2016 Scion iA Overview
Despite lowering gas prices, compact cars are still all the rage on American streets. Scion is looking to stake its claim in this segment with the introduction of the 2016 iA—an attractive sedan that offers an impressive list of standard features despite its low price tag.
The Scion iA is available in a single trim level, but comes with numerous options for accessories such as a rear bumper appliqué, navigation SD cards, door sill enhancements, alloy wheel locks, and a front center armrest.
Learn More: Check out the complete details of the Scion iA
What’s New for the 2016 Scion iA?
2016 Scion iA Photos:
2016 Scion iA Exterior
The Scion iA sedan is anything but boring. A large grille dominates the front end, while slanted headlights curve around the sides of the car. Sixteen-inch alloy wheels are standard, giving the iA a luxurious look right off the bat. The sedan boasts a streamlined shape that’ll make passersby look twice, while fancy touches like a chrome-tipped exhaust and halogen headlights give the sedan a premium feel.
2016 Scion iA Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on iA
- 16-inch alloy wheels, Power mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Variable intermittent front windshield wipers, Chrome-tipped exhaust, Daytime running lights, Halogen headlamps
2016 Scion iA Performance
As an entry-level sedan, the 2016 Scion iA has a respectable 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, good for 106 horsepower and 103 lb-ft of torque. While this is by no means the most powerful engine on the road, the iA’s compact size gives it a zippy feel despite its slightly lackluster motor.
The Scion iA comes with a standard six-speed manual transmission, though a six-speed automatic is also available for those who prefer not to drive stick.
2016 Scion iA Efficiency
A small engine and compact size mean that the 2016 Scion iA boasts some pretty nifty fuel efficiency numbers. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, the sedan is rated at 31 mpg in the city, 41 mpg on the highway, and 35 mpg combined. For those who choose the six-speed automatic transmission, those numbers rise to 33/42/37 mpg city/highway/combined.
2016 Scion iA Interior
For a vehicle that costs less than $17,000, the 2016 Scion iA has an impressive laundry list of standard interior features that would appear at home on a more expensive, premium model. A backup camera allows drivers to get a better view of the road when reversing, while the Display Audio system lets occupants enjoy the drive by accessing media easily via a 7-inch touchscreen display. The iA also boasts push-button start, dual USB ports, and cruise control—all features that similarly priced vehicles are often lacking.
2016 Scion iA Interior Photos:
Interior available on iA
- Backup camera, Power windows, Power door locks, Remote keyless entry system, Push button start, Tilt/telescoping wheel with audio controls, Cruise control, Sport front bucket seats, 60/40 split fold-flat rear seats, Height-adjustable driver’s seat, Dual sun visors with vanity mirrors
- 7-inch touchscreen display audio, Multi-function command controller, Auxiliary audio jack, Two USB ports with iPod connectivity, Bluetooth hands-free phone capability and music streaming, AM/FM/HD radio, Internet radio integration, Voice recognition, Six-speaker audio system
2016 Scion iA Safety
In the case of the 2016 Scion iA, small doesn’t mean unsafe. The sedan is equipped with a low-speed pre-collision system as a standard feature, which puts it miles ahead of its competition. This system uses an infrared laser sensor located in the windshield to apply braking power if and when it determines that a frontal collision is imminent. Other standard safety features are listed below.
Standard Safety Features
- Front and rear side curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags
- Dynamic stability control
- LATCH anchors for children
- Traction control
- Anti-lock brake system
- Brake assist
- Electronic brake-force distribution
- Low speed pre-collision system
- Brake override system
What is Scion Pure Price? This is why buying a Scion is such an awesome experience