2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Overview
Often called the “world’s first seven-passenger plug-in hybrid electric vehicle,” the 2016 Volvo Xc90 T8 features twin-engine performance, advanced technology, and all the innovative safety features the Swedish brand is famous for. The innovative plug-in hybrid technology offers the option of driving in either pure, hybrid, or power mode, which allows the driver to reduce or boost the vehicle’s power depending on their particular driving needs at any moment.
The 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 is a plug-in hybrid that comes in three trim levels: Momentum, R-Design, and Inscription.
What’s New for the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8?
The 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 comes with an AeroVironment Turbocord that allows for standard level 1 charging from a traditional power outlet, as well as level 2 charging capabilities, which can recharge the XC90 T8’s battery in only two and a half hours.
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Photos:
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 is definitely easy on the eyes with its modern design features and beautiful alloy wheels. Each trim level comes with various exterior differences, but every trim features the XC90’s stunning grille design.
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Momentum:
- Aluminum roof rails, Dual integrated tailpipe, High-gloss black front grille, Turbine silver alloy wheels, LED headlamps, Illuminated sill plates
Exterior available on the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design:
- R-Design lower front spoiler and grille, R-Design silk-metal mirror covers and window trim, R-Design dual integrated tail pipes, 20-inch alloy wheels in Tech Matte Grey
Exterior available on the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription:
- Diamond-cut silver alloy wheels, Inscription front grille design, Silver exterior mirror covers
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Performance
The 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 combines a 2.0-liter direct-inject turbo and supercharged Drive-E four-cylinder engine with an electric motor, which work together to produce 400 horsepower and 472 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Volvo XC90 also features an eight-speed Geartronic automatic transmission with all-wheel drive and ECO+ technology.
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Efficiency
The 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 features some of the most innovative engineering that the automobile industry has to offer. Because of the XC90 T8’s twin engine design and innovative plug-in hybrid technology, this Volvo can travel at speeds of up to 75 mph using only the electric motor. The high storage capacity of its lithium-ion battery allows the XC90 to travel 25 miles using only electric power. For more muscle, the 2016 XC90 T8 allows the option to switch between all-electric, hybrid, and pure driving modes. Volvo has suggested that fuel economy for the 2016 XC90 T8 will arrive at 59 MPGe, when using just the hybrid option.
2016 Volvo xc90 T8 Interior
The interior of the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 features all of the latest luxuries that you would expect from a vehicle that Car and Driver called “an SUV fit for kings.” Available walnut inlays, chrome accents, and Nappa leather seats highlight the XC90 T8’s spacious interior.
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Momentum:
- Flat-folding three-split rear seat, Heated seats, Four-zone electronic climate system, Leather interior, Cross Brushed Aluminum Inlays
Interior available on the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design:
- R-Design pedals, R-Design badging, Perforated leather gearshift knob and steering wheel, Nubuck/Nappa leather contour seats, R-Design Mats, Paddle Shifters
Interior available on the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription:
- Inscription badging, Linear walnut wood inlays, Chrome accents, Nappa leather seats and trim, Inscription floor mats
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Safety
Volvo’s vision is that “no one will be seriously injured or killed in a new Volvo by 2020.” The Swedish automobile manufacturer has included City Safety Collision Avoidance Technology, advanced airbags, and numerous other features, to make sure the 2016 Volvo Xc90 T8 adheres to the brand’s strong emphasis on safety.
Standard Safety Features
- City Safety Collision Avoidance Technology
- Collision Warning
- Daytime Running Lights
- Driver Alert Control with Lane Departure Warning
- Active Bending Lights
- Advanced Airbags
- ISOFIX/Latch Attachment system