2016 Volvo S80 Overview
Volvo’s flagship luxury sedan comes complete with both an elegant appearance and superior performance, which makes its starting MSRP of $43,450 a bit of a surprise. The 2016 Volvo S80 features a standard FWD T5 Drive-E powertain that comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with direct injection matched with an eight-speed geartronic automatic transmission. The five-passenger sedan also comes with advanced safety features such as a blind spot information system and four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes.
What’s New for the 2016 Volvo S80?
The 2016 S80 sedan comes standard with Volvo’s IntelliSafe technology, which includes LED daytime running lights, active high beam, cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, and many other safety features that Volvo has made famous.
2016 Volvo S80 Photos:
2016 Volvo S80 Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Volvo S80 exudes both classiness and superiority. The 2016 Volvo S80 features standard 18-inch alloy wheels and all-season tires. Exterior color options for the 2016 Volvo S80 include Ice White, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, Ember Black Metallic, Savile Grey Metallic, Magic Blue Metallic, Black Stone, and Bright Silver Metallic.
2016 Volvo S80 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Volvo S80
- 18-inch alloy wheels, All-season tires, Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers, Rear defogger, Power glass sunroof, Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Dual exhaust pipes
Exterior available on the 2016 Volvo S80 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features from S80: Active dual Xenon headlights with washers
2016 Volvo S80 Performance
The 2016 Volvo S80 luxury sedan features a standard 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with direct injection, which is capable of 240 horsepower and 258-lb-ft of torque.
2016 Volvo S80 Efficiency
The 2016 Volvo S80 features respectable fuel economy of up to 25 mpg in the city, 37 mpg on the highway, and 29 mpg combined. Additionally, this luxury sedan comes with fuel capacity of 18.5 gallons.
2016 Volvo S80 Interior
The interior of the 2016 Volvo S80 was designed to be comfortable and spacious, as it includes ventilated soft leather seats and plenty of space to stretch out with its 41.9 inches of front seat leg room. The 2016 Volvo S80 sedan also features an available Harmon Kardon premium 12-speaker sound system, power glass moonroof, and 14.9 cubic feet of cargo capacity.
2016 Volvo S80 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Volvo S80
- 8-way power-adjustable heated leather bucket front seats, Split-folding rear seatback, Rear ventilation ducts, One-touch power windows, Cruise control, Tilt and telescoping leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, Universal remote transmitter, Dual zone climate control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Ambient temperature gauge, Illuminated gearshift knob
Interior available on the 2016 Volvo S80 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features from S80: Accent lighting, Rear park assist camera, Front and rear park assist, Grocery bag holder, Quick fold passenger seat
2016 Volvo S80 Safety
Volvo’s goal is to have zero fatalities involving any of its vehicles by 2020. The 2016 Volvo S80 will come standard with Volvo’s advanced IntelliSafe and Volvo On Call safety technologies. The Platinum trim level will also come available with lane-departure warning and collision warning with full auto brake.
Other Standard Safety Features
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Emergency Service
- LATCH child seat anchors
- Four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes
- Stability control
- Front fog driving lights
- Daytime running lights
- Traction control
- Post-collision safety system
- Pre-collision safety system
- Front and rear head airbags
- Emergency braking preparation