2016 Nissan Sentra Overview
The 2016 Nissan Sentra is a compact sedan with a starting MSRP of $16,780. Two stand-out features of the new Sentra are its spacious interior and impressive fuel economy of up to 40 mpg on the highway. The Nissan Sentra competes in the small sedan segment with other popular models such as the Honda Civic, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra.
What’s new for the 2016 Nissan Sentra?
The 2016 Nissan Sentra has been redesigned and includes a new front fascia, fenders, hood, and grille, in order to make it look more like the Altima and Maxima models. The SR and SL trims now feature new LED headlights and an updated infotainment system is also available. The new Sentra offers more advanced safety features such as a blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control.
2016 Nissan Sentra Photos:
2016 Nissan Sentra Exterior
The exterior of the Nissan Sentra has been refreshed for the 2016 model year. Besides offering a new grille and LED highlights, the new Sentra also features additional chrome accents and door handles. The 2016 Sentra comes standard with 16-inch steel wheels, automatic headlights, and remote keyless entry. In addition, the higher level FE+S trim features a rear spoiler, underbody aerodynamic deflectors, and specialized tires. Exterior color options include Deep Blue Pearl, Super Black, Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, and Fresh Powder.
2016 Nissan Sentra Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra S
- P205/55HR16 all-season tires, Smart Auto Headlights, Halogen headlights, Dual power outside mirrors, Variable intermittent flat-blade windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra FE+®S
- Adds to or replaces features on the S: P205/55HR16 all-season low rolling resistance tires, Lower body side sill extensions, Chrome exhaust finisher, Rear spoiler
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SV
- Adds to or replaces features on the FE+®S: P205/55HR16 all-season tires, Lower body side sill extensions delete, Chrome exhaust finisher delete, Rear spoiler delete
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SR
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: 17 x 6.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, P205/50VR17 all-season tires, LED low-beam projector headlights with LED accents, Fog lights, LED taillights, Sport rear fascia, Rear spoiler with integrated LED brake light, Dual power heated outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SL
- Adds to or replaces features on the SR: LED taillights delete, Sport rear fascia delete, Rear spoiler with integrated LED brake light delete
2016 Nissan Sentra Performance
Each trim level of the resigned Nissan Sentra comes equipped with a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine good for 130 horsepower and 128 lb-ft or torque. The S and FE+ S models feature a standard six-speed automatic transmission. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is also available for the S and FE+ S trims. The CVT is standard for all other models.
2016 Nissan Sentra Efficiency
Fuel Economy for the 2016 Nissan Sentra depends on which transmission and trim level consumers choose:
- Sentras using the six-speed manual transmission provide EPA-estimated fuel economy of 27 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.
- New Sentras equipped with the CVT yield EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 29 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
- The FE+ S model boasts the best fuel economy of 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Nissan Sentra features a 13.2 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Nissan Sentra Interior
The interior of the Nissan Sentra is one aspect of the vehicle that consumers seem to compliment the most. Spacious and comfortable, the cabin of the Sentra is what you’d expect to find in a midsize sedan. The ’16 Sentra comes standard with air conditioning, Bluetooth connectivity, a USB port, 60/40-split folding rear seatbacks, and a four-speaker sound system with a CD player. The trunk of the Sentra provides 15.1 cubic feet of trunk capacity.
2016 Nissan Sentra Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra S
- Power door locks with auto-locking feature, Power windows with driver’s one-touch auto-up/down, Air conditioning with in-cabin microfilter, Cruise control with illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Overhead LED map lights, Passenger’s seatback pocket, Driver’s and front passenger’s seat lower cushion storage pockets, Center console with adjustable cup holders and storage bin, Front and rear door pockets, Height-adjustable 3-point front seat belts, Tilt and telescoping manually adjustable steering column, Sun visors with vanity mirrors and extensions, 6-way manual driver’s seat, 4-way manual front-passenger’s seat, Cloth seat trim, 60/40 Split fold-down rear seats, Silver interior trim, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Drive computer (average MPG/current MPG/distance to empty/average speed) with outside temperature display, Integrated Key with remote keyless entry and trunk release, Auxiliary 12-volt DC power outlet, Battery saver, AM/FM/CD audio system, Four speakers, USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices, Auxiliary audio input jack, MP3/WMA CD playback capability, Radio Data System, Speed-sensitive volume control, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra FE+®S
- Adds to or replaces features on the S: Rear seat center armrest with cup holders
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SV
- Adds to or replaces features on the FE+®S: Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges with chrome accents, Sliding front armrest, Premium cloth seat trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Piano Black interior trim, NissanConnect℠ with Mobile Apps, Hands-free text messaging assistant, Siri® Eyes Free, RearView Monitor, Advanced Drive-Assist® Display with 5.0″ color display, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, AM/FM/CD audio system with 5.0″ color monitor, Six speakers, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription, Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SR
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: Driver’s seatback pocket, Premium sport cloth seat trim, Heated front seats, Sport Silver interior trim
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Sentra SL
- Adds to or replaces features on the SR: Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) with in-cabin microfilter, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, 6-way power driver’s seat with 2-way power lumbar, Leather-appointed seats, Piano Black interior trim, NissanConnect℠ with Navigation and Mobile Apps including 5.8″ color touch-screen monitor and Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link®, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, AM/FM/CD audio system with 5.8″ color touch-screen
2016 Nissan Sentra Safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the 2016 Nissan Sentra its coveted Top Safety Pick distinction. In addition, the Nissan Sentra earned four out of a possible five stars in safety tests performed by the federal government. The new Sentra is available with advanced safety features such as a rearview camera, blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, and forward collision mitigation system with automatic braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBT)
- Four-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant-classification
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Hood buckling creases
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Pipe-style steel side-door guard beams
Tim Shults likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters.