2016 Toyota Sienna Overview
The Toyota Sienna is the ultimate family vehicle—just ask Busta Rhymes and Mark Wahlberg. With the Sienna, Toyota wants to get rid of the negativity associated with the word “minivan” and concentrate on the car’s many uses—from hauling your family around to helping your kid move to college. The 2016 model offers plenty of high-tech features across a range of models in various price ranges, which means it’ll suit a wide range of families.
Celebrity Rides: Check out the 5 coolest cars from Cristiano Ronaldo’s Instagram
What’s New for the 2016 Toyota Sienna?
The Toyota Sienna carries over into the 2016 model year relatively unchanged from 2015. This includes the return of the popular Sienna Outdoor Package, which offers roof rack crossbars, all-weather floor mats, mud guards, and door sill protectors.
The 2016 Toyota Sienna is offered in five trim levels: L, LE, SE, XLE, and Limited. All models are available with all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive except the L and SE, which come with FWD only. The Sienna’s nine color choices include Silver Sky Metallic, Super White, Midnight Black Metallic, Predawn Gray Mica, Salsa Red Pearl, Crème Brulee Mica, Sky Blue Pearl, Blizzard Pearl, and Shoreline Blue Pearl.
2016 Toyota Sienna Photos:
2016 Toyota Sienna Exterior
Like all minivans, the 2016 Sienna was designed for practicality rather than style, but the Sienna is definitely one of the best-looking van options out there. Its low, upward-tapering grille is unmistakably Toyota, bringing to mind the design of less family-oriented vehicles. The SE and Limited trim levels come with LED headlights and daytime running lights. The Sienna SE is one of the sportiest minivans out there, meaning you don’t have to resign yourself to a life of blah vehicles just because you’re a parent.
2016 Toyota Sienna Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on L
- 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature, Power outside mirrors with blind spot mirrors, Windshield wiper de-icer, Engine immobilizer
Exterior available on LE
- Color-keyed front grille with chrome surround, Color-keyed heated power outside blind spot mirrors, Dual power sliding side doors and power liftgate with jam protection, Privacy glass on rear windows, Black roof rails
Exterior available on SE
- 19-inch 6-spoke gunmetal-finished alloy wheels, Projector-beam halogen headlights with smoked sport trim and auto on/off feature, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Sport mesh grille, Chrome-accented outside door handles, Fog lights
Exterior available on XLE
- 17-inch 7-spoke machined-finish alloy wheels, Metallic front grille with chrome surround, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with blind spot warning indicators, Chrome-accented outside door handles with touch-sensor lock/unlock feature
Exterior available on Limited
- 18-inch 10-spoke machined-finish alloy wheels, Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature and LED DRL, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with blind spot warning indicators and memory feature
2016 Toyota Sienna Performance
In previous years, Toyota has offered the Sienna with a choice between a four-cylinder engine and a V6. Now, though, the automaker has dropped the four-cylinder option, so the Sienna is available with the 3.5-liter V6 only. This engine is married to a six-speed automatic transmission, and is capable of producing a not-too-shabby 266 horsepower.
2016 Toyota Sienna Efficiency
Efficiency ratings for the 2016 Toyota Sienna depend on whether you choose your minivan with FWD or AWD. With FWD, the Sienna yields 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway for a combined rating of 21 mpg. If you choose AWD, those numbers drop slightly to 16 mpg city, 23 mpg highway, and 19 mpg combined.
2016 Toyota Sienna Interior
Inside, the 2016 Toyota Sienna is exactly what you would expect: spacious and practical. You can choose between a bench seat or two captain’s chairs for the second row, while the third row boasts a bench seat; this means the Sienna can seat up to eight passengers. The Sienna’s wraparound dashboard means that the controls stay close to the driver, making it easier and safer to control things like the temperature and the infotainment system.
The Sienna also comes with an available dual moonroof, making the minivan seem even more spacious. Available leather seats and dual-view Blu-ray player are designed to keep passengers comfortable and entertained on longer road trips—a must-have for any family. Finally, features like the Smart Key System and power liftgate make it easier to get in and out of the Sienna when you have your hands full.
2016 Toyota Sienna Interior Photos:
Interior available on L
- Features: Seating for seven with second-row captain’s chairs, Soft-touch materials, Three-zone automatic climate control, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, 4-way adjustable front passenger seat, 60/40 Split & Stow Row™ seat, 3.5-inch LCD multi-information display, Four LATCH locations
- Radio and Technology: Entune™ Audio, Integrated backup camera
Interior available on LE
- Features: Seating for up to eight, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, 40/20/40 second-row seat with tip-up and long-slide feature and stowable center seat, Second- and third-row sunshades
- Radio and Technology: Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation
Interior available on SE
- Features: Perforated leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats, Sport instrumentation with 4.2-inch color TFT multi-information display
- Radio and Technology: Same as LE
Interior available on XLE
- Features: Leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats, Leatherette-trimmed 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row™ seat, Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with controls, Smart Key System™ with Push Button Start
- Radio and Technology: Same as LE
Interior available on Limited
- Features: Seating for seven with premium leather-trimmed second-row captain’s chairs and available lounge seating, Power third-row seat (FWD only), Premium leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats, Heated leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with controls
- Radio and Technology: Entune Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite, Front and rear parking assist sonar
2016 Toyota Sienna Safety
With a vehicle this size, safety is a given. The 2016 Sienna is equipped with multiple airbags, plenty of LATCH anchors for child car seats, and child-protector door locks. The Toyota Sienna was recently named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), and was awarded five out of five stars for safety by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Standard Safety Features
- Star Safety System™— includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- Driver front airbag and front passenger Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, passenger-seat airbag and all-row side curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger active headrests
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractors (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts
- Adjustable seatbelt anchors on front and outboard second-row seats and driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- Four LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) locations: includes lower anchors on outboard second-row seats, and passenger-side and center third-row seats
- Child-protector rear door locks
- High-tensile-strength steel body panels
- Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones and side-impact door beams
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- ToyotaCare featuring a no cost maintenance plan with roadside assistance
More Celebrity Rides: Learn about these 5 celebrities who surprisingly own Jeep Wranglers