2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Overview
The Volkswagen Golf family is a fun group of cars to drive, and the awards received by the line are a testament to their quality. For drivers who are concerned about the environment (as we all should be), the electric VW e-Golf is the perfect choice to get you where you’re going without a drop of fuel. Taking away the gasoline did nothing to diminish the genius of the vehicle, as it comes loaded with Bluetooth, VW Car-Net App-Connect, and other cutting-edge technology to assist the driver.
Another VW EV on the Way: Check out the new EV being developed by VW
What’s New for the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf ?
The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf gains a new MIB II infotainment audio system with Car-Net App-Connect technology and a new Drive Assistance package.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Photos:
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Exterior
No matter how many makeovers and redesigns you can put a Golf through, it remains a Golf. That’s why the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf is instantly recognizable wherever you drive it, whether in an American suburb or somewhere on the other side of the world. The e-Golf features crisp lines, a new narrow horizontal grille, a low stance, and a wide track, giving it a muscular, almost sporty appearance.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SE:
- Integrated rear spoiler, Front grille with blue accent, Automatic halogen headlights, Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Electrically heated windshield, Heated washer nozzles, Rain-sensing wipers, LED Daytime Running Lights, 16-inch Astona alloy wheels
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium:
- Full LED headlights
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Performance
Under the hood of the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf is a synchronous permanent-magnet AC motor that, in Normal mode, produces 115 horsepower and a mighty 199 lb-ft of torque, which will surprise you every time you take off at a green light. Power is reduced to 94 horsepower and 162 lb-ft in Eco mode and even further down to 74 horsepower and 129 lb-ft in Eco+ mode.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Efficiency
In Normal mode, the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf consumes around 29 kWh per 100 miles traveled. Its official range is 83 miles per charge, though it can go further if you engage either of the Eco modes and/or drive with a light foot. Its EPA-rated fuel economy equivalent is 126/105 MPGe city/highway.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Interior
The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf’s interior comes with plenty of standard features and an upscale look that feels like it should belong in a more expensive vehicle. Soft-touch surfaces, high-quality materials, and piano-black accents (on the higher trims) abound, and it’s easy to get comfortable thanks to the generous shoulder room in both rows. Cargo-hauling is also easy thanks to the 60/40-split rear-folding back that opens up 52.7 cubic feet of space when lowered.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SE
- Interior Features: Two 12-volt power outlets, Climatronic dual-zone auto climate control, Heated front seats, Cloth seating
- Technology Features: Multi-function trip computer, VW Car-Net App-Connect, Touchscreen sound system with proximity sensor, Eight speakers, Bluetooth, Rearview Camera System, AM/FM/HD Radio with voice control
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium
- Interior Features:Self-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering, Ambient door trim accent lighting, V-Tex leatherette seating, V-Tex leatherette door trim, Chrome work package with Iridium metal trim
- Technology Features: Park Distance Control (Park Pilot), 8-inch touchscreen navigation, 7.2 kW onboard charger with SAE combo DC fast charger
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Safety
The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf comes standard with front side airbags, side curtain airbags, antilock disc brakes, traction control, stability control, a rearview camera, and a post-crash braking system that automatically applies the brakes after a crash to reduce the odds of a second one. Though the e-Golf hasn’t been tested, the Golf upon which it is based was named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), its highest honor.
Standard Safety Features
- Immobilizer III theft-deterrent system
- Anti-lock braking (ABS)
- Brake override system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Anti-Slip Regulation
- Engine Braking Assist
- Hydraulic Brake Assist
- Advanced airbags
- LATCH child safety system
- Intelligent Crash Response System
Keep Your Car Running Well: Learn the answers to common vehicle service questions