2016 Scion iM Overview
Scion’s lineup isn’t as vast as most automakers’, but it’s definitely more concise and appealing to a very specific audience–the elusive Millennials. The iM hatchback combines sporty looks with a decked-out interior and an affordable price of just $19,255 MSRP, making it a realistic and desirable option for new drivers, college students, and professionals just starting out.
What’s New for the 2016 Scion iM?
The 2016 Scion iM is an all-new model. Scion initially debuted the hatchback as a concept vehicle at last year’s LA Auto Show. Shortly after, the automaker announced that the concept would become a reality. Less than a year later, the iM is available at dealerships in a single trim level with various customization options.
2016 Scion iM Photos:
2016 Scion iM Exterior
The Scion iM boasts sporty looks that are both practical and eye-catching. The hatchback comes with six exterior color choices: Black Sand Pearl, Electric Storm Blue, Barcelona Red Metallic, Spring Green Metallic (which looks more yellow), Classic Silver Metallic, and Blizzard Pearl. The single-trim model is extremely well-appointed, with features like power-folding heated mirrors, automatic headlights, and LED running lights.
2016 Scion iM Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the iM
- 17-inch alloy wheels, Power folding heated exterior mirrors with LED turn signals, Variable intermittent wipers, Rear window wiper, Chrome-tipped exhaust, Projector-beam halogen headlamps with auto on/off feature, LED Daytime Running Lights, Rear combination lights with LED stop lights, Sport body kit
2016 Scion iM Performance
Powered by a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine capable of 137 horsepower and 126 lb-ft of torque, the 2016 Scion iM isn’t the fastest car on the road, but its engine is more than adequate for its size and price tag. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, but you can opt for a continuously variable transmission (CVT) instead if you prefer.
2016 Scion iM Efficiency
The 2016 Scion iM really shines when it comes to fuel efficiency. When mated with the manual transmission, the iM’s engine yields 27 mpg city, 36 mpg highway, and 31 mpg combined. The CVT increases these numbers slightly, to 28/37/32 mpg city/highway/combined.
2016 Scion iM Interior
You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the Scion iM’s well-appointed interior when you first set foot behind its steering wheel. The hatchback’s leather-wrapped steering wheel would easily be at home in a more luxurious model. Buttons on the steering wheel make for easy control of the infotainment system and Bluetooth hand-free calling, while optional navigation will help get you to your destination with ease.
2016 Scion iM Interior Photos:
Interior available on the iM
- Dual-zone auto climate control, Power windows and locks, 4.2-inch color multi-info display, Leather-trimmed steering, Sport front bucket seats, Eco-driving indicator
- 7.0-inch touchscreen audio display, Auxiliary audio jack, USB/iPod connectivity, Bluetooth, AHA Internet Radio integration, Voice recognition, Backup camera
2016 Scion iM Safety
With a standard backup camera, the Scion iM makes parking and backing up safer and easier. The hatchback also offers a vast array of airbags, including front seat side airbags, side curtain airbags, a driver’s knee airbag, and a front passenger seat cushion airbag.
Standard Safety Features
- Star Safety System (TRAC, VSC, ABS, etc.)
- Advanced airbag system
- LATCH child safety system
- Whiplash reduction structure
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- First Aid Kit