchscreen and voice recognition, NavTraffic and NavWeather, Around View Monitor, 13-speaker Bose audio system with AM/FM/CD, DVD video player, Bluetooth wireless audio streaming
2016 Nissan Pathfinder Safety
The 2016 Nissan Pathfinder earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Besides coming standard with Nissan’s advanced airbag system and anti-lock brakes, the Pathfinder is also available with advanced safety technology such as blind-spot warning and a surround-view camera system.
Standard Safety Features
- Nissan Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental airbags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control with Traction Control System
- Active Brake Limited Slip
- 3-point ALR/ELR passenger seat belt system
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Adjustable head restraints for all rows
- LATCH System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
- Vehicle Security System
- Tim ShultsContributor
Tim Shults is the President of the Shults Auto Group. In his spare time he likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters.