2016 Volkswagen Touareg Overview
The 2016 Volkswagen Touareg may have a name that’s hard to spell, but it’s not difficult to see why customers love this SUV. It’s lower price in 2016 makes it better than ever, and its upscale features are those more often found in luxury models. Volkswagen’s vehicles are routinely rewarded for their longevity and quality, and shoppers looking for a larger car should consider this model.
How About a Sedan: Learn more about the 2016 Volkswagen CC
What’s New for the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg?
The new Touareg has a redesigned exterior, equipment upgrades, and a whopping $2,000 price reduction compared to previous model years. Owners will be impressed with subtle design changes, giving the Touareg a bold and capable feel while retaining an air of unparalleled sophistication. The exterior, performance, efficiency, interior, and safety have all been upgraded, while the hybrid version of this model has been dropped from the lineup.
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Photos:
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Exterior
The Touareg has carried over some of its signature exterior features, including a dual chrome-tipped exhaust, Bi-Xenon high-intensity automatic lights, notable LED Daytime Running Lights, LED taillights, and 18-inch Arica alloy wheels. Cool convenience options include a remote tailgate, heated side mirrors, heated windshield washer nozzles, and even power-assisted vented disc brakes. The body is sculpted and luxurious, and the grille is an iconic VW design.
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Sport
- Bi-Xenon high-intensity automatic headlights, Dual chrome-tipped exhaust tips, Remote opening and closing power tailgate with closing assist, Heated side mirrors with integrated flood lighting, 18-inch all-season tires, Heated windshield washer nozzles, Trailer hitch preparation, 4MOTION® permanent AWD system, Power-assisted vented disc brakes for front and rear, LED Daytime Running Lights, LED taillights, Halogen reflector lens foglights, 18-inch Arica alloy wheels
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Sport With Technology
- Hands-free easy open liftgate
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Lux
- Park Distance Control (Park Pilot), Panoramic sunroof, 19-inch Salvador wheels
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Executive
- 20-inch Montauk wheels, Lane Departure Warning, Overhead View Camera, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Executive with 21″ Mallory wheels
- 21-inch Mallory alloy wheels
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Performance
While VW has dropped the hybrid powertrain option, the Touareg comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.. The V6 comes with 280 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. The 4MOTION permanent AWD system lets you tackle any terrain with confidence, a technology that combines intelligence with brute power.
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Efficiency
The standard V6 gets an EPA estimated 17/23/16 mpg. A lightweight chassis and aluminum wheels also help improve fuel economy, offering a smooth, fast ride without guzzling gas.
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Interior
Despite a $2,000 price reduction, the Touareg comes with more options and features than ever before. Many of these are comfort and convenience features, upgrading the vehicle’s sophistication. This includes available 14-way power seats with ventilation, a power-adjustable steering column, and more. Climatronic dual-zone automatic climate control keeps you comfortable, while leatherette trim and an available sunroof on the Lux edition ensure premium luxury.
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Sport
- Interior Features: Self-dimming rearview mirror with on/off switch, Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel, Premium color multi-function instrument cluster display, Height-adjustable and telescoping steering column, Heated front seats, 8-way power, Climatronic® dual-zone automatic climate control with pollen filter and rear passenger ventilation, HomeLink® garage door opener integrated into sun visor, Four 12V power outlets, 2 radio-frequency remote transmitter key fobs, 115V power outlet, V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces adjustable front seats
- Radio and Technology: Bluetooth® technology, Media Device Interface (MDI) with iPod® cable, RCD 550 touchscreen sound system with 6.5-inch color display, HD Radio, SD memory card reader, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription, 8 speakers
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Sport With Technology
- Interior Features: Premium touchscreen navigation,Rearview camera, Keyless access with push-button start
- Radio and Technology: RNS 850 premium touchscreen navigation with 3D landmarks and 60GB hard drive, SiriusXM Traffic™ with 4-year subscription, 8-inch color display
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Lux
- Interior Features: Panoramic sunroof, Park Distance Control (Park Pilot), 19-inch Salvador wheels
- Radio and Technology: Vienna leather seating surfaces, 14-way power-adjustable front seats with 4-way lumbar support and driver seat memory
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Executive
- Interior Features: Heated rear seats, Power-adjustable steering wheel with memory, Adaptive Cruise Control
- Radio and Technology: Dynaudio® premium sound system, 620-watt stereo, 10 speakers
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Executive with 21″ Mallory wheels
- Interior Features: Same as Executive trim
- Radio and Technology: Same as Executive trim
2016 Volkswagen Touareg Safety
This model has the same great safety features as previous model years, with upgraded active and passive high-tech systems. These include things like lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, an emergency automatic braking system, and more. You can rest at ease when you’re behind the wheel of the Touareg, as it has some of the most advanced safety systems in the industry.
Standard Safety Features
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Automatic Locking Retractors (ALR)
- Driver and front passenger, front and side thorax airbag supplemental restraint system
- Crash-optimized front end
- Side Curtain Protection® head airbags, front and rear
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Brake override system
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat anchor points
- Passenger Occupant Detection (PODS)
- Reinforced safety cage construction
- Safety belt Emergency Locking Retractors (ELR) for all seating positions
- Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD)
- Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC), including Electronic Differential Lock (EDL)
- Crash-optimized pedal controls
- Engine Braking Assist (EBA)
- Hill Descent Assist (HDA)
- Rollover sensor system
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
Are You Ready? Check out some key spring car maintenance tips