2017 Acura ILX Overview
The 2017 Acura ILX is a compact sport-sedan that has a starting MSRP of $27,990. The Acura ILX is mainly unchanged for the new model year, but it still offers a sporty 201-horsepower four-cylinder engine, a comfortable interior, and it costs much less than other luxury rivals, while still providing a well respected nameplate. Key competitors for 2017 ILX include the Buick Verano, Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class, and Audi A3.
What’s New for the 2017 Acura ILX?
Following extensive changes for the 2016 model year, not much has changed for the 2017 version of the Acura ILX compact four-door sedan. It’s most significant update comes in the form of three new exterior color options, which are San Marino Red, Modern Steel Metallic, and Lunar Silver Metallic.
2017 Acura ILX Photos:
2017 Acura ILX Exterior
The 2017 Acura ILX features a sleek and sporty exterior design that’s highlighted by its distinctive Jewel Eye LED headlights. In addition, consumers might be surprised to learn that even the base model comes standard with a sunroof and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, while buyers with a little more cash to spend might want to consider the available A-Spec package that adds larger wheels, foglights, side sills, and a rear spoiler. Exterior color options include Crystal Black Pearl, Catalina Blue Pearl, and Bellanova White Pearl.
2017 Acura ILX Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX
- Jewel Eye LED headlights, 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with AcuraWatch Plus
- Comes with same exterior features as standard ILX.
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Premium Package
- Comes with same exterior features as standard ILX.
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Premium Package and A-SPEC Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX with Premium Package features: 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Rear spoiler, Side sill extensions, Fog Lights
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Technology Plus Package
- Comes with same exterior features as ILX with Premium Package.
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Technology Plus and A-SPEC Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX with Technology Plus Package features: Fog Lights, Sid-sill extensions, A-SPEC rear decklid spoiler, 18-inch alloy wheels
2017 Acura ILX Performance
Underneath its hood, the 2017 Acura ILX comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that’s good for 201 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. That motor works with an eight-speed dual clutch transmission that also features a torque converter. This unique gearbox provides the new Acura ILX with lightning-fast shifting abilities, as well as improved ride quality. Also, as far as 0-to-60 times go, the 2017 Acura ILX can accomplish that task in less than seven seconds.
2017 Acura ILX Efficiency
Thanks in part to its eight-speed dual clutch transmission and four-cylinder motor that features both direct gas injection and intelligent variable valve timing, the 2017 Acura ILX is able to yield EPA-estimated fuel economy of 25 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway. Those estimates put the ILX’s efficiency ratings well above those of its main rival, the soon-to-be discontinued Buick Verano. In addition, every new Acura ILX comes standard with a 13.2 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Acura ILX Interior
For a compact sedan, the 2017 Acura ILX offers a spacious and luxurious interior cabin, which comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, and leatherette upholstery, as well as additional tech features such as a multi-view rear camera and six-speaker audio system. Moreover, thanks to the use of active noise cancellation technology, the cabin of the Acura ILX is quieter than it has been in years past, while the trunk features 12.3 cubic feet of cargo space. For even more tech equipment, there’s an available Technology Plus package, which adds a navigation system and 10-speaker sound system, among other features.
2017 Acura ILX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX
- Keyless access system with pushbutton ignition, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface, Dual-zone automatic climate control system, Audio system with 6 speakers, USB Audio Interface with iPod integration, Bluetooth streaming audio with Pandora compatibility, Multi-view rear camera
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with AcuraWatch Plus
- Adding to or replacing standard ILX features: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation, Color Multi-Information Display (MID)
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Premium Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX features: Perforated leather-trimmed sport seats, 2-driver position memory for driver’s seat, 4-way power adjustment for front passenger seat, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, On Demand Multi-Use Display, iPhone AcuraLink Navigation App capability, 8-inch LED backlit VGA display, Blind Spot Information System, Sub-woofer, Aha compatibility, Siri Eyes free, Email capability, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, HD Radio, HomeLink, Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Premium Package and A-SPEC Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX with Premium Package features: Perforated Lux Suede seating surfaces, Contrast color stitching interior, Aluminum pedals, Ebony headliner, Red instrument panel illumination
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Technology Plus Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX with Premium Package features: AcuraWatch Plus and Premium Package, Acura Navigation System with 3D view, Voice Recognition and Song By Voice, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting, ELS Studio Premium Audio System with 10 speakers, Note function music-reminder for SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Phone-book exchange for Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, GPS-linked climate control, AcuraLink The Next Generation, Dynamic guidelines in multi-view rear camera
Interior available on the 2017 Acura ILX with Technology Plus and A-SPEC Package
- Adding to or replacing ILX with Technology Plus Package features: Perforated Lux Suede seating surfaces, Contrast color stitching interior, Aluminum pedals, Ebony headliner, Red instrument panel illumination
2017 Acura ILX Safety
Like all new vehicles, the 2017 Acura ILX comes standard with stability and traction control, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. However, for those consumers looking for the very best safety features possible, the new ILX is also available with the AcuraWatch Plus package. This unique package includes a suite of advanced safety technologies, such as lane departure warning, forward collision warning, road departure warning, road departure mitigation, and adaptive cruise control.
Standard Safety Features
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Theft-deterrent system with ignition immobilizer
- Dynamic guidelines in Multi-view Rear Camera
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Color Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS)
- Side curtain airbags
- Front side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Blind spot information (BSI) System
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Multi-view Rear Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child-seat mounting system